FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedEvening Hours

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
eao View Drop Down
Junior Slug
Junior Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eao Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Evening Hours
    Posted: 10 Feb 2015 at 8:18am
I know I would be interested in picking up riders for Stafford after 6pm however I only drive on Friday. As I am in Alexandria then, I'm reluctant to take the time and the gas to drive up to the Pentagon to see if there is anyone there to pick up. I tried posting something but did not get a response from anyone.
mpatoka View Drop Down
Junior Slug
Junior Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mpatoka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2015 at 10:08am
The HOV lanes are only non-HOV3 after 6pm from the Pentagon to Turkeycock, where they become HOT lanes. You are still required to have 3 persons to ride free in the HOT so drivers still need to pick up slugs if they want to drive for free from that point on.

I haven't had to test the slugline that late yet but my boss does and he says it's still pretty much like before, there are drivers still picking up after 6pm. If anything, there should be more drivers coming through, especially if they are heading south of Springfield and don't want to pay.
Siata208 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Siata208 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2015 at 10:00am
Has anyone who slugs out of the Pentagon or Roslyn in the evenings noticed whether there are cars picking up after 6:00, now that the HOV lanes are not free after 6:00?

Thanks
Alan
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic