Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > Morning Slug Lines
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Bobs Springfield -->> State Department

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rockinsports Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Bobs Springfield -->> State Department
    Posted: 06 Feb 2018 at 1:52pm
Hello Everyone,

I am a new slugger. I work at the Department of State 23rd/C and 21st/C and I am trying to find the closet AM slug drop off?

Any help would be appreciated!
GregP View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GregP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2018 at 11:15am
There are two lines that form at Bob's. Actually, the lines depart from across the street from the Giant / Wells Fargo side in the large parking lot between the Sunoco gas station and the Church. That side is generally known as the "pick up" or "morning" (aka; Long John Silver's) side vs. the "drop off" or "evening" side, which is the "Bob's" side (aka; Chi Chi's, Wells Fargo, CVS, Giant or Kmart side). Drivers usually drop riders off next to the Wells Fargo bank just inside the entrance to the lot.

I believe the line that'll get you closest to 23rd St. lines up with their backs to the Sunoco gas station. That line will at least get you over the Memorial Bridge. You may want to line up a bit early and talk to some of the sluggers to find out more specifics regarding drop off locations and what the best times are.

If you drive to the lot, you can park either in the large lot between the Sunoco station and the Church, (which also includes a large portion of the parking lot belonging to the American Legion Post). That side will have the most plentiful parking. Other parking locations are behind the Church (from what I've been told there are only a few spaces available) and across the street near the Wells Fargo bank and some spaces in the back near or behind Kmart. Hopefully, you're an early bird. From what I've been told, parking may be filled up near or by 8 a.m.

I'm not certain about the evening return but 18th & F seems to be the closest location to catch a ride back home (I could be wrong, however).

http://www.slug-lines.com/AM_Lines/Bobs.asp

Hopefully others will chime in with more accurate info. I hope this will work out for you.

Edited by GregP - 07 Feb 2018 at 11:27am
DC2RV View Drop Down
Master Slug
Master Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DC2RV Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2018 at 7:27am
rockinsports - there are no "official" drop off points.  At Bob's (the line with back to gas station), drivers will call out their destination (usually 18th or 23rd and a cross street).  

If their destination is beyond State, suggest that before getting in, you ask if the driver can drop you off at State or a place nearby.  That way you can decide to accept a ride and the driver knows well in advance that you'd like to get out prior to their actual destination.  Most drivers are very accommodating in that regard.  

Good luck.
Anm91906 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anm91906 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2019 at 3:04pm
Did you ever figure out the route. I also work at state department and have never slugged before but want to.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic