Home | Profile | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Slugging Comments
 General Slugging Topics
 Slug Lines at New Telegraph Road Commuter Lot!!
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

floreso2

15 Posts

Posted - 11/05/2012 :  13:32:13  Show Profile
The bus service information can be found on PRTC web page under FAQs. There are only 2 bus routes that service the new lot.
Go to Top of Page

hootietdf
Starting Member

1 Posts

Posted - 11/06/2012 :  11:17:18  Show Profile
The two buses that are running to the new lot are:
- Rosslyn/Ballston OmniRide
- Dale City - Pentagon/Crystal City OmniRide
The idea is to only have these two to minimize the disruption to the traffic on Telegraph from having buses making left turns. Once they widen Telegraph, there should be more lines that run there.
Go to Top of Page

dizzykat22192

19 Posts

Posted - 11/14/2012 :  11:43:20  Show Profile
Still no decision about Telegraph Rd. lot? What's the hold up? I spoke with the police officer stationed at the entrance to help buses (and cars but I got the idea it was predominately for the busses) exit and even he asked why the website for slugs hasn't come up with an idea to avoid the pedestrian traffic from lot to lot and commented on how unsafe the situation is.
Go to Top of Page

sincereluv

7 Posts

Posted - 11/15/2012 :  21:31:06  Show Profile
Yes this lot is really unsafe i agree, and now they are closing Tackets lot i had flyer on my car tonite to say they are closing in 2wks that we now must park at Telegraph which clearly isn't trying to not only set up slug lines but now they want us to cross a road thats completly unsafe with or without cops there. Please who thought about any of this and why us have commuters have no decision in any of this. Really stupid!!!!!!!!
Go to Top of Page

Rocku

13 Posts

Posted - 11/16/2012 :  17:15:54  Show Profile
The logical solution would be to move the Rosslyn slug line to the new Telegraph Road lot, since that's one of two buses that service that lot, and see how many cars move over there. I have the feeling that the Pent and Crystal City lines would move too many cars and overload that lot.

dude.
Go to Top of Page

Rocku

13 Posts

Posted - 11/16/2012 :  17:19:00  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by sincereluv

Yes this lot is really unsafe i agree, and now they are closing Tackets lot i had flyer on my car tonite to say they are closing in 2wks that we now must park at Telegraph which clearly isn't trying to not only set up slug lines but now they want us to cross a road thats completly unsafe with or without cops there. Please who thought about any of this and why us have commuters have no decision in any of this. Really stupid!!!!!!!!

Which lot, Tackett's or Lake Ridge?

dude.
Go to Top of Page

sincereluv

7 Posts

Posted - 11/19/2012 :  13:46:34  Show Profile
In response to "Rocku" i park in lot closest to the Sentara hospital which is the one they just built that i now understand to be the lot closing..HOpefully not the whole Tacketts lot which i misunderstood to be closing.
Go to Top of Page

urdebest
Starting Member

1 Posts

Posted - 11/20/2012 :  11:17:16  Show Profile
Since this coincides with the opening of the HOT lanes to Tyson's, it would be great to see a slug line develop to Tyson's here!
Go to Top of Page

luvlybird
Starting Member

3 Posts

Posted - 12/02/2012 :  15:17:38  Show Profile
I too would like to see a Tyson's line

luvly
Go to Top of Page

Zerby
Starting Member

2 Posts

Posted - 12/18/2012 :  14:52:14  Show Profile
I just noticed this discussion after posting request for moving slug lines on the message board. Please see link and post comments on how changes can be made quickly

<a href="http://www.slug-lines.com/forum2/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=13413">http://www.slug-lines.com/forum2/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=13413</a>

Go to Top of Page

pgoree01
Starting Member

1 Posts

Posted - 01/23/2013 :  15:06:53  Show Profile
I am a new slug rider in woodbridge, I used the slug lines in lorton. I live near the VRE near belmont bay and I am looking for a slug line to L'Enfant plaza, where can I catch the slug line for this destination?
Go to Top of Page

HelenMarie07
Starting Member

1 Posts

Posted - 02/26/2013 :  07:49:20  Show Profile
A slug line to georgetown is need for most commuter lots would be really helpful.
Go to Top of Page

celinasunm
Starting Member

1 Posts

Posted - 04/16/2013 :  08:55:41  Show Profile
Morning!

My fiancé and I are new to "slug" and we are going to be commuting from Telegraph/S. Van Dorn area to Georgetown (passing the Pentagon). Does anyone have an update if this location for pickup will be available soon?

Celina

CG
Go to Top of Page

Pele
Advanced Member

USA
316 Posts

Posted - 04/16/2013 :  19:51:19  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by celinasunm

Morning!

My fiancé and I are new to "slug" and we are going to be commuting from Telegraph/S. Van Dorn area to Georgetown (passing the Pentagon). Does anyone have an update if this location for pickup will be available soon?

Celina

CG

Telegraph Rd in Alexandria?

See, this is the problem with VDOT... They need to start digging deeper in the dictionary for road names.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news: There's a Telegraph Rd in Woodbridge, near Potomac Mills. That's where the new lot is.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Slug-Lines.com Message Board © 2000 - 2017 Forel Publishing Company Go To Top Of Page