How early slugging from Fredericksburg?
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

AngloAustrian
Average Member

93 Posts

Posted - 09/26/2012 :  08:16:48  Show Profile
Can anyone tell me the earliest possibility to get a ride from either Route 17 or Route 610 to DC - anywhere near a metro - I will need to get a flight from Dulles at 6:00 a.m. on a TUESDAY so trying to figure out if it's possible to do this.

I10619

8 Posts

Posted - 10/17/2012 :  10:46:30  Show Profile
A 0600 flight is cutting it close. You'd have to arrive at the airport by at least 0500. I've been slugging for over a year now and have tried several different locations. From my observation, you would be lucky if someone picked you up in time for you to catch the metro and make that flight time. HOV doesn't start until 0600 so most people don't start picking up at the commuter lot until around 0530 depending on which lot you take. Rarely do you find someone to pick you up before then because most can make it to their destination before the 0600 HOV restrictions. I wouldn't risk it. I know there is a guy that shows up at the 143 lot at around 0410 in the morning at the Pentagon line but he normally has 3 people he picks up that are his "regulars". If you get there early enough, maybe you can be first in line and he may take you, but then you'd have to factor in the time to get to Dulles from the Pentagon during morning Rush Hour using the Metro. I don't think you'd have enough time. Hope someone here can provide you with a better answer or alternative. Best of luck to you.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Slug-Lines.com Message Board © 2000 - 2017 Forel Publishing Company Go To Top Of Page