Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Babiegyrl
Starting Member

1 Posts

Posted - 11/15/2012 :  19:57:24  Show Profile
I can't understand why the rackets mills lot is closing and for what?!!!
A lot of people commute out that lot and safer than Horner rd lot.
I am going to fight this decision, because it caused a problem.
There is never no parking at Horner rd lot plus the new
Lot across from Horner rd is not safe to cross telegraph rd.
Then you have to be at Horner rd before 7am to get a ride.
Do anyone think about others before thinking about saving money?!!
It's not fair to the riders or drivers by closing the lot.
Until slug.com come out to ride slug, then do not assum
You are doing the right thing by closing down rackets mills lot!!!
I am upset by this and it do not think it is fair to the drivers or riders!!!!

Never ending story

sincereluv

7 Posts

Posted - 11/15/2012 :  21:20:25  Show Profile
I too agree why would Prince william even consider the thought of closing Tackets Mill lot being that this is a later lot. I'm very upset to have gotten home tonite to a flyer on my car stating in 2 wks they are closing the lot we nw have to park at the
Telegraph lot!!!! Prince william is creating a bigger problem because as stated not only is parking now at Telegraph lot dangerous to cross as pedestrian but even harder to get in and out of with only one entrance. Plus the fact i dont see anyone tryin to set up lines for slugging at all what are or is anyone waiting for?? I'm sure it will not take long with in the evenings now it being dark someone will get hitt on the road trying to cross from one lot to another. Tackets is much more safer i completely agree!! This is going to cause alot of problems.
why as many of us stated that have been talking drivers and sluggers why wouldnt you put a crosswalk over the sstreet, i mean really yet you want to put a light and sidewalk which i doubt will fix it being a dangerous lot. Who is the one that made decision to close Tackets why is the lot a p0roblem and you want us to not have a decision and just shipp us to another lot???? I mean really this is very upsetting to me as a daily commuter. Traffic at some point will not be possible at all if Virginia doesnt fix it!!!! WOW NO METRO, NO EVEN CONSIDERING WIDENING THE HIGHWAY BUT YOU WILL PUT IN HOTT LANES WHICH IS GOING TO MAKE HOV NO LONGER A POSSIBILITY. NOW CLOSING A LOT MANY OF US NEED TO HAVE BECAUSE OF LACK OF TRANSPORTATION PLEASE!! We dont live in city like DC which is easy without car to get around this is a real mess!!!!!!!!!! Very unhappy
Go to Top of Page

Rocku

13 Posts

Posted - 11/16/2012 :  17:07:34  Show Profile
Is this for real? Which lot were you parked in, Tackett's Mill shopping center, or across the street in Lake Ridge lot?

dude.
Go to Top of Page

vistalizzie

10 Posts

Posted - 11/19/2012 :  01:45:20  Show Profile
As I understand it from the flyer that was left on car windshields, what is being closed is not the Tacketts Mill Shopping Center commuter lot (on Harbor Drive) but the Lake Ridge "addenda" lot (on Minnieville, next to the new Sentara clinic). And the reason it is being closed, as I gather from the flyer, is that it is not public land (not at VDOT facility) but was leased by the County from (apparently) a commercial landholder. The lease is up now, and the landholder wants to do something else with the land. Probably build something there. Seems there is or used to be a sign there indicating that. Well, I guess us late birds just go back to parking at the Tacketts Mill Shopping Center commuter lot (near McDonalds) and making the hike over to the Lake Ridge commuter lot. Like we used to. Hopefully there is still room for all of us there (Tacketts S/C commuter lot). Yes, I'll miss that Lake Ridge/Sentara lot too; safer walking since no roads to cross. But we cannot get mad at the landholder. S/he can do whatever s/he wants with her/his land.
Go to Top of Page

sincereluv

7 Posts

Posted - 11/19/2012 :  13:40:49  Show Profile
Oh so they are closing the lot closest to the Sentara Hospital which just opened up "wow". So not closing the whole lot am i understanding this right, so we will still be able to park at Tacketts Mill?? I really do hope so because i'm not trying to have to park at Telegraph it's the worst lot i do believe as far as unsafe not only walking or driving in and out of.
Go to Top of Page

RoadRunner
Advanced Member

402 Posts

Posted - 11/19/2012 :  14:44:29  Show Profile
Spoke to Ed Cronan at Supervisor May's office today. He confirmed they are not closing the VDOT owned Tacketts Mill lot. The lot closest to Sentara is commercially owned and building will start in March 2013.
Go to Top of Page

sincereluv

7 Posts

Posted - 11/20/2012 :  12:48:49  Show Profile
Thank you RoadRunner for the update...im glad they are only closing a portion and not whole lot. I definitely didn't want to be having to park at Telegraph lot it's very busy unsafe lot to me having to walk to get to another slug line across telegraph is not easy at all. Have a great holiday
Go to Top of Page

RoadRunner
Advanced Member

402 Posts

Posted - 11/20/2012 :  14:42:21  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by sincereluv

Thank you RoadRunner for the update...im glad they are only closing a portion and not whole lot. I definitely didn't want to be having to park at Telegraph lot it's very busy unsafe lot to me having to walk to get to another slug line across telegraph is not easy at all. Have a great holiday

I can't blame you and or anyone for not wanting to commute out of the Telegraph lot. It is highly dangerous, especially when it's dark. I heard Starbucks is one of the businesses going into the commercial lot. Guess since Sentara was built, this would attract businesses and therefore the commercial lot owner decided to capitalize on this.
Go to Top of Page

sincereluv

7 Posts

Posted - 11/27/2012 :  13:15:12  Show Profile
Hi Roadrunner, Yes Telegraph road & lot are just dangerous no matter how you look at it for drivers as well as the people having to walk over to Horner lot..Anyhow so this is why they are taking the overflow lot next to Sentara is it building businesses like Starbucks how and where..Doesn't look like enough room to me to put that in that lot when you have Safeway shopping center which has the room and empty spaces they should be filling with businesses..But who am i to say they build shopping centers and lots only to have them go abandon that is krazy..Lovely place we live in right..
Thank you for the updates as always hope you have great holiday!!
Go to Top of Page

SpongeBob
Advanced Member

USA
679 Posts

Posted - 11/29/2012 :  18:14:12  Show Profile
Let me remind the board that one of the reasons we have the traffic light at the 234 lot is because a poor slug was killed trying to cross the 6 lanes of traffic to the McDonald's after dark. Killed, mind you. Just a regular schmo trying to get home to family. Could have been you.

How long will it be, do you think, before this happens on Telegraph Road this winter?
Go to Top of Page

christy22
Starting Member

1 Posts

Posted - 11/30/2012 :  18:32:48  Show Profile
Can anyone please give me the exact location of the new lot being discussed up here? i pick up slugs from the tacket mills lot to the pentagon. but now that its closing, i'm confused as to where to pick people. this morning, i was at horner rd lot and there was nobody to pick up. its scary to think i have to get up way too early to get to work after this lot is closed on Monday.
Ps. I work at ft myers so if anyone is interested in slugging there you can email me at ebrncnx@gmail.com
Thanks
Go to Top of Page

Admin
Forum Admin

1171 Posts

Posted - 12/01/2012 :  07:11:10  Show Profile
I have not seen the flyer, so if somebody could email me one, I would appreciate it. Send it to webmaster@slug-lines.com

Thanks!
Go to Top of Page

Admin
Forum Admin

1171 Posts

Posted - 12/02/2012 :  10:01:46  Show Profile
No need really. Just stopped by the lot. Closed effective 1 Dec 2012.
Go to Top of Page

floreso2

15 Posts

Posted - 12/03/2012 :  12:17:50  Show Profile
The whole lot is not being closed. Just the overflow part next to the Sentara medical center.
Go to Top of Page

malibumike
Starting Member

1 Posts

Posted - 12/05/2012 :  09:32:46  Show Profile
I parked in the addendeum lot today along with about 30 other cars. Does anyone know if they are ticketing or towing?
Go to Top of Page

peachie
Starting Member

1 Posts

Posted - 12/13/2012 :  08:17:33  Show Profile
I, too, am a "late" commuter and use the "extended" Tacketts Mill lot. It looks like the option is to get there earlier or find an alternative parking and/or slug location.

How soon does the main Tacketts Mill lot fill up? I know at Horner Road, you have to be there by 6:30am, or else, there's no more spaces.

While I cannot get mad at the owner of the lot for not renewing the lease (it is his/her business after all!), I do am disappointed at the County/VDOT officials who make these decisions without any thought...

I know there is also a Rosslyn slug line at the Dale City Commuter Lot. However, I do not know how late they pick up slugs there. I believe that lot doesnt fill-up so there should be parking even after 7:30am (not totally sure since I haven't parked at this lot for months).
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Slug-Lines.com Message Board © 2000 - 2017 Forel Publishing Company Go To Top Of Page