General Slugging Topics
 BEWARE OF WHITE LEXUS
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

map077

20 Posts

Posted - 11/28/2012 :  13:24:22  Show Profile
We were picked up by a young Latina woman in a white Lexus with a child seat in the back who picked us up at 14th Street and the Commerce Building before 4:00 pm the week of Thanksgiving. This young woman was a "speedy" driver hitting about 75 mph and was in and out of traffic on the HOV lanes the entire way to Horner Road. Then to add insult to injury, she decided to chat on her phone (holding it up to her ear) removing her other hand periodically to gesture as she continued to speed up the road. I was totally disgusted with her behavior and frankly a bit afraid while riding in her car. Had we not been in Lorton when she decided to get on the phone I think I would have said something to her; after thinking about it perhaps I should have anyway. The other passenger didn't say anything either which made me hesitent to comment. I was wondering if anyone has encountered this problem and what did you do about it? No matter what, if this lady offers you a ride I would highly recommend passing her up and wait for another car!

scottt

415 Posts

Posted - 11/29/2012 :  07:57:42  Show Profile
I don't think 10mph over the speed limit is "speedy". Try going 65mph on the beltway. See how many cars pass you. The main issue here, is if she was weaving in and out of traffic, and distracted on her cell phone.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Slug-Lines.com Message Board © 2000 - 2017 Forel Publishing Company Go To Top Of Page