Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

stonesw
Starting Member

1 Posts

Posted - 12/05/2012 :  09:21:58  Show Profile
Is there any interest in establishing a new slug line near one of the HOT lane exits in Tyson's Corner? (West Park or Jones Branch) Perhaps near one of the Metro stations that are under construction?

I've been riding my motorcycle up the HOV lanes and HOT lanes from Fredericksburg to Tyson's since they opened and it is a great ride. Much faster than going into the Pentagon and then out to Tyson's.

I won't comment much about the accidents that happened on the HOT lanes. But I will say the new lanes are not confusing if you're paying attention.

luvlybird
Starting Member

3 Posts

Posted - 12/06/2012 :  07:54:00  Show Profile
I'm interested in a line to and from Tyson's. Let's make it happen

luvly
Go to Top of Page

holleyday
Starting Member

2 Posts

Posted - 12/12/2012 :  11:36:12  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by luvlybird

luvly

YES PLEASE!!! To and from Tyson's! We could do a pick up line in the afternoon by the Tyson's Connector bus stop(s).
Go to Top of Page

bdsslug

5 Posts

Posted - 12/14/2012 :  22:03:22  Show Profile
I have been picking up slugs in the morning at the Tysons Express bus stop in the Route 123 Commuter Lot in Woodbridge. In the evenings, however, slugs are hard to find in Tysons.
Go to Top of Page

Atlantis.99

18 Posts

Posted - 12/15/2012 :  15:39:13  Show Profile
I occasionally go to Tysons in the morning and will try the 123 lot. I've got my ezflex ready to go. My biggest concern is having to do multiple drop offs and then getting caught up in the local traffic and losing back the time.

Suggestions for end points? Maybe the mall (big parking lot, safe to drop off).

On a side note .. I have taken the express lanes a couple of times each way, just not during core rush hour yet, and they are smooth rides, especially since there are no 18-wheelers to deal with. Best dollar i spent that day.

Slug-Recipes.Com

Edited by - Atlantis.99 on 12/15/2012 15:40:26
Go to Top of Page

USA
Advanced Member

296 Posts

Posted - 12/17/2012 :  15:48:29  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by Atlantis.99

On a side note .. I have taken the express lanes a couple of times each way, just not during core rush hour yet, and they are smooth rides, especially since there are no 18-wheelers to deal with. Best dollar i spent that day.

Last Thursday I used them during rush hour for the first time. I was in Falls Church near Don Beyer Volvo, heading home around 4:30 PM, and couldn't use I-66 due to the HOV restriction. So I took Shreve Road to US-29 and then used the new entrance to the Beltway Express Lanes. Toll was $1.05 to Springfield. I was home in 20 minutes going 70 mph for most of the way, whereas the local lanes were at a standstill near US-50 and Gallows. The same drive (not my normal commute, BTW) used to take me 45 minutes because of the need to get from US-29 to either US-50 or Gallows and then get onto the Beltway. To me $1.05 to save 25 minutes is well worth it.

The new lanes are good for my blood pressure too, a lot fewer aggressive assholes driving in there.

Edited by - USA on 12/17/2012 15:49:00
Go to Top of Page

bdsslug

5 Posts

Posted - 12/18/2012 :  06:29:48  Show Profile
quote:
My biggest concern is having to do multiple drop offs and then getting caught up in the local traffic and losing back the time.

I have found the time savings to be marginal when taking slugs on average days. Traffic on the main lanes of the Beltway seems to be a bit better now that construction of the Express Lanes is finished. Part of it may also be due to the holidays.

Despite the almost tolerable traffic conditions the last couple of weeks, in anticipation that there are many more bad traffic days to come, I am still a proponent of having a viable slug line to Tysons.
Go to Top of Page

Crypea1
Starting Member

3 Posts

Posted - 12/20/2012 :  07:30:03  Show Profile
I am interested in picking up or being dropped off on Greensboro drive two days a week beginning January. Any interest? Travel from Fredericksburg.
Go to Top of Page

HOVPOSITIVE
Starting Member

2 Posts

Posted - 12/29/2012 :  19:10:14  Show Profile
I live in Stafford and work in Tyson's everyday. I am interested in slugging to and from Jones Branch.

John Cox
Go to Top of Page

freddieworker
Starting Member

3 Posts

Posted - 01/04/2013 :  19:38:33  Show Profile
I would like to ride to Freddie from Springfield.

Anyone else?
Go to Top of Page

Crypea1
Starting Member

3 Posts

Posted - 01/10/2013 :  16:24:05  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by holleyday

quote:
Originally posted by luvlybird

luvly

YES PLEASE!!! To and from Tyson's! We could do a pick up line in the afternoon by the Tyson's Connector bus stop(s).

I am driving on 1/11 to Tyson's. Are you interested in a ride from 17 or 610. Email me at crypea@aol.com
Go to Top of Page

Crypea1
Starting Member

3 Posts

Posted - 01/10/2013 :  16:25:34  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by HOVPOSITIVE

I live in Stafford and work in Tyson's everyday. I am interested in slugging to and from Jones Branch.

John Cox

I am driving on 1/11to Tyson's. are you interested in a ride from 17 or 610. Email me at crypea@aol.com.
Go to Top of Page

tgreen197
Starting Member

1 Posts

Posted - 02/06/2013 :  10:28:08  Show Profile
I am interested in a line from Woodbridge to Tyson's Galleria area (PwC/Deloitte. Prefer Horner, but can work with the Tacketts 123 lot.

What are good times in the morning?

Tom Green
Go to Top of Page

holleyday
Starting Member

2 Posts

Posted - 04/03/2013 :  08:49:00  Show Profile
Why can't we use the Tyson's Express Bus Stop map as pick up/drop off locations for sluggers? This will help drivers locate sluggers in addition if there are no more cars for the morning/evening sluggers can use the bus to get to their destination. I am interested in a Tysons line to/from Woodbridge / Tysons.

http://prtctransit.org/commuter-bus/schedules/tysonscorner-am-map.php

quote:
Originally posted by Atlantis.99

I occasionally go to Tysons in the morning and will try the 123 lot. I've got my ezflex ready to go. My biggest concern is having to do multiple drop offs and then getting caught up in the local traffic and losing back the time.

Suggestions for end points? Maybe the mall (big parking lot, safe to drop off).

Slug-Recipes.Com

Go to Top of Page

HOVPOSITIVE
Starting Member

2 Posts

Posted - 06/25/2013 :  17:00:33  Show Profile
Is there anyone interested in slugging from Stafford (Mine Road or Lowes) or Montclair VDOT Lot to Tysons and back? I'm thinking Jones Branch but I am flexible.

John Cox
Go to Top of Page

paulazel
Starting Member

4 Posts

Posted - 07/03/2013 :  10:36:11  Show Profile
All, my colleague and I are commuting to Tyson's. I pick her up from I95&123 Lot at 7:45am. We are looking for someone to join us so we can jump on HOV/Express Lines. We work at Deloitte Building right off of Westpark. We typically leave Tyson's by 5pm, say 4:45pm.
If you are interested please let me know. Thanks!
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Slug-Lines.com Message Board © 2000 - 2017 Forel Publishing Company Go To Top Of Page