Rude Aggressive Driver from Old Hechinger
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Ready2Retire
Starting Member

2 Posts

Posted - 08/12/2014 :  08:20:13  Show Profile
Just a warning for anyone riding to 14th Street destinations from Old Hechinger in the morning. This morning I rode with a middle-aged lady with glasses and short blond hair. She drives an older model (maybe 2008) teal Mercury Mariner and she has Patriots seatbelt pads. I didn't get her exact license plate but it is one of the yellow "Don't Tread on Me" plates, with either LOT BGT or LGT BOT...some combination of those letters.

Either way, she is an aggressive driver. She speeds. She tailgates. She speeds up when people put on their blinker to get over. It even started just leaving the Old Hechinger lot when she got impatient with the car in front of her and went around the car to turn right onto 123, and almost caused an accident.

Also, please do not use your phone for even a second in her car. I rode in with a young autistic man who took a call from his dad. I assume from the quick "Hi Dad. I'm in DC. Okay, same here" conversation that the father was just making sure his son made it in safely. Even for this quick call, the driver turned around and asked if we knew the rule about using cell phones in the car. She said that it is rude to the driver and very distracting. I politely told her that a quick conversation is okay in emergencies and proceeded to read to her, verbatim, from slug-lines.com the "rule" on using cell phones. I also told her that she was rude for speaking to that gentleman like that knowing what his situation was.

I will never ride with her again.

Edited by - Ready2Retire on 08/12/2014 08:22:28
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Slug-Lines.com Message Board © 2000 - 2017 Forel Publishing Company Go To Top Of Page