General Slugging Topics
 sluggers who ride PRTC also
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

vistalizzie

10 Posts

Posted - 04/11/2016 :  12:41:29  Show Profile
Hello, all. If you slug and ride the bus (PRTC) in Prince William County, you probably already know that PRTC is in grave financial shape. Seems (at best) some services will be cut, and a fare increase is a given come July 2016. However, in the longer run, services might be radically reduced if PRTC doesn't get the government funding it needs.

If you don't know already, the Prince William Board of Supervisors has a public hearing about its FY17 budget tomorrow at the McCoart Building at 7:30pm. PRTC has been begging its riders to attend this meeting and voice our support for better funding of the bus company. There is another public hearing in Manassas on April 25th at the Manassas City Hall at 7:30pm.

Finally, I learned recently that two Delegates of the General Assembly in Richmond are also PRTC board members (learned this from my BOCS Maureen Caddigan). They are Delegate Richard Anderson (DelRAnderson@house.virginia.gov) and Delegate Jackson Miller (DelJMiller@house.virginia.gov).

I just sent both some email to try harder to do something positive for PRTC. Had earlier sent similar to my own Delegate and state senator as well.

Edited by - vistalizzie on 04/15/2016 11:31:57
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Slug-Lines.com Message Board © 2000 - 2017 Forel Publishing Company Go To Top Of Page