Message Board Message Board
Home | Profile | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

 All Forums
 General Slugging Comments
 General Slugging Topics
 How to Contact VDOT
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Forum Admin

1171 Posts

Posted - 04/23/2016 :  07:13:08  Show Profile
If you want to report a problem like a traffic light problem, road problem, need information, etc. there is a webpage on VDOT to use. The URL is:

If you want to get all the information, please use their Contact Us page.

Contact Us
Customer Service Center: 1-800-FOR-ROAD (1-800-367-7623)

Call VDOT's Customer Service Center at 1-800-367-7623 around the clock. TTY users can call 711.
Report all unsafe and hazardous road conditions
Report work requests for state-maintained roads
Other VDOT questions

Note: VDOT does not fill potholes in cities, towns, or in Henrico and Arlington counties -- except for interstates and major primary roads within these jurisdictions.

For the latest road conditions, call 511.

Follow the links below for contact information:
Online Feedback Form

Get and report road conditions

Secretary of Transportation

Commissioner of the Virginia Department of Transportation

Commonwealth Transportation Board

Central Office Mailing Address
Virginia Department of Transportation
1401 E. Broad St.
Richmond, VA 23219

Media Contacts
VDOT believes in developing and maintaining solid media relations. The department has a strong team of public relations professionals ready to provide prompt and accurate information to the media and public.
Media contact list

Work Requests
VDOT can help with culvert cleaning, pothole patching, water drainage, guard rail replacement, bridge work, signs, traffic lights, animal, tree or trash removal. Just submit a work request or call 800-367-ROAD (7623) (TTY users, call 711) for prompt assistance.

Road Conditions

If you're aware of unsafe conditions, call 800-367-7623. If you need information about the conditions of interstate and primary highways, call 511.


For questions or comments about road maintenance, construction or highway issues near you, call 800-367-7623. To report a road problem, go here.

Statewide/General Information
Send questions about statewide transportation policies, VDOT publications and other transportation issues to our Central Office in Richmond.

Information Center

To order maps call 800-367-7623, or write:

VDOT Information Center
1221 E. Broad St.
Richmond, VA 23219

Construction Information
Click to learn about construction contracting opportunities with VDOT.

Driver's License, License Plate, and Vehicle Registration
The Department of Motor Vehicles, a separate state agency, is responsible for administering driver's licenses and vehicle information. Contact them at 804-497-7100, or for automated telephone transactions: 888-337-4782.

Web Site Information

For questions or problems regarding VDOT's website, or for other issues, e-mail us, or write:

VDOT Communications
1401 E. Broad St.
Richmond, VA 23219

  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To: Message Board © 2000 - 2017 Forel Publishing Company Go To Top Of Page
Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07