Home | Profile | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Slugging Comments
 Hybrids
 Hybrid Owners You took Over HOV now out web site?
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 10

n/a
deleted

632 Posts

Posted - 07/21/2008 :  13:29:26  Show Profile

"Everyone knows" isn't much on factual analysis, either. Let's try some simple physics, yet again, and see if you can keep up. If the vehicle is at constant velocity, what is the accelleration? Yes, raymond, the answer is zero. Granted, constant velocity is difficult to obtain with friction and wind resistence, but many of we drivers do not floor the accellerator to maintain that constant speed. Every single time you let up on that gas pedal, raymond, what happens differently between that old, used nissan you are so proud of and a hybrid? Simply put, the conventional vehicle continues to pollute and use gas while the hybrid could well have its gas engine shut off - and the battery gets charged to boot!
[/quote]

Soooo, your hybrid does not use gas? Even (especially) at highway speeds? Hmmmm.
Your hybrid does not have a tailpipe? Hmmmm.
Your hybrid does not cost 20 -30% more than a comparable car? Hmmmm. Your SOV hybird does not have at least three empty seats? Hmmmmm, must be some new kind of hybrid! You "could well have" a point, and be the most righteous person on the planet! I must concede; how can I argue with a diety?

I take it back NoSUV; all this time I have opposed your POV on the hybrid issue. But now, well, I must have one of these hybrids! I could tap my kid's college fund, or second mortgage the house, or take a second job. But its all worth it to get on the bandwagon and spend my way into saving the planet. I'm sure President Bush would approve, after all, he told us that we are going to war and we should all go shopping! Your logic is undeniable; I must spend at least $30,000.00 on a hybrid to save the planet. Nevermind that's twice as much as I've ever spend on a car in my life. Whoopee!
Go to Top of Page

NoSUV
Advanced Member

1076 Posts

Posted - 07/23/2008 :  09:06:18  Show Profile
raymond - NOW you are finally getting it! My hybrid, at times, does NOT use gas at highway speeds!

If you honestly believe your posting, then you would be on a bus. Don't they have more seats than a car?

And yes, you should spend all of that money you've avoided spending on a commute for several years to buy that hybrid and save the world. It's the very least you can do. After all, what point is there in sending your kids to college if you leave them with a world that is less inhabitable - and caused by you and those like you?

I supppose you are also one of those people who figure that it's not a problem if you litter - after all, it's such a small amount that you personally do compared to the nearly 7 billion people, so what does it matter?

Pitiful, raymond. Pitiful
Go to Top of Page

portermg

9 Posts

Posted - 09/10/2008 :  10:05:03  Show Profile
NoSUV....who the heck do you think you are? Coming on here to simply bash the people who are trying to bring a nice, friendly way to commute in to work...rather than deal with the many headaches that the traffic creates.

Sure, you drive a hybrid...and I, for one, think that is great. I am all for consuming less fuel and using alternative power sources for transportation. In fact, I think that hybrid vehicles are some of the best things that have been produced in the past few years. However, I know there are MANY hybrid owners out there that still carpool/slug people into work.

Many of these individuals take the true meaning of "save the world" as you seem to continue to say, and continue to pick up commuters even in their hybrid vehicles. Hybrid vehicles do consume fuel, no matter how you want to put it...even as little as it may be, wouldn't that fuel be better "environmentally efficient" with 2 or 3 additional riders with you in your vehicle?

Simply put, see if you can keep up with this, by riding alone in your hybrid on the HOV lanes, you are simply putting more vehicles on the road than if you were to pick up 2 or 3 additional people. You seem to tell everyone here about how their SUVs and non-hybrid vehicles consume much more fuel than your own hybrid vehicle, which in fact IS true...I agree 100% with that. However, what you seem to fail to understand is that by riding alone in your hybrid, you are simply putting more people on the roads in their SUVs and non-hybrid vehicles...which in the end means that they are still consuming more and more fuel and doing more and more damage to the environment.

My point is this: You seem to criticize the individuals here on this site for not driving a hybrid...saying things like, "what point is there in sending your kids to college if you leave them with a world that is less inhabitable - and caused by you and those like you" and "Everytime you have that old, used nissan running you are making the environment far, far worse than if you instead were running a hybird." What you fail to understand is that by driving your hybrid as a SOV instead of picking up additional commuters, that you too are contributing to "a world that is less inhabitable."

By not picking other commuters up for simply a free, friendly commute to work, you in turn are making those individuals out there drive "that old, used nissan" that makes the environment so bad as you claim. By not utilizing the HOV lanes for what their purpose is intended for (Commuters/carpoolers), you are just giving people another excuse to drive their "Gas-guzzling SUVs"....

Do you comprehend any of this? Do you even care?

Edited by - portermg on 09/10/2008 10:08:17
Go to Top of Page

Jody
Advanced Member

347 Posts

Posted - 09/10/2008 :  12:18:16  Show Profile
Hi portermg. To answer your question to NoSUV - he/she doesn't care. NoSUV advocates that the only vehicles that should be allowed on the HOV lanes are hybrids and buses.

Just ignore NoSUV's rants. They are unprofessional and don't merit a cordial reply.

Happy Sluggin!
Go to Top of Page

portermg

9 Posts

Posted - 09/10/2008 :  14:45:30  Show Profile
Well my point is this... I know plenty of people who own a hybrid that still pick up slugs on their way to work everyday! Sometimes they'll pick up 3 if it is getting late! Just because they own a hybrid and can get on HOV does not mean that they should not pick up slugs... Oh well, at least some people do their part!

Also, I plan to buy a hybrid here pretty soon, and believe me when I do...I will STILL pick up slugs!

Edited by - portermg on 09/11/2008 11:58:38
Go to Top of Page

scottt

415 Posts

Posted - 09/15/2008 :  06:15:42  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by portermg

Well my point is this... I know plenty of people who own a hybrid that still pick up slugs on their way to work everyday! Sometimes they'll pick up 3 if it is getting late! Just because they own a hybrid and can get on HOV does not mean that they should not pick up slugs... Oh well, at least some people do their part!

Also, I plan to buy a hybrid here pretty soon, and believe me when I do...I will STILL pick up slugs!

Curious. Why are you buying a hybrid?
Go to Top of Page

portermg

9 Posts

Posted - 09/16/2008 :  12:13:23  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by scottt

quote:

Basically, because I do a LOT of driving and a hybrid would be more economic in the long run for me.
Go to Top of Page

scottt

415 Posts

Posted - 09/17/2008 :  06:02:56  Show Profile
quote:

quote:
Originally posted by scottt

quote:

Basically, because I do a LOT of driving and a hybrid would be more economic in the long run for me.

Which model do you plan to get? How long do you plan on keeping it?
Go to Top of Page

Flyinlow
Starting Member

3 Posts

Posted - 09/17/2008 :  14:16:04  Show Profile
Hey nosuv

It appears that most people on this site want to improve the daily commute. However there is always one jerk in the pile (YOU) that has to condemn anything positive. Well here is how I handle you special little men and women: 1. If you are not matching the flow of traffic, I will put the bumper of my SUV right in your rear view mirror and keep it their until you speed-up or move. 2. (and this is the best part) You move you little car over and shake your fist and give nasty looks as we two or three riders enjoy P%&&ing you off. 3. After all you are the special people.

Have a nice day!!
Go to Top of Page

NoSUV
Advanced Member

1076 Posts

Posted - 09/18/2008 :  10:08:54  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by Flyinlow

Hey nosuv

It appears that most people on this site want to improve the daily commute. However there is always one jerk in the pile (YOU) that has to condemn anything positive. Well here is how I handle you special little men and women: 1. If you are not matching the flow of traffic, I will put the bumper of my SUV right in your rear view mirror and keep it their until you speed-up or move. 2. (and this is the best part) You move you little car over and shake your fist and give nasty looks as we two or three riders enjoy P%&&ing you off. 3. After all you are the special people.

Have a nice day!!

No wonder there are far more accidents caused by SUVs than hybrids. Must be the entitlement thing.

Usually, when tailgated, I do as AAA recommends - slow down to allow more than adequate stopping distance in front. Of course, the instant that I'm no longer being tailgated, it makes sense to speed back up since the tailgating problem no longer exists. Which means that your STUPID tactic tends to fail with me - unless you cause an accident, which means that neither you nor your slugs will have a timely commute.

You idiot.
Go to Top of Page

Flyinlow
Starting Member

3 Posts

Posted - 09/18/2008 :  10:36:24  Show Profile
Hey NoSUV

I think your problem is MOM did not give you ample nipple time!! Is that why you are a self-centered jerk. You are the kid in school that everyone picked on aren't you. Just think if I were to hit you with my suv, it is twice the weight of your hybrid, who do you think wins. DA

Good Times
Go to Top of Page

NoSUV
Advanced Member

1076 Posts

Posted - 09/18/2008 :  13:45:10  Show Profile
quote:

Hey NoSUV

I think your problem is MOM did not give you ample nipple time!! Is that why you are a self-centered jerk. You are the kid in school that everyone picked on aren't you. Just think if I were to hit you with my suv, it is twice the weight of your hybrid, who do you think wins. DA

Good Times

Seems to me that you are the one who has to compensate for childhood problems. I'm shocked that you don't have a hummer.

I get the feeling that you have no concern for anything or anybody but yourself. I feel sorry if you have children since you are likely teaching them also to be self-centered bullies. Perhaps, though, they might not get your stupidity genes and might realize that there are better ways = like driving safely, doing right by the environment, and working on conserving limited resources.
Go to Top of Page

Flyinlow
Starting Member

3 Posts

Posted - 10/08/2008 :  11:59:43  Show Profile
As usual you are on the attack and you call other people Bullies!! As for my kids one graduated from the USAF Academe this past May, and the other is in the USCGA his first year. So what about your kids SELF CENTERED JERKS like the old man?? You are the one that tries to elevate yourself above everyone else and that is what AH like you do!! You don't care about anything but getting up and down 95 in your special little car by yourself because you probably can't handle conversation with real people in person. GROW UP

Go to Top of Page

scottt

415 Posts

Posted - 10/13/2008 :  09:56:14  Show Profile
quote:

As usual you are on the attack and you call other people Bullies!! As for my kids one graduated from the USAF Academe this past May, and the other is in the USCGA his first year. So what about your kids SELF CENTERED JERKS like the old man?? You are the one that tries to elevate yourself above everyone else and that is what AH like you do!! You don't care about anything but getting up and down 95 in your special little car by yourself because you probably can't handle conversation with real people in person. GROW UP

Beginning to wonder if the troll is poking himself.
Go to Top of Page

NoSUV
Advanced Member

1076 Posts

Posted - 10/13/2008 :  13:55:51  Show Profile
quote:

Actually, you were and still are "on the attack." YOU were the one promoting unsafe driving practices - and you are driving the 2nd worse possible vehicle for commuting, a SUV. Just because your kids may or may not have gotten into an academy by no means is an indication of whether or not you have polluted their minds the same way you pollute the environment. And, if you could just learn to read, you could see that I don't commute on 95.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 10 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Slug-Lines.com Message Board © 2000 - 2017 Forel Publishing Company Go To Top Of Page