Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > General Slugging Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

EEO and HOV

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 10>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Dhacim View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dhacim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2004 at 3:45pm
You're right....I am....Thanks for the banter....
Uhura View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Uhura Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2004 at 2:33pm
quote:
Originally posted by Dhacim
[br]As per Newton's third law "For every action, there is an equal or greater reaction." So I would contend that it is YOU...my friend, who are wasting precious moments of all our lives.

As for taking responsibility of my own intellect....well, we'll see about that.

"Some people dream of success every day, others wake up and work hard at it."

Live Long and Prosper

You are giving me WAY more power than I deserve. A person can only waste your time if YOU allow it.

Live Long and Prosper
Dhacim View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dhacim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2004 at 1:45pm
As per Newton's third law "For every action, there is an equal or greater reaction." So I would contend that it is YOU...my friend, who are wasting precious moments of all our lives.

As for taking responsibility of my own intellect....well, we'll see about that.

"Some people dream of success every day, others wake up and work hard at it."

Live Long and Prosper
Uhura View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Uhura Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2004 at 1:27pm
quote:
[br]Uhura,

Thank You, you have made us all just a little dumber....

Come on now-take responsibility for your own intellect...[:0]

Live Long and Prosper
Dhacim View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dhacim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2004 at 1:14pm
Uhura,

Thank You, you have made us all just a little dumber....
Uhura View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Uhura Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2004 at 1:57pm
The End.

Live Long and Prosper
glacier View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote glacier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2004 at 5:08pm
Shhhhhh, can you here it? It's a whisper speaking words of wisdom. It's saying: let it go............

Cheers,

Glacier
Uhura View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Uhura Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2004 at 2:51pm
quote:
Originally posted by mfassler
[br]Uhura--Ronin718 gets right to the heart of it. Just as people are described as man/woman, what's wrong with white/black/hispanic, etc... Since you're in the car for the length of time, not outside it, you may not notice the make/model/color/license plate of the vehicle, but are more likely to describe the person. What is wrong with describing what a person looks like? It's NOT derogatory, just descriptive. Why is that a problem for you? Is it not okay to say what gender the person is either? Or their hair color or their body-build? Why so sensative about describing people to others?

quote:
Originally posted by ronin718
[br]As was previously mentioned, it's merely descriptive, just like every other information-related entity (i.e. police, medical, government, etc.).

Besides, the white/black/hispanic/middle eastern/oriental/Pacific Islander man/woman/homo sapien driving the
white/black/blue/silver/tan/teal/red/yellow/gold/purple/green
Chevy/Ford/Dodge/Chrysler/Pontiac/Buick/Oldsmobile/GM/Lincoln/Mercury/Cadillac/Toyota/Nissan/Honda/Subaru/Lexus/Infinity/
Acura/Kia/Hyundai/Datsun/Yugo/AMC/Mercedes/BMW/Audi/Porsche/Volvo/Saab/Fiat still can't drive worth beans and shouldn't be allowed out of the house. Did I miss anyone?

(I must give credit to this line of thought to my carpool partner, who happens to be even less PC than I am. [:D] )

I am not sure what you mean by "sensitive."

I noticed something and posted a question-plain and simple.

In my mind the "sensitive" people were the ones that came into this thread with their emotional rsponses about the issue.

Live Long and Prosper
Uhura View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Uhura Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2004 at 2:48pm
quote:
Originally posted by ronin718
[br]As was previously mentioned, it's merely descriptive, just like every other information-related entity (i.e. police, medical, government, etc.).

Besides, the white/black/hispanic/middle eastern/oriental/Pacific Islander man/woman/homo sapien driving the
white/black/blue/silver/tan/teal/red/yellow/gold/purple/green
Chevy/Ford/Dodge/Chrysler/Pontiac/Buick/Oldsmobile/GM/Lincoln/Mercury/Cadillac/Toyota/Nissan/Honda/Subaru/Lexus/Infinity/
Acura/Kia/Hyundai/Datsun/Yugo/AMC/Mercedes/BMW/Audi/Porsche/Volvo/Saab/Fiat still can't drive worth beans and shouldn't be allowed out of the house. Did I miss anyone?

(I must give credit to this line of thought to my carpool partner, who happens to be even less PC than I am. [:D] )

Great post!

Live Long and Prosper
tlschau View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tlschau Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2004 at 11:39am
quote:
[br]Now this is just getting stupid.....

Maybe so, but it sure is entertaining.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 10>
  Share Topic