Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > General Slugging Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

EEO and HOV

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 10>
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slugbug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2004 at 12:27pm
THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!!!! [;)]

quote:
Originally posted by mirangus
[br]
quote:
Originally posted by Uhura
[br]
quote:
Originally posted by aceofspade
[br]I'm always described as "the redhead" as if I have no other qualities. Annoying, yes, but it's human nature to attach a descriptor to someone.

I also notice people tend to say "girl" and some get offended at that, too.

We're all just trying to get to work.

I agree that it is human nature to add a descriptor.

Live Long and Prosper

OK, here we go.

So now, just because people are trying to describe a particular person who displays poor slug/driver behaviors, so that others may avoid having to go through certain aggravations on their morning/afternoon commute, we're all bigots!?!?!?! I consider myself to be an intelligent and intuitive person and I cannot say that I have seen any instance where race was mentioned in any other way than to be a physical descriptor. There were no personal vendettas, political agendas, conspiracy theories, or, dare I say, prejudices on anyone's part. Get over yourself. The slug community is NOT out to get the black community, the hispanic community, the white community, or the purple-polka-dotted-two-headed community. We're all the same community!!!

Secondly, if a whole bunch of people feel that you are "reading too deeply" or "being too sensative," it probably means that you're reading too deeply or being too sensative. Not that you're "right on target" with anything. This is a slugging forum, not a social activists' forum. Perhaps if you don't like how things are being described, YOU should be the one to read another thread. There's people of all races reading this board an so far, you're the only one to whip out the bigot card. Now, you have personally offended me and many others who read this forum. Now we will feel uncomfortable when we want to describe negative events in slugging because we'll have to think twice about describing someone. Hmmm, can't say blonde, might offend the fair-haired folks. Can't say short! Might offend the vertically challenged!!

Oh, and I'd like to go ahead and answer a question you posed in your first post on this assanine subject. You asked, "Do non-Black slugs actually think twice before getting into a Black person's car?" The answer is no, except in the case where there is a car sitting up front with a sign in it that says "Black People Only." Then, yes, non-black folks will not enter that vehicle. Feel free to search the forum for my post on that topic a while back.

Here's a theory for you. See if you can pick this one apart. In my experience, I've found that the people who are quickest to point the bigot finger are those that should be pointing at themselves.

If you want to discuss controversial topics, go find out who killed JFK. Or better yet, I can direct you to a few good UFO websites and you can conspire and theorize to your heart's content.

Leave your biases and predispositions off this forum please. They are completely inappropriate here, since, if not for any other reason, they don't pertain to slugging in the least bit!!

slugguru View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slugguru Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2004 at 12:30pm
I second that...............
quote:
Originally posted by slugbug
[br]THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!!!! [;)]

quote:
[br]
quote:
[br]
quote:
[br]I'm always described as "the redhead" as if I have no other qualities. Annoying, yes, but it's human nature to attach a descriptor to someone.

Live Long and Prosper

OK, here we go.

So now, just because people are trying to describe a particular person who displays poor slug/driver behaviors, so that others may avoid having to go through certain aggravations on their morning/afternoon commute, we're all bigots!?!?!?! I consider myself to be an intelligent and intuitive person and I cannot say that I have seen any instance where race was mentioned in any other way than to be a physical descriptor. There were no personal vendettas, political agendas, conspiracy theories, or, dare I say, prejudices on anyone's part. Get over yourself. The slug community is NOT out to get the black community, the hispanic community, the white community, or the purple-polka-dotted-two-headed community. We're all the same community!!!

Secondly, if a whole bunch of people feel that you are "reading too deeply" or "being too sensative," it probably means that you're reading too deeply or being too sensative. Not that you're "right on target" with anything. This is a slugging forum, not a social activists' forum. Perhaps if you don't like how things are being described, YOU should be the one to read another thread. There's people of all races reading this board an so far, you're the only one to whip out the bigot card. Now, you have personally offended me and many others who read this forum. Now we will feel uncomfortable when we want to describe negative events in slugging because we'll have to think twice about describing someone. Hmmm, can't say blonde, might offend the fair-haired folks. Can't say short! Might offend the vertically challenged!!

Oh, and I'd like to go ahead and answer a question you posed in your first post on this assanine subject. You asked, "Do non-Black slugs actually think twice before getting into a Black person's car?" The answer is no, except in the case where there is a car sitting up front with a sign in it that says "Black People Only." Then, yes, non-black folks will not enter that vehicle. Feel free to search the forum for my post on that topic a while back.

Here's a theory for you. See if you can pick this one apart. In my experience, I've found that the people who are quickest to point the bigot finger are those that should be pointing at themselves.

If you want to discuss controversial topics, go find out who killed JFK. Or better yet, I can direct you to a few good UFO websites and you can conspire and theorize to your heart's content.

Leave your biases and predispositions off this forum please. They are completely inappropriate here, since, if not for any other reason, they don't pertain to slugging in the least bit!!

emancilla View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote emancilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2004 at 12:32pm
Well put! Mirangus.
ronin718 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ronin718 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2004 at 12:43pm
Mirangus... A little harsher than I would've put it unless I was feeling really cranky, but you pretty well hit the nail on the head. Like I told my carpool partner yesterday, this would likely end up as a "lively" discussion.
Dhacim View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dhacim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2004 at 12:59pm
"Oh well...like I said older white Chevrolet Suburban. 30+ tall white guy, baseball cap, and baseball bat in the backseat. Beware!"

The above quote was taken from the "Do not ride list" thread....It's not just non-whites knucklehead....
USA View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote USA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2004 at 1:21pm
Great post.

quote:
[br]
quote:
[br]
quote:

Live Long and Prosper

OK, here we go.

Uhura View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Uhura Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2004 at 2:51pm
quote:
[br]
quote:
[br]
quote:

Live Long and Prosper

OK, here we go.

Wow-thanks for your opinion.

Another question: If this topic is so assinine, why all the attention and why does it take several of you to attack me for asking my question?

BTW-Just because a whole bunch of people agree on something does not make it right. Consider some of the more horrific things that have happened to certain groups of people here in the US and abroad because of a "mob mentality" because no one had the balls to say "Why?"...

I posed a question-This discussion did not have to get hostile.

Live Long and Prosper
slugbug View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slugbug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2004 at 2:56pm
THIS should've NEVER been a DISCUSSION!!~!!!!! [:(!]
Uhura View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Uhura Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2004 at 2:57pm
quote:
Originally posted by slugbug
[br]THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!!!! [;)]

quote:
[br]
quote:
[br]
quote:

Live Long and Prosper

OK, here we go.

I think you're the one that may need a walk to cool off. Your reponses seem highly emotional. Please calm down.

Since you are not the administrator of this board I will ignore your instructions about what to leave off the forum.

Again, if you don't like my question and this topic is so assinine, why are you (and others) posting so many replies and why are you (and the others) investing so much energy?

Live Long and Prosper
vabigblue View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vabigblue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2004 at 3:47pm
Please Uhura, you brought this issue to the board. This is a slug sight, not some place to voice your opinion about race. All these responses are right about your post. We only deal with traffic and slugging issues. I'm responding because I enjoy reading, posting and responding and don't need people on this site to become apprehensive about what they write. As long as it's not offensive. Identifying a driver on the "do-not-ride" list as a "black lady" is not offensive in my opinion and I'm a Black and partly Dominican. As the other posts allude, get a grip and stop sounding like the lady who's described on the list. Thanks
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 10>
  Share Topic