Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > General Slugging Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

EEO and HOV

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 10>
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote USA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2004 at 4:26pm
Uhura's latest posts solidify my opinion of Uhura because they do not respond to mirangus and slugbug.
Uhura View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Uhura Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2004 at 3:07pm
quote:
Originally posted by USA
[br]Uhura's latest posts solidify my opinion of Uhura because they do not respond to mirangus and slugbug.

Please elaborate if you care to, but keep in mind that your opinion whether "solidified" or "liquified" has no effect on mine.

As for the rest of you, if your answer is that the disclosure of race / ethnicity is merely descriptive then say that & leave it at that.

BE ADVISED: You can't cyber bully someone into NOT asking a question-no matter how many of you jump onto the bandwagon.

Live Long and Prosper
Uhura View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Uhura Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2004 at 3:13pm
quote:
Originally posted by vabigblue
[br]Please Uhura, you brought this issue to the board. This is a slug sight, not some place to voice your opinion about race. All these responses are right about your post. We only deal with traffic and slugging issues. I'm responding because I enjoy reading, posting and responding and don't need people on this site to become apprehensive about what they write. As long as it's not offensive. Identifying a driver on the "do-not-ride" list as a "black lady" is not offensive in my opinion and I'm a Black and partly Dominican. As the other posts allude, get a grip and stop sounding like the lady who's described on the list. Thanks

Here's another person who feels that because they are "part Black" they will be able to "convince" me that my question should not have been posed.

(Sigh)As I told the other person who was Black or part Black-Your opinion will not carry any more (or any less) weight because of your race. I am not sure why you (and that other individual) felt compelled to disclose the information.

Live Long and Prosper
tdar20 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tdar20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2004 at 7:55am
Damn, give it a rest!
emancilla View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote emancilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2004 at 8:53am
quote:
Originally posted by slugbug
[br]ME THINKS....Lets not give Uhura the ENERGY on this topic.[xx(]

quote:
Originally posted by USA
[br]Methinks there is a troll among us.

Please take Slugbug's advise.
aceofspade View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aceofspade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2004 at 9:26am
Just wondering...are you offended if someone is described as "male" or "female" too?
mirangus View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mirangus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2004 at 10:13am
Yes, Uhura, I tend to get emotional when I'm indirectly "labeled" a bigot. I'm wondering why I wasted all that time responding to you, too. I usually don't squander my time on such doltish issues.

Well, it seems that you are not posting for the good of slugging, but to create a stir on some self-motivated social agenda. And you're absolutely right, we can't cyber bully you, but we sure can cyber ignore you!! Which is what I plan to do. I encourage others to do the same. Preach to your heart's content...it'll be to an empty choir!!
Dhacim View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dhacim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2004 at 10:30am
One question, then I am done with this as well....

Uhura, you have all types of snappy responses for people that seem to provide rebuttals to your opinion. Yet you had no reponse for my post that clearly illustrated that it wasn't simply non-whites that were "racially profiled" (Please see the last post on page 1).

I'm clearly not offended by that....Why should you be??

And I'm out.......
USA View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote USA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2004 at 11:31am
quote:
Originally posted by Dhacim
Uhura, you have all types of snappy responses for people that seem to provide rebuttals to your opinion. Yet you had no reponse for my post that clearly illustrated that it wasn't simply non-whites that were "racially profiled" (Please see the last post on page 1).

This is why I called Uhura a troll--failure to respond to substantive posts other than simply to say things along the lines of "my opinion is right" (see Uhura's post from 4 June 2004 at 14:51) is classic troll behavior.

To hell with this thread. I will continue to read it for amusement purposes, but I don't plan on wasting my time with further responses.
Uhura View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Uhura Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2004 at 1:04pm
quote:
Originally posted by Dhacim
[br]One question, then I am done with this as well....

I'm clearly not offended by that....Why should you be??

And I'm out.......

The answer to your question is simple: Honestly, I did not reply to you because you called me a "knucklehead." I tend not to respond to people who call me names.

People usually resort to name calling and profanity when they feel that they are losing an argument or when they feel "cornered."

The fact remains that people don't usually mention the race of a "perpetrator" when said perpetrator is White; however, they must throw it in if the perpetrator is other than White--even when it is uncessary because there's plenty of identifying info...This applies to more than a few of the posts on this board.

It's just an observation-please get over it.

Live Long and Prosper
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 10>
  Share Topic