Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > General Slugging Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

EEO and HOV

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 10>
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Uhura Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2004 at 1:05pm
quote:
Originally posted by USA
[br]
quote:
Originally posted by Dhacim
Uhura, you have all types of snappy responses for people that seem to provide rebuttals to your opinion. Yet you had no reponse for my post that clearly illustrated that it wasn't simply non-whites that were "racially profiled" (Please see the last post on page 1).

This is why I called Uhura a troll--failure to respond to substantive posts other than simply to say things along the lines of "my opinion is right" (see Uhura's post from 4 June 2004 at 14:51) is classic troll behavior.

To hell with this thread. I will continue to read it for amusement purposes, but I don't plan on wasting my time with further responses.

Come on now--His post was FAR from substanive.

If it makes you feel better to think of me as a "troll" then so be it.

Live Long and Prosper
Uhura View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Uhura Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2004 at 1:06pm
quote:
Originally posted by emancilla
[br]
quote:
Originally posted by slugbug
[br]ME THINKS....Lets not give Uhura the ENERGY on this topic.[xx(]

quote:
Originally posted by USA
[br]Methinks there is a troll among us.

Please take Slugbug's advise.

Please take an english class. The word is A D V I C E....

Live Long and Prosper
Uhura View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Uhura Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2004 at 1:12pm
quote:
Originally posted by aceofspade
[br]Just wondering...are you offended if someone is described as "male" or "female" too?

Interesting question. I'll give you an example:

There's a web site displaying pictures of US Armed Forces personnel in Iraq performing various tasks. All of the captions say "A Marine abc" and "A Marine xyz"--There's is one caption that says "This FEMALE Marine abc."

Clearly there must be a meaningful difference in the web master's mind if that webmaster felt that all of the other Marines were "Marines" but this particular Marine had to be a "FEMALE Marine."

It reminded me of a time where a caption saying "This BLACK Marine abc" would have been acceptable.

Live Long and Prosper
Dhacim View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dhacim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2004 at 1:44pm
Uhura....Ok, but you still have provided no response to the quote that I placed as the second to last post on the first page where an individual was identified as being white.....I wasn't offended by it.

This whole thread started because you stated "non-whites" were being identified....Basically what I'm saying is you have made a big deal out of nothing.
ScarletLSG View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ScarletLSG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2004 at 2:01pm
As a former FEMALE Marine ... I can say with ease that I could CARE LESS if I'm referred to as Female AND Marine. In my opinion, there's NOTHING derogatory in being called what you are. White Man/Black Man/White Woman/Black Woman/White Marine/Black Marine.

It is intended to BE what it is ... descriptive and nothing else. If I heard Dumb Female Marine ... I wouldn't react to the female Marine part ... but the DUMB, that would tick me off ... unless I truly WAS dumb and didn't recognize it to be derogatory.

ScarletLSG

quote:
Originally posted by Uhura
[br]
quote:
[br]Just wondering...are you offended if someone is described as "male" or "female" too?

There's a web site displaying pictures of US Armed Forces personnel in Iraq performing various tasks. All of the captions say "A Marine abc" and "A Marine xyz"--There's is one caption that says "This FEMALE Marine abc."

Clearly there must be a meaningful difference in the web master's mind if that webmaster felt that all of the other Marines were "Marines" but this particular Marine had to be a "FEMALE Marine."

It reminded me of a time where a caption saying "This BLACK Marine abc" would have been acceptable.

Live Long and Prosper

emancilla View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote emancilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2004 at 2:55pm
As I said before, take Slugbug's advise...oh, I'm sorry, the word is A D V I C E.
Uhura View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Uhura Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2004 at 8:30pm
quote:
Originally posted by Dhacim
[br]Uhura....Ok, but you still have provided no response to the quote that I placed as the second to last post on the first page where an individual was identified as being white.....I wasn't offended by it.

This whole thread started because you stated "non-whites" were being identified....Basically what I'm saying is you have made a big deal out of nothing.

You were not offended by it? OK.

Each of us are a result of our experiences-both pleasant and unpleasant. That's why we see the world through different eyes.

Things that offend a Black female may not offend a White male and vice versa. Then again, two Black females or two White males may not see eye to eye on the same issue.

I hope that helps.

I had no intention of taking this where all the bandwagoneers have.

This discussion did not have to turn hostile but it did. If people REALLY thought that my question had no merit, why have so many of them responded? Stop & think why that could be...

Live Long and Prosper
Uhura View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Uhura Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2004 at 8:35pm
quote:
Originally posted by RoadRunner
[br]
quote:
Originally posted by emancilla
Please take Slugbug's advise.

Please take an english class. The word is A D V I C E....

You BOTH need to take an [E]nglish class--your spelling and her grammar are atrocious.

My grammar is fine. Is that the only error found? How S A D.

Live Long and Prosper
Uhura View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Uhura Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2004 at 8:36pm
quote:
Originally posted by ScarletLSG
[br]As a former FEMALE Marine ... I can say with ease that I could CARE LESS if I'm referred to as Female AND Marine. In my opinion, there's NOTHING derogatory in being called what you are. White Man/Black Man/White Woman/Black Woman/White Marine/Black Marine.

It is intended to BE what it is ... descriptive and nothing else. If I heard Dumb Female Marine ... I wouldn't react to the female Marine part ... but the DUMB, that would tick me off ... unless I truly WAS dumb and didn't recognize it to be derogatory.

ScarletLSG

quote:
Originally posted by Uhura
[br]
quote:

Live Long and Prosper

Thanks for your opinion.

Live Long and Prosper
Dhacim View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dhacim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2004 at 10:32am
Now this is just getting stupid.....
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 10>
  Share Topic