Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > General Slugging Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

EEO and HOV

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 10>
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PSMITH4780 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2004 at 10:46am
We need to stop fueling the fire.......
ronin718 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ronin718 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2004 at 11:30am
As was previously mentioned, it's merely descriptive, just like every other information-related entity (i.e. police, medical, government, etc.).

Besides, the white/black/hispanic/middle eastern/oriental/Pacific Islander man/woman/homo sapien driving the
white/black/blue/silver/tan/teal/red/yellow/gold/purple/green
Chevy/Ford/Dodge/Chrysler/Pontiac/Buick/Oldsmobile/GM/Lincoln/Mercury/Cadillac/Toyota/Nissan/Honda/Subaru/Lexus/Infinity/
Acura/Kia/Hyundai/Datsun/Yugo/AMC/Mercedes/BMW/Audi/Porsche/Volvo/Saab/Fiat still can't drive worth beans and shouldn't be allowed out of the house. Did I miss anyone?

(I must give credit to this line of thought to my carpool partner, who happens to be even less PC than I am. [:D] )
DC2RV View Drop Down
Master Slug
Master Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DC2RV Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2004 at 12:27pm
Perhaps it's time to apply the no talking (writing) rule to this thread...
PSMITH4780 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PSMITH4780 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2004 at 12:28pm
quote:
Originally posted by DC2RV
[br]Perhaps it's time to apply the no talking (writing) rule to this thread...

Amen!
ronin718 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ronin718 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2004 at 12:29pm
Works for me...
mfassler View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mfassler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2004 at 4:25pm
Uhura--Ronin718 gets right to the heart of it. Just as people are described as man/woman, what's wrong with white/black/hispanic, etc... Since you're in the car for the length of time, not outside it, you may not notice the make/model/color/license plate of the vehicle, but are more likely to describe the person. What is wrong with describing what a person looks like? It's NOT derogatory, just descriptive. Why is that a problem for you? Is it not okay to say what gender the person is either? Or their hair color or their body-build? Why so sensative about describing people to others?

quote:
Originally posted by ronin718
[br]As was previously mentioned, it's merely descriptive, just like every other information-related entity (i.e. police, medical, government, etc.).

Besides, the white/black/hispanic/middle eastern/oriental/Pacific Islander man/woman/homo sapien driving the
white/black/blue/silver/tan/teal/red/yellow/gold/purple/green
Chevy/Ford/Dodge/Chrysler/Pontiac/Buick/Oldsmobile/GM/Lincoln/Mercury/Cadillac/Toyota/Nissan/Honda/Subaru/Lexus/Infinity/
Acura/Kia/Hyundai/Datsun/Yugo/AMC/Mercedes/BMW/Audi/Porsche/Volvo/Saab/Fiat still can't drive worth beans and shouldn't be allowed out of the house. Did I miss anyone?

(I must give credit to this line of thought to my carpool partner, who happens to be even less PC than I am. [:D] )

emancilla View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote emancilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2004 at 4:58pm
quote:
[br]Works for me...

"I've noticed the same thing about useless comments. I've noticed a couple users particularly guilty of said actions (like the comment "hmmmmm"). Maybe they're trying to run up their post count so they can get more stars by their name."

Ronin718, this was a comment that you posted not long ago. I don't mind your "works for me..." reply. We're free to write what we feel at a particular moment as long as we respect others' opinions. However, I'm wondering why you've noticed "useless" comments from others when you're posting a "works for me." According to your standars, it doesn't add much either. I don't see the difference from one to another. Just for the record, I posted one of the "hmmmmm" comments.
ronin718 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ronin718 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2004 at 10:18am
quote:
Originally posted by emancilla
[br]
quote:
[br]Works for me...

"I've noticed the same thing about useless comments. I've noticed a couple users particularly guilty of said actions (like the comment "hmmmmm"). Maybe they're trying to run up their post count so they can get more stars by their name."

Ronin718, this was a comment that you posted not long ago. I don't mind your "works for me..." reply. We're free to write what we feel at a particular moment as long as we respect others' opinions. However, I'm wondering why you've noticed "useless" comments from others when you're posting a "works for me." According to your standars, it doesn't add much either. I don't see the difference from one to another. Just for the record, I posted one of the "hmmmmm" comments.

I'm not interested in the proverbial "p***ing contest", but let's do a percentage ratio. I've got one "hmmmmm"-type, non-contributable comment in 60 posts. That equates to less than 2% of my quotes. By comparison, of 209 posts in just over three pages of topics you've posted in (based on the query allowed by this forum's software), you have 57 by my count, for a 27% ratio. Now, my count is my opinion, but I feel I was lenient in determining the value of your contribution to the topic, so that number could be higher. Others may be more or less generous, depending on their point of view. However, comments such as "I don't know. Anyone?" and "Exactly!" certainly fail to contribute, not to mention the several "." posts.

I didn't name names, yet you called me out. You've had your comment, I've refuted with stats. I will say that you've improved the quality of your posts since your early days. I'll leave it to you, Admin, or the consensus of our fellow forum members to determine how far this goes.
glacier View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote glacier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2004 at 10:20am
Just when you thought this thread had died..........
ronin718 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ronin718 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2004 at 10:25am
Isn't it so much fun when we can take potshots at each other instead of discussing the real issues? [:p] I guess that's why these forums are so popular, because we can freely express our opinions in a non-attributable manner.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 10>
  Share Topic