Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > General Slugging Topics
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Security Alert for Fredericksburg - Pentagon Slugs
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Security Alert for Fredericksburg - Pentagon Slugs

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Admin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2004 at 9:55pm
Okay everyone. Let's put this one to bed. I was just trying to keep everyone aware of potential threats but I'll be careful not to post too much information...
MoodyGirl View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MoodyGirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2004 at 7:53am
This is a paragraph from Secretary Ridge's press conference this weekend. Please note the last two sentences.

Since September 11th, 2001, leaders of our commercial financial institutions have demonstrated exceptional leadership in improving its security. However, in light of new intelligence information, we have made the decision to raise the threat level for this sector, in these communities, to bring protective resources to their highest capacity. This will allow us to increase protection in and around those buildings that require it and also raise awareness for employees, residents, customers and visitors. We know from experience that increased physical protection and added vigilance from citizens can thwart a terrorist attack. And that is our goal.

dkerley View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dkerley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2004 at 2:31pm
quote:
Originally posted by MoodyGirl
[br]This is a paragraph from Secretary Ridge's press conference this weekend. Please note the last two sentences.

Since September 11th, 2001, leaders of our commercial financial institutions have demonstrated exceptional leadership in improving its security. However, in light of new intelligence information, we have made the decision to raise the threat level for this sector, in these communities, to bring protective resources to their highest capacity. This will allow us to increase protection in and around those buildings that require it and also raise awareness for employees, residents, customers and visitors. We know from experience that increased physical protection and added vigilance from citizens can thwart a terrorist attack. And that is our goal.

Thanks for passing this information along, Admnin! And Moodygirl, I couldn't agree with you more.[;)]

Dina
starry1 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote starry1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2004 at 3:55pm
Thank you for reporting this. I had a similar experience before I stopped slugging to/from the Pentagon about 2.5 years ago. In February of 2002 I rode with a middle eastern man twice from Tackett's to the Pentagon. The first time I rode with him he seemed very nervous and was overly friendly in compensation, but otherwise harmless.

The second time I rode with him (which happened to be in the same week) he deliberately singled me out of the slugg line for a ride. About halfway to the Pentagon he asked me how did I like working at the Pentagon and how long I had been there. When I informed him I did not work at the Pentagon, I merely took the Metro from that location and the second slugg reported the same thing he became very irate and grabbed his cell phone and made a call to someone he spent a good 10 minutes "cussing" at in Arabic. Instead of taking us into the Pentagon area, he asked us to get out at the bottom of the ramp.

I ran over to the soldier who was stationed under the bridge and pointed out the car to him, while the guy who rode with me made a note of the driver's tags. We both spent about 45 minutes reporting what happened to an officer (Marine I think), but I never heard anything after that. Fortunately, I got a new job shortly after that and started slugging from Old Hechinger down 14th. It was a very scary experience, and I'm sorry that I never thought to share it here, but we did out best to report it.

"I started out with nothing and I still have most of it."
GeeseAreGood View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GeeseAreGood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2004 at 3:02pm
Lets be careful with all middle easterners. They could be bad.
glacier View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote glacier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2004 at 9:09am
They sure are, I never trust anyone from the mid-atlantic region.

Cheers,

Glacier
Stuck2 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stuck2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2004 at 9:16am
That's not fair to the middle easterners who have immigrated here for other reasons (my great uncle was one of them - Lebanese). Let's just say let's not trust people who get to nosy about your job, etc. Remember Oklahoma was done by two white guys.
glacier View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote glacier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2004 at 10:08am
That would be two European- Americans

Cheers,

Glacier
Stuck2 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stuck2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2004 at 10:27am
quote:
Originally posted by glacier
[br]That would be two European- Americans

Cheers,

Glacier

It doesn't matter where they came from originally, they were American and they were of caucasian descent. To classify one group of people as being potentially "bad" is wrong and a lot of other things.

It's just sensible to keep personal details to yourself. And if you by chance run into someone like the person that prompted this warning, mum's the word and inform the proper authorities ASAP.
glacier View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote glacier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2004 at 11:02am
You mean I shouldn't disparage those of mid-atlantic region descent?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic