Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > General Slugging Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Try Potomac Mills if Horner Rd is full

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 9>
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slugbug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2004 at 4:54pm
ONLY ONE COMMENT.....THIS MORNING (WEDNESDAY SEPT 15TH) WAS HORRIBLE!!!!!!!![V]
P8R10TZ View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote P8R10TZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2004 at 9:46pm
quote:
Originally posted by slugbug
[br]ONLY ONE COMMENT.....THIS MORNING (WEDNESDAY SEPT 15TH) WAS HORRIBLE!!!!!!!![V]

Ummmmmm, where?
koakui View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote koakui Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2004 at 9:15am
This morning I tried Potomac as suggested. Everything went very smooth, no fighting for a spot - I just pulled into one and parked, walked over to the line and proceeded to catch a ride and on to work. There is a need for more drivers for the 14th Street line over there. And - Hopefully drivers will take us back to Potomac in the evening!

Cruisin in HOV
fed up View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fed up Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2004 at 1:27am
A major consideration to all those individuals who park illegally at the Horner Road lot: What would happen if an emergency vehicle needed to access the lot but couldn't do so because you have parked illegally. I have been informed by the County Police that the emergency vehicles will get in NO MATTER WHAT and the owners of those illegally parked cars may not be happy with the condition of their vehicle upon their return. Granted it is very seldom that these vehicles need to access the lot, but the first time that it happens . . .

The lot at Hechingers is pretty empty now as well. I think the I-95 traffic constantly backing up south of Dale City in the morning is causing more slug riders to divert to Horner Road.
WBSlug7 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WBSlug7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2004 at 8:07am
I began slugging at 7 AM instead of 8 AM to avoid the Horner havoc but still find it difficult in both AM and PM, so I've decided to use Potomac permanently. Instead of a car-line, there's an actual slug-line, and we get picked up quickly. Even though it is a bit farther than Horner to my house, I still save 5+ minutes driving time since there's no traffic.

Use Potomac Mills and skip the mess at Horner. There's no traffic and just as easy to use.

Uhura View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Uhura Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2004 at 8:16am
quote:
Originally posted by WBSlug7
[br]I began slugging at 7 AM instead of 8 AM to avoid the Horner havoc but still find it difficult in both AM and PM, so I've decided to use Potomac permanently. Instead of a car-line, there's an actual slug-line, and we get picked up quickly. Even though it is a bit farther than Horner to my house, I still save 5+ minutes driving time since there's no traffic.

Use Potomac Mills and skip the mess at Horner. There's no traffic and just as easy to use.

I would use PM if it weren't for the problem of getting a ride home. Going back to Woodbridge from Crystal City, there are plenty of Horner Road cars but very few Potomac Mills cars...

Live Long and Prosper
koakui View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote koakui Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2004 at 11:24am
I'll be at Potomac around 8 a.m. tomorrow for slugging in case there are any drivers who want to try to come out that way. Thanks!
vabigblue View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vabigblue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2004 at 2:01pm
Koakui, I think you are making a major and positive contribution to re-newing slugging at PM. A few years ago, that was a major spot for slugs. I don't know what happened.
koakui View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote koakui Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2004 at 2:14pm
I used to go over there all the time myself. When the new lot opened at Horner last year or the year before - whenever it was - people all started going to Horner. I ended up over there myself just because it was hard to find drivers at Potomac and Potomac's lots were filled to capacity with cars and finding parking was getting tough. Now it is the opposite. I have no intention of fighting people for spaces at Horner when there is parking at Potomac - Potomac is also more convenient for me anyways. I just hope drivers will start seeing the benefits and come on over too.
WBSlug7 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WBSlug7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2004 at 3:27pm
I know personally I'm making the effort to go to Potomac Mills even though I know I can find a spot and it's easier for me to get home at Horner. And as for going home from CC, I have had no problems getting a ride. I do have to tell myself often not to get angry at the drivers who are lined up waiting for Horner slugs when they can just pick us up to Potomac. But I have found that if there are 2 slugs waiting for Potomac but no one for Horner after a few minutes driver will reluctantly take us. I am always happy to ride with someone who has Potomac as first choice however.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 9>
  Share Topic