Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > General Slugging Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Try Potomac Mills if Horner Rd is full

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 9>
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote P8R10TZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2004 at 5:28pm
quote:
Originally posted by WBSlug7
[br]...I am always happy to ride with someone who has Potomac as first choice however.

That would be me... [:D]
aaron_the_prince View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aaron_the_prince Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2004 at 1:44pm
RIDERS: Yesterday I slugged from PM in the morning and back in the afternoon. There was about a 5 min wait for a ride in the morning (around 8 a.m.).

BUT, the real advantage came in the afternoon, when I made a PM sign advertising my interest in being dropped off at PM, with another PM slug standing next to me, we made a PM line right next to the Horner Rd. line at NY Ave (at 5 p.m.). While about 20 Horner riders waited for rides, as PM riders, we had a ride within 2 minutes. We were at the lot by 5:45, home by 6 p.m. What a treat it was not to have to wait ten minutes in line for a Horner ride with another ten minute wait to walk to my car and get out of the lot!! We need more morning drivers around 8 p.m.
koakui View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote koakui Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2004 at 2:26pm
I'll be standing the Potomac line tonight myself. Last night it was a breeze, smooth sailing to get to Potomac. So much easier than trying to get out of Horner and the craziness that goes with it.[:D]
P8R10TZ View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote P8R10TZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2004 at 3:39pm
It would really help a lot if more drivers were committed to pickup AND dropoff at Potomac Mills. As opposed to picking up PM in the morning and only wanting to dropoff at Horner at night. I always to try to pickup up for PM first at night and then take Horner if no one is available for PM. But, that's me...
spolastre View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spolastre Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2004 at 3:49pm
quote:
Originally posted by carleric
[br]It is much easier to read this board if people would just reply and not post the entire thread with their message. It's annoying and time-consuming and unnecessary.

You should learn how to say something without having to say something as "unnecessary" as the last sentence. I think everyone understood what you were trying to say by the first one. I find it annoying and time-consuming when people have to be rude to state an opinion.
P8R10TZ View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote P8R10TZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2004 at 5:41pm
ahem...OK, back on subject now...[:D]
nudriver View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nudriver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2004 at 7:57pm
Can anyone tell me if there is a decent amount of slugs at the Potomac Mills lot going to Crystal City around 6:15?

Potomac Mills would really be the most convenint place for me to pick-up slugs, but am concerned at how many there may be due to the conversation in this thread. [|)]
P8R10TZ View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote P8R10TZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2004 at 8:40pm
Hmmm, that's earlier than I'm usually there. But, it's not very often I have to wait long for riders to show up; especially with the amount of Rosslyn drivers that are usually there.
WBSlug7 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WBSlug7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2004 at 8:03am
I've slugged both around 7 and 8 and there's always slugs to be picked up. The Crystal City line at Potomac seems to be more desperate for drivers than slugs. I'd suggest leaving a bit early and trying it out for yourself. Also don't be intimidated by the amount of cars waiting, they're 90% Rosslyn drivers (which some also accomodate CC if needed).
WBSlug7 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WBSlug7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2004 at 8:31am
Can someone tell me who I can contact at VDOT regarding Horner/slugging situations?

Here are my objectives:
1. Suggest to VDOT to ticket illegally parked cars REGULARLY or DAILY as a way to force people to use other lots. This can help them generate massive revenue as well. I've noticed PWC police out catching HOV violators but I've heard somewhere they don't have jurisdiction over the lots.

2. Have VDOT implement destination signs for the lines at lots, or get permission to put one up ourselves. I think by having posted signs there will be less confusion about whether a line is still running or not when it's empty. It will also help out newbies or those wanting to try alternatives.

I believe there are ways to make slugging even better if people are willing to put some effort into it. As useful this site is I feel in order to reach the public about things we need some other solutions. Anyone with me? [:)]

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 9>
  Share Topic