Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > General Slugging Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Try Potomac Mills if Horner Rd is full

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789>
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JiggaJynx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2004 at 8:15am
WB, good point about shopping convenience for commuters at PM. I like PM and Tackett's for just that reason. On the days I park at the Tackett's old lot (near McDonalds), I can get groceries and stop at the pharmacy before having to get back into traffic. Once I'm into Minnieville's clunky flow, I hate to make another stop.
WBSlug7 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WBSlug7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2004 at 12:57pm
Great news! There's been word that PWC are ticketing illegal parkers at Horner today! I hope they keep it up and it's not a once a month deal. If they had parked at the empty legal spots in other lots like PM they wouldn't end their work week on a bad note...
aaron_the_prince View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aaron_the_prince Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2004 at 11:28am
Horner drivers and riders: Please see map below: Try Potomac Mills around 8 a.m. there are more cars and people showing up due to the recent ticketing.
http://www.slug-lines.com/Images_2/Potomac_small.gif
WBSlug7 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WBSlug7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2004 at 3:33pm
There were tons of cars waiting this morning for slugs to show up because I bet Horner Rd was a mess from the rain. Also getting rides in the evenings has been a bit easier as well. Keep it up!
fed up View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fed up Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2004 at 3:41pm
I had been told (a number of years ago) by someone who used to work with the county and PRTC in its infancy that when Potomac Mills was being planned, that they had to guarantee the county a certain number of parking spaces for commuter parking. Hopefully this is true. I haven't bothered to check it out myself.
WBSlug7 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WBSlug7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2004 at 11:07am
Can people give an update of how the PM lines are working in the recent weeks? Personally I feel it's gaining popularity, especially with the Horner ticketing. I can only speak for the 7 AM crowd, so I'd like to get some feedback on the earlier and especially the after 8 crowd. I think if people know how the lines are running specific to their needs they feel more comfortable with trying PM out.
fed up View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fed up Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2004 at 11:42am
My car pool and I have been meeting at Potomac Mills. We started this week due to lack of legal parking at Horner Road. At 7:50 am there are several cars queued up in line waiting for riders in the line towards Vans which is the Pentagon line. Yesterday, I needed to pick up a third and I found the 14th Street line (closer to the food court side) and there were several people standing in line waiting for riders. Not sure how long it would be before another car showed up I took two riders even though I only needed one. There was also a person waiting in the Crystal City line for a ride. This morning there were more cars than riders for Pentagon, but riders were slowly trickling in.[:D] I couldn't see the lines for DC or Crystal City -- we were parked at the other side of the lot. There was plenty of parking available.
fed up View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fed up Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2004 at 11:43am
My car pool and I have been meeting at Potomac Mills. We started this week due to lack of legal parking at Horner Road. At 7:50 am there are several cars queued up in line waiting for riders in the line towards Vans which is the Pentagon line. Yesterday, I needed to pick up a third and I found the 14th Street line (closer to the food court side) and there were several people standing in line waiting for riders. Not sure how long it would be before another car showed up I took two riders even though I only needed one. There was also a person waiting in the Crystal City line for a ride. This morning there were more cars than riders for Pentagon, but riders were slowly trickling in.[:D] I couldn't see the lines for DC or Crystal City -- we were parked at the other side of the lot. There was plenty of parking available.
aaron_the_prince View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aaron_the_prince Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2004 at 10:33am
Ive switched to PM about two weeks ago. The volume of DC commuters is definately picking up around the 8 a.m. hour. Also, I find it much easier to get a ride in the afternoon from 14th and NY to PM than to Horner - which the line is usually 25 people long by 5 p.m.
WBSlug7 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WBSlug7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2004 at 8:42am
Thought I'd try to get this thread active again since I've notice a lot of comments on the other threads regarding to PM that might be better suited here.

For new readers, Potomac Mills has greatly improved this month. There's always a good amount of people now but we do have to work on consistency. Everyone I've talked to has said more and more ex-Horner users are coming over to PM. I'm also noticing the evening crowd increasing as well, and consequently drivers willing to drop off at PM.

I know there are some of us who have expressed the desire to improve PM and I think it's time we actually do follow through and involve others. Here's the two main concerns:
1. Encourage Horner Rd users to be flexible with using PM.
2. Reorganize the slug lines at PM.

I think we just need a bunch of us to work together from both lots and at the destinations to spread the word and possibly pass out flyers. Comments?

Forget Horner Rd, use Potomac Mills!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789>
  Share Topic