Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > General Slugging Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Freelance Writer Looking for Interviews

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Admin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Freelance Writer Looking for Interviews
    Posted: 15 Sep 2004 at 12:56pm
I received the following email yesterday:

I am a freelance writer and I have pitched a story to the Washington Post about slugging in which they have expressed interest. I am looking for a couple of young hip slugs with whom to speak and am wondering if you can point me in the right direction.

Please contact the writer at: kjmoore10@yahoo.com
Rus View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2004 at 12:34pm
Not interested. Anyone writing an article on slugging and restricting the slugging topic to only wanting to talk to the young and "hip" doesn't sound too swift to me, but thanks for letting us know.
Uhura View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Uhura Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2004 at 8:02am
quote:
Originally posted by Admin
[br]I received the following email yesterday:

I am a freelance writer and I have pitched a story to the Washington Post about slugging in which they have expressed interest. I am looking for a couple of young hip slugs with whom to speak and am wondering if you can point me in the right direction.

]

"Young and Hip"???

You're kidding right?

Live Long and Prosper
spolastre View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spolastre Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2004 at 3:41pm
quote:
Originally posted by Admin
[br]I received the following email yesterday:

I guess I would consider myself "young and hip." However, I'm not doing it. What does being "young and hip" have to do with slugging? This freelance writer obviously is not a very good freelance writer if he/she is limiting the article to the "young and hip."
P8R10TZ View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote P8R10TZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2004 at 3:42pm
I'm not young and hip....neither are my hips young anymore! [;)]
Admin View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Admin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2004 at 5:15am
Although I haven't read the article, I believe the intent of the freelance writer was to show that all sorts of people use slugging to commute - yes, even the young and hip. I sort of laughed at that too and told her I probably didn't fall into that category either.

Since slugging doesn't have a budget to advertise or promote this great way to commute, newspaper articles help get the word out.
kgirl View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kgirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2004 at 8:23am
hey, we're all as young and hip as we feel! i think we should consider ourselves hip just for slugging...saving money and reducing pollution is hip in my book!
spolastre View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spolastre Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2004 at 9:38am
Kgirl, I couldn't agree with you more.

quote:
Originally posted by kgirl
[br]hey, we're all as young and hip as we feel! i think we should consider ourselves hip just for slugging...saving money and reducing pollution is hip in my book!

SJS View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SJS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2004 at 1:55pm
Certainly sounds like a "pick-up line" to me. I suggest the freelance writer go to one of the lines and observe the variety of people slugging. We come in all ages, shapes and sizes. May be a real eye opener![;)]
Geezehead View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Geezehead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2004 at 3:07pm
All Shapes.....that is no lie....
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic