Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > General Slugging Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Tickets at Horner Rd lot this AM!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WBSlug7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2004 at 4:14pm
Exactly, I have also managed to park in a legal spot after 8 AM in the past, even if that meant I had to walk all the way from Telegraph Rd's lot up the hill to the CC line. On the hectic days where I could not find a spot I drove over to Potomac Mills (where I use exclusively now) and parked there. Technically legal or not, it's still wrong and those of you who do it know it.
Wagonman View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wagonman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2004 at 5:31pm
quote:
Originally posted by Late rider
[br]One thing I forgot the Driver's manual says: " Always park on the right side of the curb unless it's a one way street." I was not parking on the street but it was inside the parking lot, so the rule does not apply... I guess and I did not say "It is illegal to park on the left side of the curb" We need to get together on this one because this is not right.

Were you parked against a curb on an access road in the lot where other cars would drive by your parked car? If so, the law will still apply. I'll agree that it is kind of mean to give a ticket in a lot for this. But I don't think you will be able to beat it, especially if it was an access road. The law makes sense for roads, you don't want people driving on the wrong side of the road to get into a spot. You need to better describe where you were parked to get sympathy.
qorc View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote qorc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2004 at 11:20am
agree.

They ticket once every couple of weeks at the 234 lot and i have NO sympathy. These people are often almost blocking exits. If you can't get there early enough to park, TOO BAD. find another lot or another way to get to work.

I wish they'd start towing to be honest.

If you snooze, you lose!
horner_slug View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horner_slug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2004 at 2:43pm
There is no consistency in PWC’s ticketing; they ticket some curbs and not others. I'm not talking about double parking, blocking the road or blocking someone in! The lot was 100% full this AM that means there were NO empty spots in the whole lot! I ended up parking on Telegraph Rd. which is not a problem as long as they do not ticket there. PWC needs to put up no parking signs if they do not want people to park next to the curb. FYI I also got a ticket on the 24th it doesn't matter if you park on the “Left side to the curb” or the “Right side to the curb” they still ticket you!
fed up View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fed up Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2004 at 3:30pm
I have seen cars that are parked on Telegraph Road get tickets. What makes you any more special that you think you should be allowed to park on the side of the road and not get a ticket!!!! Potomac Mills was wide open this morning and had a long line of cars waiting for riders. My suggestion to all of those who are parking illegally -- GO TO POTOMAC MILLS, TACKETS, 123 and quit complaining if you get a ticket. You take the risk by parking illegally, don't complain when you get a ticket.[:(!]
swichowski View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote swichowski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2004 at 5:10pm
There are signs at all entrances that say park in designated spots only.
qorc View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote qorc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2004 at 9:17am
yes, people KNOW that they aren't parking legally, yet bitch and moan when they get a ticket.

It's just like the self-righteous types here claim the right to go 85-95 miles an hour on the road.

People who think the rules don't apply to them.

Then whine about the consequences, or come up with some lame-o excuse. It's an epidemic in society
WBSlug7 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WBSlug7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2004 at 10:43am
I'm so glad to hear there are reasonable, logical, and law-abiding people out there who aren't rationalizing themselves into creating their own rules to suit their needs. Thank you!
horner_slug View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horner_slug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2004 at 3:48pm
The law is the law! READ IT! before you start spouting out about things you obviously know nothing about!

http://www.dmv.state.va.us/webdoc/citizen/drivers/vadm/vadm2-6.asp#5

Parking

When parking on a public road, move as far from traffic as possible. If you park on a road-side shoulder, pull as far on to it as possible. If you park next to a curb, pull close to it. You may not park more than one foot from the curb. Always park on the right side of the roadway unless it is a oneway street. Parking on hills

When parking on a hill with a curb, turn the front wheels to prevent your vehicle from rolling into the street.
When parking on a hill, turn the front wheels of your vehicle to prevent it from rolling into the street.
Refer to illustrations A and B. If there is no curb, turn the front wheels so that if the vehicle rolls, the rear of the
vehicle will roll away from traffic. Refer to illustrations C and D.

You may not park:

beside another parked vehicle (double parking); on crosswalks or sidewalks; in front of driveways; within areas where parking is prohibited by curbs painted yellow or No Parking signs; in a parking space reserved for disabled persons; on the hard surface of a road when no curb is present; within 15 feet of a fire hydrant;
within 20 feet of an intersection; within 15 feet of the entrance to a fire, ambulance or rescue squad station; within 500 feet of where fire trucks or equipment are stopped answering an alarm; within 50 feet of a railroad crossing; or, in such a way that you block or create a hazard for other vehicles in a designated traffic lane.
fed up View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fed up Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2004 at 11:49am
While parking on a public road is legal, one must take into consideration the safety factor of all individuals that travel that public road. DOes VDOT need to place no parking signs on all public roads where it is unsafe to park? In this case, it is extremely unsafe to park on the side of Telegraph Road and walk to the slug line. What does it take for people to realize that what they are doing is unsafe? Does someone have to lose his/her life before VDOT will put up signs on Telegraph Road? When this happens, notice I didn't say if but when, how much do you want to bet that the family of the person whose life has been lost or maimed turns around and sues all those involved. It's not worth it when there is plenty of parking at the other lots. Hopefully there will be enough complaints lodged against those parking on Telegraph that VDOT will put up no parking signs. Save the taxpayers some money and utilize the other lots that have plenty of space.[:(!]
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>
  Share Topic