Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > General Slugging Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Tickets at Horner Rd lot this AM!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fed up Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2004 at 11:58am
In re-reading Horner Slug's post, I noticed a section from the driver's manual that I had initially overlooked. I quote:

"in such a way that you block or CREATE A HAZARD for other vehicles in a designated traffic lane."

THOSE WHO PARK ON TELEGRAPH ROAD ARE CREATING A HAZARD FOR OTHER VEHICLES. This is why the police can ticket those people parking on Telegraph and why those who receive these tickets have no right to complain.
Late rider View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Late rider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2004 at 12:45pm
Well I was parking alongside the curd in a parking lot not on the street or road!!!! You have to know the difference between those words before posting your anger here for those illegal parkers!!! I am talking about parking on the stripped lane, or double parking or parking on the curb painted yellow...[8D] Just because you wake up early and get parking spaces, makes you own the parking lot...LOL
qorc View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote qorc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2004 at 2:28pm
Just because you wake up early and get parking spaces, makes you own the parking lot

-------------------

Just because you're not disciplined enough to get up early and park legally doesn't give you the right to park ILLEGALLY

and then whine about getting parking tickets
scarygreengiant View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scarygreengiant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2004 at 2:32pm
quote:
Originally posted by Late rider
[br]Well I did get a ticket! I did not expect it....[:(!] I am really pissed about it because it said "LEFT SIDE PARKING TO THE CURB" I don't think it's illegal but I'll be at the police station next week to fight about it. It's not like I parked on a stripped lane or yellow lane or no parking zone... I look on the Driver's manual and they don't really emphasize this... Help me out guys! I know there were tons of you out there who got tickets today the 24 Sep 2004 with the same thing...(I don't mean the illegal parkers on white stripped lane or no parking zone sign) ...It could save each of us $35

aaron_the_prince View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aaron_the_prince Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2004 at 2:42pm
Im confused. If Horner Road parking spaces are all taken by the early commuters. Why don't you just go to the Potomac Mills lot?? I used to arrive at Horner around 8 a.m. There were never available parking spaces and I dont want to park illegally and get a ticket. So, for the past two weeks I have been parking and picking up at Potomac. I have had no problem getting to my office in DC by 9 a.m. if I arrive at the lot at 8 a.m. or a little after. Here's a map of where to go:

http://www.slug-lines.com/Images_2/Potomac_small.gif
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scarygreengiant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2004 at 2:47pm
quote:
Originally posted by aaron_the_prince
[br]Im confused. If Horner Road parking spaces are all taken by the early commuters. Why don't you just go to the Potomac Mills lot?? I used to arrive at Horner around 8 a.m. There were never available parking spaces and I dont want to park illegally and get a ticket. So, for the past two weeks I have been parking and picking up at Potomac. I have had no problem getting to my office in DC by 9 a.m. if I arrive at the lot at 8 a.m. or a little after. Here's a map of where to go:

http://www.slug-lines.com/Images_2/Potomac_small.gif

Is there really a slug line there that late? Is so that would be great! I took the Omnibus a few times and stood at the bus stop but I never saw any slug line. Is it in a different part of the mall?
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scarygreengiant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2004 at 3:03pm
I think we should organize an effort to get more drivers and slugs to go to the Potomac lot. It's very close to Horner and there is PLENTY of parking there. Then we wouldn't have so many problems with illegal parking at Horner. The only reason I go to Horner is because all the drivers are at Horner.
Late rider View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Late rider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2004 at 3:16pm
Qoute:
"I'm sick of you early birds assuming that ALL curb parkers are just lazy pigs."[:D]

1) Around 8:30 AM there's no more slugs at Potomac Mills. It's dead you'll look stupid standing out there alone, no cars, nothing...
2) Even if there cars, most of them are Rosslyn or Pentagon, I need to go to 18th... Out of luck
3) Going home is a pain 1 outta 10 cars pick PM

Suggestion:
Why don't you early birds go out there park at Potomac Mills since the pick up over there is early morning and let Horner for us, "Late riders" because that's the only place for sure that we are going to get a ride to work[^] That way we will not park on the curb, we will get there whenever we want to, my friends will not double park beside you cars. If you said PM has plenty of parking, why don't you help out by parking over there and leave Horner to us.
aaron_the_prince View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aaron_the_prince Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2004 at 3:44pm
Late rider: I think your being a bit ridiculous. First of all when was the last time you attempted to park and ride from Potomac? There is clearly a renewed interest there for late riders/drivers. I have been arriving between 8 and 8:15 a.m. and have only waited a few minutes for a ride.
Second, if you cant find a driver right away, there is a bus you can take from that lot.
Third, flexibility is a fundamental key to making slugging work. If you cant find a ride to 18th, take a ride to pentagon and take the metro to 18th - do what you have to do to get to work. There are several options besides solely finding a car to take you to 14th.
Finally, I have yet to have trouble finding 5 p.m. drivers to Potomac mills from 14th and New York. If you dont believe me make a sign advertising your destination is Potomac, stand next to the Horner line and you will see. People have been doing that in recent weeks and they are being picked up faster than the 30+ people waiting for rides to Horner Rd. around 5 p.m. Whether or not you choose to rework your commute, complaining about it and blaming other is not getting you anywhere. And, if you choose to park illegally no one is going to feel sorry for you or make changes to their commute to accomodate your needs. That's up to you to do.
koakui View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote koakui Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2004 at 4:03pm
Just let LateRider keep getting tickets at Horner and us smart slugs go to Potomac and catch the rides after 8 a.m. and get home faster in the evenings! If they don't want to do anything but complain and bellyache, let them!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>
  Share Topic