Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > General Slugging Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Tickets at Horner Rd lot this AM!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JiggaJynx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2004 at 8:28am
What was the deal with tickets at Horner yesterday (Sep. 30)? Some cars parked at curbs had tickets; others didn't. Some cars parked in striped areas had tickets; others didn't. Hard to believe the cops ticketed so early that many other drivers parked illegally afterwards and escaped notice.
southerngirl-nola View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote southerngirl-nola Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2004 at 10:29am
quote:
Originally posted by JiggaJynx
[br]What was the deal with tickets at Horner yesterday (Sep. 30)? Some cars parked at curbs had tickets; others didn't. Some cars parked in striped areas had tickets; others didn't. Hard to believe the cops ticketed so early that many other drivers parked illegally afterwards and escaped notice.

I got the answer to your question from Captin Rudy. Read my message of this morning.
WBSlug7 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WBSlug7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2004 at 10:56am
Someone mentioned earlier about starting an effort to renew intrest in other lots. In another thread I was trying to promote parking at Potomac Mills in hopes of getting more people to go back to that lot. I think it's working slowly. I've seen more cars there and more slugs as well, and yes even for the DC line. So I suggest people just try it if they can, and if they're stuck waiting they can always go elsewhere and metro in. For those of you who really can't afford paying for a ride and have trouble parking at Horner, it's even more important for you to start spreading the word to get people to use other lots. Complaining does not lead to change, it takes committment and actual work. Gaining sympathy does not work either.

I was frustrated with Horner being I started work at 8:30 I went from having to park very far away to not finding spots at all. I tried Potomac and was amazed at how not many people use it even though it is a great alternate spot. A lot of people have the same mindset, that they dont trust a place because no one else will be there so they rather keep fighting at Horner than try to get others to go elsewhere. But more people are using Potomac Mills now because of the few dedicated slugs/drivers who keep the lines running even when they knew they could easily use Horner or might be inconvenienced once in a while. I have since changed my hours to 7:30 so I'm not sure how the lines run after 8 anymore, but I know even for the 7 AM crowd things have been picking up in the past weeks.

Hornerbound View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hornerbound Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2004 at 10:45pm
Calm down people... is this really something to get all bent out of shape over?
aaron_the_prince View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aaron_the_prince Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2004 at 10:27am
scarygreengiant: you life seems like such a hassle. you dont want to pay to ride, but you dont want to get to work early.. decisions, decisions. to ride for free sometimes requires sacrifice. sometimes you just cant have it all your way. maybe you should find a job closer to home.

Anyway, Enuf finger pointing. The volume of people at potomac mills lines has been picking up. DRIVERS: there were 3 slugs waiting at 810 this morning when I picked up. For those of you not sure where to go. see this link for a map:
http://www.slug-lines.com/Images_2/Potomac_small.gif
pablop View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pablop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2004 at 9:41am
If you get to the Horner Road Commuter Parking Lot late, as I sometimes do, you cannot park on the white diagonal lines or curbside. You will get a ticket! I got a ticket for parking by the curb.

You have to park in assigned spaces only. There are signs stating this when you first enter into the commuter parking lot. I personally think there needs to be more no parking signs within the lot warning drivers not to park here or there, but that would be a matter to take up with VDOT. Parking on white diagonal lines obviously means no parking, so don't do it if you don't want to receive a ticket.

I would recommend people either head out earlier OR start using alternate lots (e.g. Potomac Mills). You cannot fight the Prince William Police (Parking Enforcement Division) and expect to win IN THIS CASE.

jacquie View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jacquie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2004 at 4:41pm
Not to pour salt in this wound...but

Does anyone know WHY the Horner Road Lot just magically started filling an hour earlier than usual on or about 9/5/2004 ? Did we have a mass amount of hiskool dropouts suddenly find work for the feds ?

I am one of the unhappy Horner Road people that dislike the additional time it would take to get to another lot. I am opting for earlier and earlier arrival times. And BELIEVE ME this is a SACRIFICE.

-never a morning person
pb1974 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pb1974 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2004 at 4:52pm
I assumed it had something to do with kids returning to school.
SpongeBob View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SpongeBob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2004 at 11:19am
After ten years of slugging up 95, I can definitively say that the Tuesday after Labor Day is the start of the Stuck Here In Traffic season, or S**T Season. Each year, September brings more and more commuters to the road, the summer lull over, and we are being crowded in tighter and tighter each year.

But it's a funny pattern, because while the lots and the HOV lanes get more crowded after Labor Day, the regular lanes get emptier: fewer non-commuting vacationers is my hypothesis.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345
  Share Topic