Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > General Slugging Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Tickets at Horner Rd lot this AM!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Late rider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Tickets at Horner Rd lot this AM!
    Posted: 24 Sep 2004 at 11:02am
It's that time of the month again when they ticket illegal parkings at Horner Rd. They started around 8.30'ish this morning and I am sure they'll be done before we all get home. They have all day! Sorry for you guys out there who's getting ticketed.[:(] I've been there and done that. Hopefully I didn't get one myself[:p]
swichowski View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote swichowski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2004 at 11:07am
I saw something on windows yesterday from Prince William County. Not sure if it was a ticket or warning.
Late rider View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Late rider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2004 at 11:15am
Maybe it was a warning that said they are going to ticket them if they are doing the same thing again tomorrow[:D]
Pirategirl View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pirategirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2004 at 12:04pm
I arrived at Horner this morning around 8:10a and there were still plenty of legal parks remaining at the very back of the lot. I think some people are too lazy to walk from the back of the lot, so they park illegally and then there are those who would rather spend 15 minutes looking for an inch of space that they can cram their vehicles in. So those who get tickets today, rightfully deserve them since they wouldn't bother to check if there were any legal parks available.

~Don't remove the kinks from your hair, remove them from your brain~
Marcus Garvey
WBSlug7 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WBSlug7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2004 at 12:52pm
Thank goodness they're back to ticketing illegal parkers! I've been advocating that they do it regularly on the other thread because this parking situation is out of hand. And when I used to park at Horner I'd get there around 8 and there are still legal spots yet I see people pull right up on a curb or grass in front of my face. Shame on you lazy people, and if you do get ticketed, I don't feel any sympathy for you. There are plenty of other lots to use if you really can't find a spot, like Potomac Mills or Tackett's Mill, or god forbid the deserted 123 lot. [:0]
pb1974 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pb1974 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2004 at 2:06pm
The last time they ticketed, they did not ticket the cars parked wholly in the white lines, but did ticket those that were parked outside them. I'll be interested to see what they did today.
aaron_the_prince View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aaron_the_prince Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2004 at 3:38pm
I knew the ticketing would eventually begin. The Horner lot Tuesday thru Thursday is a disaster for the drivers and riders arriving after 730 a.m. I switched to the riding and picking up at the Potomac Mills lot and its great. No hassles, lots of parking spots open. And, I dont have to walk a half mile to get to the line.
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Late rider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2004 at 6:01pm
Well I did get a ticket! I did not expect it....[:(!] I am really pissed about it because it said "LEFT SIDE PARKING TO THE CURB" I don't think it's illegal but I'll be at the police station next week to fight about it. It's not like I parked on a stripped lane or yellow lane or no parking zone... I look on the Driver's manual and they don't really emphasize this... Help me out guys! I know there were tons of you out there who got tickets today the 24 Sep 2004 with the same thing...(I don't mean the illegal parkers on white stripped lane or no parking zone sign) ...It could save each of us $35
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Late rider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2004 at 6:07pm
One thing I forgot the Driver's manual says: " Always park on the right side of the curb unless it's a one way street." I was not parking on the street but it was inside the parking lot, so the rule does not apply... I guess and I did not say "It is illegal to park on the left side of the curb" We need to get together on this one because this is not right.
mlrdad View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mlrdad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2004 at 4:50pm
Sorry, I have no sympathy for those who get tickets. On one occassion my wife was hemmed in by people who parked illegally and on another a handicapped person I know was prevented from accessing his van because someone had parked in the striped area next to a handicap space. I have arrived at Horner as late as 8 AM and have managed to find a spot albeit some distance away and as others have pointed out, Potomac Mills is alwas an option.[:(!]
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
  Share Topic