Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > General Slugging Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Please AVOID This One-BIG SAFETY ISSUE

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 8>
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NoNo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2004 at 11:21am
I'm sorry, I am not comfortable if I don't have a working seatbelt. If you've never been in an accident, its pretty easy to comment, but I will leave a car without a working back seatbelt. I wouldn't expect others to ride in my car if the back belts didn't work.
Uhura View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Uhura Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2004 at 12:20pm

Wow-I was wondering when someone would go "RACIAL." But -alas, you have tried and failed once again, RoadRunner.

Whatsthematter-Did I strike a nerve?

Why are you "noticing" what I do in the first place if my 15 minutes of fame are up?

I did that to let Admin know that my account and my ability to post should NOT be affected by CYBERBULLIES, WHINERS, and BANDWAGONEERS such as yourself.

Have a wonderful day.

PS-Recall the original point: No one should expect a passenger to ride with them without the option of using a seat belt.

Uhura View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Uhura Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2004 at 12:21pm
quote:
Originally posted by protocol
[br]My problem is consistency. Uhura once derided someone for his not being "internet savvy" (saying "email" when he meant "posting in a forum") yet she appears to be unable to simply Reply to messages without quoting the entire message every time. It takes up unnecessary space and is quite annoying to read.

Get annoyed, and get over it.

Live Long and Prosper
Uhura View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Uhura Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2004 at 12:29pm
quote:
Originally posted by kgirl
[br]Again, lots of complaining, but where is the action. I think its completely reasonable to expect a safe ride, including working seatbelts. But, what exactly do you accomplish by "venting" and arguing with all these people who don't own that particular unsafe car? All you would have had to do is mention to the driver your opinion that you believe that if they are going to pick up passengers they should probably ensure that the seatbelts work properly, or at least inform riders, prior to getting into a vehicle, that they do not work. How hard is that? You said your piece, the driver can do with it what they want, done. I was assuming that we are all adults. And, if you did do your piece and tell the driver your opinion, and wanted to inform slugs of a vehicle with unsafe conditions, fine, great, but why argue about the issue?
I'm pretty sure that Admin's vision for the purpose of this site was to help inform slugs and give new and veteran slugs a place for Q&A, etc.
So, post the make and model of the car, what you believe to be the issue with it, and be done.

Pardon me-but the "action" was in the title and original post. I posted this as a warning. The usual suspects attempted to jump on that warning & pick, pick, pick. Who actually started this "argument?"

Live Long and Prosper
Uhura View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Uhura Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2004 at 12:39pm
quote:
Originally posted by protocol
[br]My problem is consistency. Uhura once derided someone for his not being "internet savvy" (saying "email" when he meant "posting in a forum") yet she appears to be unable to simply Reply to messages without quoting the entire message every time. It takes up unnecessary space and is quite annoying to read.

LOL-your problem is allot more than that!

I "derided" someone for confusing email with a forum? Wow-and you remembered too... How flattering. SMH

Live Long and Prosper
Uhura View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Uhura Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2004 at 12:49pm
quote:
Originally posted by RoadRunner
[br]No one going "RACIAL" here--merely comparing you to someone who just won't go away whether it be on TV or slug-lines.com. So excuse yourself.

Yoohoo, where's my lunch date?

Right...like "Omorosa" IS NOT a racial remark.
What on earth was I thinking?

You are correct though-I am not going away until I feel like it. Once again, I have not violated the user agreement and I therefore have every right to be here.

My "crime" is disagreeing with you a few months back.

I guess I'll have to accept the fact that you are going to follow me from discussion to discussion, analyzing what I say, how I say it, making negative comments about me. Oh well...

Three words:

Bring

It

On

Live Long and Prosper
emancilla View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote emancilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2004 at 1:11pm
I don't think omorosa is a racial remark. Preaching by example, the title of this topic is...a safety issue.
Uhura View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Uhura Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2004 at 1:25pm
quote:
Originally posted by emancilla
[br]I don't think omorosa is a racial remark. Preaching by example, the title of this topic is...a safety issue.

Emancilla, I am glad to see that you have changed you M.O.-Yes, you are correct. We have gotten extremely off topic. This has turned into the I'll Bash Uhura-Uhura Defends Herself thread.

A concern for safety was my motivation for posting the warning-esp since the driver seemed to have deliberately kept quiet about the seat belt until we were well on our way.

I wanted everyone to be warned. That is all.

Live Long and Prosper
Baz View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2004 at 1:30pm
that is all.
(we can only hope) [^]
ScarletLSG View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ScarletLSG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2004 at 1:33pm
Quick Question Uhura,

WHAT kind of job do you hold that allows you the freedom to post ALL day long? I'm blown away, because I come to this site to read and gain legitimate information regarding slugging and HOV. I stop by every few days, during a lunch or coffee break and then have to sift through countless posts from you. I did a five minute exercise and found that in the past 24 hours -- mostly business hours -- you've posted over 15 times ... sometimes very lengthy commentary ... and the number was increasing as I was counting.

I know that you believe that you're doing nothing "wrong" in the strictest sense of the word. But for those of use that don't have as much time as you, I would ask kindly that you just post the necessary information as it regards to slugging and HOV. Additionally, though it is a 'feature' of the site, the "reply with quotes" feature adds to the mess the rest of us need to wade through to get to the meat of what could be an informative post. Again, I would ask that you consider those of us with less time than yourself. Keeping with the essence of the slugging community, we all need to be considerate of others. I would ask that you take this request under consideration and perhaps act accordingly.

ScarletLSG
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 8>
  Share Topic