Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > General Slugging Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Please AVOID This One-BIG SAFETY ISSUE

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5678>
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote uhura2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2004 at 1:17pm
quote:
Originally posted by Dhacim
[br]WTF??? Did they kick you off and you started over? Or is this yet another spoof?

Bingo!

Be warned: On this forum if enough people target you, your abitlity to post will be "adjusted" or you will try to log on one day & be unable to.

Mobbing/bullying/bandwagoneering is a very effective tool in some environments...
USA View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote USA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2004 at 3:51pm
quote:
Originally posted by Uhura
((Yawn)) Ok-you win. Is this over now?

No offense, Uhura, but you purported to "correct" me and then posted incorrect information, so I simply wanted to set the record straight. I haven't got anything against you and I don't believe I've leveled any ad hominem attacks. I even said that I agree overall with your original point, so your snippiness puzzles me.

With that said, this thread seems to have devolved. I suggest the Administrator lock it.
uhura. View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote uhura. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2004 at 2:54pm
quote:
[br]
quote:
Originally posted by USA
[br]
quote:
[br]See, the law enforcement officer could give the driver a citation or the over 16 passenger a citation. But-my concern was not for citations, it was for my safety. I am simply unwilling to ride in a vehicle without a seatbelt on-especially on a dark & rainy morning.

I haven't been on here in a few days and only now saw your reply. You are incorrect on the ticket--a driver cannot be ticketed for an over-16 front-seat passenger not wearing a seatbelt. I can say this from personal experience because Miss Piggy gave me such a ticket in Charlottesville once and I went to court and got it thrown out.

Moreover, the law applies to the FRONT seats only (except for child restraints in the back as appropriate). I refer you to Va. Code sec. 46.2-1094. Paragraph A provides: "Each person at least sixteen years of age and occupying the front seat of a motor vehicle equipped or required by the provisions of this title to be equipped with a safety belt system, consisting of lap belts, shoulder harnesses, combinations thereof or similar devices, shall wear the appropriate safety belt system at all times while the motor vehicle is in motion on any public highway. A child under the age of sixteen years, however, shall be protected as required by the provisions of this chapter."

The law that states that you can be ticketed for passengers under 16 is section 46.2-1095(B): "Any person transporting any child less than sixteen years old, except for those required pursuant to subsection A to be secured in a child restraint device, shall ensure that such child is provided with and properly secured by an appropriate safety belt system when driving on the highways of Virginia in any motor vehicle manufactured after January 1, 1968, equipped or required by the provisions of this title to be equipped with a safety belt system, consisting of lap belts, shoulder harnesses, combinations thereof or similar devices."

......NOW, I am not saying that you are wrong to refuse a ride where there is no seat belt. I would do so too. I feel naked without one. Actually on Sunday I was riding in the back seat of a cab in New York and I didn't have a seat belt on (don't know why I didn't put it on, I just didn't) and it was rather scary given how aggressive the cabbies are! My point is simply that your assertions about the law were incorrect.

Live Long and Prosper

yea, what she said
uhura2 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote uhura2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2004 at 2:56pm
quote:
Originally posted by uhura.
[br]
quote:
[br]
quote:
Originally posted by USA
[br]
quote:
[br]See, the law enforcement officer could give the driver a citation or the over 16 passenger a citation. But-my concern was not for citations, it was for my safety. I am simply unwilling to ride in a vehicle without a seatbelt on-especially on a dark & rainy morning.

I haven't been on here in a few days and only now saw your reply. You are incorrect on the ticket--a driver cannot be ticketed for an over-16 front-seat passenger not wearing a seatbelt. I can say this from personal experience because Miss Piggy gave me such a ticket in Charlottesville once and I went to court and got it thrown out.

Moreover, the law applies to the FRONT seats only (except for child restraints in the back as appropriate). I refer you to Va. Code sec. 46.2-1094. Paragraph A provides: "Each person at least sixteen years of age and occupying the front seat of a motor vehicle equipped or required by the provisions of this title to be equipped with a safety belt system, consisting of lap belts, shoulder harnesses, combinations thereof or similar devices, shall wear the appropriate safety belt system at all times while the motor vehicle is in motion on any public highway. A child under the age of sixteen years, however, shall be protected as required by the provisions of this chapter."

The law that states that you can be ticketed for passengers under 16 is section 46.2-1095(B): "Any person transporting any child less than sixteen years old, except for those required pursuant to subsection A to be secured in a child restraint device, shall ensure that such child is provided with and properly secured by an appropriate safety belt system when driving on the highways of Virginia in any motor vehicle manufactured after January 1, 1968, equipped or required by the provisions of this title to be equipped with a safety belt system, consisting of lap belts, shoulder harnesses, combinations thereof or similar devices."

......NOW, I am not saying that you are wrong to refuse a ride where there is no seat belt. I would do so too. I feel naked without one. Actually on Sunday I was riding in the back seat of a cab in New York and I didn't have a seat belt on (don't know why I didn't put it on, I just didn't) and it was rather scary given how aggressive the cabbies are! My point is simply that your assertions about the law were incorrect.

Live Long and Prosper

yea, what she said

This "uhura." is a spoof!!!!
uhura. View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote uhura. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2004 at 6:04am
quote:
Originally posted by uhura2
[br]
quote:
[br]
quote:
[br]
quote:
Originally posted by USA
[br]
quote:

Live Long and Prosper

yea, what she said

ha ha
pplmvrs View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pplmvrs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2004 at 9:21am
I am so confused. Why is someone else using Uhura? I think people can get really mean on this site
MissUhuraAlwaysWins View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MissUhuraAlwaysWins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2004 at 1:53pm
Okay, enough already! Go away! I win. You lose. ha ha ha

I always win!
uhura. View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote uhura. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2004 at 7:07am
quote:
[br]
quote:
Originally posted by uhura2
[br]
quote:
[br]
quote:
[br]
quote:
Originally posted by USA
[br]
quote:

Live Long and Prosper

yea, what she said

ha ha

No, No! Uhura alwys wins
Baz View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2004 at 7:07am
Well, since it looks like you're pretty much debating/playing with yourself "uhura, uhura.,uhura2", ect... its pretty hard to lose don't you think?? we're all very proud of you (s).
sluDgE View Drop Down
Master Slug
Master Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sluDgE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2004 at 8:59am
..... and deliver us from Evil. [;)]
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5678>
  Share Topic