Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > General Slugging Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

That's it! I surrender

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote qorc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 2004 at 10:31am
IF there was a shortage of drivers, it makes sense

but at 234 there IS no shortage. by 7:15, the line of drivers snakes through the whole lot and they wait 20 minutes or MORE for SLUGS.

so how does me picking up 2 people alter the equation?? please explain

goober View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote goober Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 2004 at 10:31am
Don't pick on qorc. I think he's just doing what comes naturally. Although I think qorc is probably asking for it when he posts on this forum :) He does pick up in the evening, doesn't he?

Goober
Stuck2 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stuck2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 2004 at 10:34am
Keep on slugging at 50 mpg. I've picked up slugs in my hybrid. Boy, I get the "why are you doing this?!?" But hey it's okay. And when there aren't enough people in line the ones who are there usually don't mind being able to head to the HOV w/o a third person.
Baz View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 2004 at 10:34am
Goober,
If I went and bought one of these clean fuel cars, I would NEVER pick up slugs again. Thats why people buy them. To get out of picking up slugs and get in the HOV lanes alone at any time. (Plus to save our environment)[;)]
Until the law stops the CF cars from riding in the HOV lanes, I would be smiling all the way into DC - ALONE
qorc View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote qorc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 2004 at 11:20am
guilty? not in the least.

if I passed the 234 lot and saw LINES of slugs waiting for non-existent rides, I would.

but it's the OTHER WAY AROUND. by 7:00, its a LONG LINE OF DRIVERS WAITING FOR SLUGS.

so me getting into this line does not HELP anyone.

oh and by the way, I'm gonna shave 15 minutes off my trip both ways.

see ya down the road!

JDivine View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JDivine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 2004 at 11:24am
You are more than welcome to come down to the Mine Road lot at 610 and give us DC people a ride! Say around 7:15-7:45 a.m.? You would have more fans than a rock star! Happy Thanksgiving, all.
qorc View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote qorc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 2004 at 11:36am
lol..right..I'm supposed to now go SOUTH, get OFF HOV in order to go pick up people near Fredericksburg? then go on the regular lanes until HOV begins near 234? Add, what? 30 minutes to my commute. yeah, right.

well, you can expect all you want. You will be disappointed.

I got the Prius in order to SHORTEN my commute. Call me crazy, but I think I'll drive myself to work in the fastest way I can.

JDivine View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JDivine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 2004 at 11:41am
But gee, think of the LOVE and the warm fuzzy feeling of helping out others! HAHAHA!
emancilla View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote emancilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 2004 at 11:55am
There's a shortage of drivers at Potomac Mills around 7:15 to 7:45am. You won't have to drive south to pick up slugs and it'll be on you way to DC. How's that?
getmehome pweeze View Drop Down
Master Slug
Master Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote getmehome pweeze Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 2004 at 12:12pm
Gorc- Sound like you are trying to start a slug match (yeah, that was corny)But in all seriousness, I have been in more than one hybrid car. There is nothing wrong with picking up slugs, BUT- there is not a rule (yet) that say's you have too.

:'}
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>
  Share Topic