Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > General Slugging Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

That's it! I surrender

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote qorc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 2004 at 12:46pm
and where do I get off to get to Potomac Mills? think I'm going to INCH my way up the normal lanes and by-pass HOV at 234? Hey, genius, the first exit after 234 is Springfield.

No I don't think I'll be doing that. NO person in his right mind is going to quadruple their commute in order to pick up long-suffering slugs at Potomac Mills!

Guess again.

sorry, guys. I spent the money on the car to SHORTEN my commute. Not lengthen it! You people amaze me.

If YOU are so concerned about slugs at Potomac Mills then YOU drive and pick them up!

protocol View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote protocol Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 2004 at 12:48pm
Of course no one says he "has" to do anything. But why post on this board - a place designed to HELP people slug - your intention to start doing something that does everthing but help the slug community? We need fewer cars on the road, not more.
qorc View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote qorc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 2004 at 12:55pm
well actually by going with my hybrid:

1. I make one more spot to park a car at the 234 Lot.
2. I make one more spot for a slug to ride out from the 234 Lot.
3. I've sold my gas-guzzling pick-up truck. I'm now driving everywhere (not just slugging) cleaner.
4. I'm voting with my feet - because the authorities refuse to do anything about the pitiful state of the rt. 234 lot (and no, it's way too far and slow for me to drive to other lots further north), I'm basically chucking the system. I won't participate.

flame me if you want. But I'm doing what 99.9% of MOST people will do. find the fastest, most convenient way to get to work. Even most slugs do it for this reason. So don't try and hold ME to a standard that most people could not hold themselves too.

I'm out and on the road!
Baz View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 2004 at 1:01pm
I'm sure everyone thinks THEY are doing the right thing. Slugs think their way is best - ones who have bought CF cars think they are bettering things. I guess whatever way gets people to work in their most convenient way is the winner. I bet once HOT lanes move in, there will be lots of folks changing their commuting habits - including loyal slugs flipping the system a big finger.
JDivine View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JDivine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 2004 at 1:01pm
HOV... isn't that the acronym for HIGH OCCUPANCY VEHICLE? A hybrid vehicle with only one occupant traveling in those lanes during the restricted hours becomes an oxymoron. Pollution reduction is merely a benefit of HOV, not the purpose of HOV.
cedarcitynative View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cedarcitynative Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 2004 at 1:11pm
I'm with you, buddy. If I had $25,000 (spread over 60-84 months), I'd be driving right along side you too. My neighbor just bought a new Prius (she's a stay out home mom) and it is one cool car! In fact it is such a cool car, that being able to drive in HOV would be just a bonus for me (driving a super technologically advanced, environmentally friendly car is the primary benefit).
qorc View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote qorc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 2004 at 1:15pm
yes, that's what HOV stands for but the Commonwealth of Virginia has decided to also reward people who are driving in FUEL EFFICIENT cars along side of the belching, gas-guzzling SUVs that a lot of slug drivers bring. It's called having two goals.

if you don't like it, write the governor. But I didn't drop $24K into a new automobile so that I could double my commute by picking up stray slugs! *laughs* As if!!!

I slugged for 2 years. I will still slug some. I occasionally drove. I did my time. The system isn't working down at my lot.

Like I said, in 2 years, i have NEVER seen a hybrid pick up slugs at my lot. Not even once. Why should they? You get a bunch of strangers in and out of your vehicle and it takes longer. Does that make sense to you? REALLY? So YOU would be that one "whore with a heart of gold" that would invest money in a hybrid and still pick up slugs? Yeah, right! I'll excuse you while you adjust your halo!
emancilla View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote emancilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 2004 at 1:49pm
Calm down Gorc, I was just kidding but you didn't get it.
qorc View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote qorc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 2004 at 1:50pm
it's "Qorc"...but who cares?

you might have been kidding. some of these nitwits aren't though! lol
Baz View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 2004 at 2:09pm
qork..dont turn into uhura...[B)]
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>
  Share Topic