Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > General Slugging Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

That's it! I surrender

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote protocol Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 2004 at 2:48pm
Qorc, you know what they say: If you're not part of the solution....
Why, by the way, would you post here in the first place? You're telling us that you're going over to the other side (and by other side I mean single drivers, NOT Hybrids, for I HAVE seen Hybrids - admittedly a small few - in slug lines). What use does that have? This site is about making things better for as many people as possible and all you're doing is adding another car to the road.
Oh, wait, I forgot. Your commute gets better. I guess that's what it's all about. Me, me, me.....
qorc View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote qorc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 2004 at 3:04pm
yes, that's what most human activity is about.

sorry if that offends you! I didn't realize I was dealing with a bunch of self-less saints! You certainly won't do what's in YOUR interests, will you?

Boy the "holier than thou" attitudes are RAMPANT today!

I guess I was just saying "ciao" with the post. I got frustrated with the 234 lot situation and I'm voting with my feet! Yes, I AM part of the solution - one more slug can park and ride since I won't be there. And unlike many of you, I will be getting 50 mpg instead of polluting the atmosphere with an SUV getting 12. The Commonwealth of Virginia agrees.

CIAO!
emancilla View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote emancilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 2004 at 3:16pm
Oops, sorry Qorc. My bad.
WBSlug7 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WBSlug7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 2004 at 3:24pm
Baz, you crack me up with that comment! I was totally thinking of the same thing. Let's not start that mess again we just had a few weeks ago. Congrats on the car, enjoy it, and thanks for rubbing in in our slug faces.

Forget Horner Rd, use Potomac Mills!
SpongeBob View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SpongeBob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 2004 at 4:18pm
Qorc, you've riled me, and that's bad for you. You are the absolute stereotype of a humorless Smug, a self-congratulatory preening pseudo-environmentalist who is only concerned about himself. Re-read your posts and count the number of times you use the words "me" and "I".

1. You are not so much leaving a space at 234, as you are taking up a space on 95. Your hybrid takes up a car-space that could be holding three commuters instead of one. You are a Space Hog. I dub thee a Plug.

2. My 7-year-old daughter would quickly grasp the difference between 100 vehicles carrying 300 people, and the effect of 100 vehicles carrying only 100 people. Like the impact on the traffic within DC, or the increased need for a parking space in a more-crowded environment. Leave your car in the burbs!

3. How's the traffic around the Pentagon at 7:30 every morning? Pretty bad, huh? Well, remove the hybrids from the equation and, well, the answer should be evident even to one with a quark-sized intellect.

4. So-called "clean fuel" vehicles run on ALL GASOLINE while cruising on the highway. Three or four people in my old 4Runner (20 mpg on the highway) is a lower net per-person environmental impact than a single Qorc at 50 mpg. Factor in the actual vehicle-life impact (manufacture, tires, battery disposal, etc,) and you, as a Smug, are causing more environmental harm than almost any HOV short of a Hummer.

5. It's the space, dummy. The few backups which occur every morning are caused by, what, too many people in the cars? Of course not: by too many cars on the road. And what do these backups cause? More emissions from the vehicles stuck in traffic. So: if the hybrids add to the number of vehicles on the highway, then they add to the gross emissions. Thanks, Qorc, on behalf of everyone, for your contribution to the environment.

6. Finally: are you truly lacking a humor-bone? Can you not detect the friendly joshing tone of emancilla and JDivine? Did you think JDivine was seriously asking you to come south to the 610 lot? D'oh!

It don't pay to rile the Sponge.

(BTW, come see my new movie! [:D])
goober View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote goober Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 2004 at 4:26pm
Mr. SquarePants, You qorc me up!

Goober
mirangus View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mirangus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2004 at 8:05am
Qorc... I gotta say that had I not already weighed the cost-benefit and figured in the end of the exemption in '06 I might have jumped on that bandwagon too. However, I must say that I certainly admire Mr. Sponge's candor...VERY funny!!! HA!
Baz View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2004 at 9:12am
Roadrunner.....mmm,mm,mmm...you had to open up that can of worms didn't cha...[8D]
qorc View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote qorc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2004 at 9:22am
Spongebob

Take a pill. If they provided adequate space at 234, I probably would never have bought this car. Does the word "loser" come to mind? or is there just a big "L" on your forehead?

by the way, driving in today in my Prius? 15 minutes faster on a usually 45 minute total commute. sweet!

You can take shots at me all you want!

Have fun standing in the rain y'all!

OUT!

SpongeBob View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SpongeBob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2004 at 12:44pm
Sorry, Qorc, the 234 argument doesn't hold water. I parked at 234, too, from the time it opened. I was one of the principal forces behind getting the lot expanded (well, I like to think I was... who can say, really?)

When the 234 lot started filling up earlier each day, I shifted to parking at the McD's, at the end of 234 in the dirt, at the Food Lion, in the woods... anywhere I could find a space. (And no, I couldn't just keep getting there earlier: I have a daughter in daycare who takes precedence over my commute.)

Eventually, the number of drivers going to 18th St. dwindled to nothing. So after trying the bus for a couple of weeks I tried slugging from Horner. Great for about 18 months. And now that Horner is full up, I slug from Potomac Mills. In short, I did not "surrender", as you did (per the thread's title.)

Adaptability, my Pluggy friend, is the hallmark of the true Slug, and the strength of our evolution. You, Qorc, did not try hard enough. You are weak. You are dismissed from our Fellowship. Begone and trouble the Slugs no more.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>
  Share Topic