Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > General Slugging Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Offensive Music - REALLY

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Subaru Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2004 at 7:39am
I rode in an Accord the other day from Crystal City. Besides the fact that it was 2 door, the seat belt behind the passenger didnt work, and there were crumbs everywhere I was offended by the radio station. I think it was 105.6 or something. It was a religious bible thumper channel, and for the whole ride the radio station made it seem like Bush was god or something. Either way I didnt like it and I plan to never ride in the car again. But I wouldnt tell the driver to change the channel. I just rolled my eyes and sat back.

-Rob
kgirl View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kgirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2004 at 9:37am
Subaru,
you have patience! i'd have jumped out of the car!
muschi View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote muschi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2004 at 1:00pm
i think this topic is real simple: slugging is not a 'the driver rules all' thing. in return for the driver getting to go down the hov lane the car's environment should accomodate all not just the driver. when i pick up folks i often have some freaky music playing [like the sex pistols, gary numan or the cure...] and i turn it OFF. i often apologize for forgetting to turn it off before they get into the car. this is even if the music doesnt say anything offensive beecause lemme tell ya i wouldnt wanna be a slugger listening to some sappy crap like um celine dion for my whole ride home - by the time i got hoem id rather hav needles stuck in my eyes than listen to that crap and i shouldnt hafta listen to a walkman if i didnt want to all in order to just drown out some crappy music thats like nails on a chalkboard to me and trust me folks what u think most people like makes me wanna jump out at 70mph. dont assume we all like what "most people" like. turn it off or ask folks if they mind something and i play tapes/cds so i know whats on. but i ask first and i turn the speakers in the back off since ppl in the back's ears are right on the speakers. and i play something easy on the ears like floyd or the dead [especially w the hope of getting some dead or floyd ideology subliminally pumped into right-wing-nut defense/military folk's heads, hehehe] ....

and Suburu, "Bush IS god!" [said with a stepford-wive glare in my eyes and monotone drone in my voice]. "I'm-so-happy-he-was-relelected. These-will-be-the-best-4-years-for-us-ever". "kethcup-is-a-vegetable". "I-didnt-need-my-social-security-benefits-when-i-get-old-anyway." "equality-is-overated"....
qorc View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote qorc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2004 at 1:03pm
WKYS by any chance?

I've had the displeasure as well.

I don't mind the radio, but must it be BLASTED??

yes, I'm still the occasional slugger...so no jumping on me and my Prius (which is, by the way, averaging 48.5 miles per gallon!)
rusty View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rusty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2004 at 1:34pm
Drivers have to drive in this traffic; they should at least be able to listen to what they want to get them through it. All slugs have to do is sit down. I've been both, and a good station can get me through the commute. If I'm a rider and I don't like the music I read my book. If your that worried about it, bring your own head set.
ronin718 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ronin718 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2004 at 2:18pm
That's right, muschi, Bush is DA MAN.... at least for the next four years. Then we'll probably get Hillie, and the Dems will issue all of us an environment-loving hybrid that we can all drive solo in the HOV lanes 'cuz the Dems will take over Richmond and extend the exemption. [:o)]

MAN, it's so much FUN to drip sarcasm with the drizzly weather. It's Friday, it's payday, and there's only 14 more shopping days until Christmas. Let there be more smilies!!!! [:D]

Hey, qorc, good to see you again, and happy to see you sharing your hybrid. Maybe the community will get off your back about it, eh? [8D]
muschi View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote muschi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2004 at 3:25pm
ok im gonna play the sex pistols today and see how your method goes rusty, hehehe. [for you older folks its punk rock, er um, put it this way, its like, um, an angry foulmouthed bing crosby with horrible larangitis [sp?]] you know, like he really was, when he was at home beating his wife and kids.... [hehe i liked that one]
CUCV_Owner View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CUCV_Owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2004 at 4:28pm
Hey Ronin, what are you still doing here? I thought you could practically walk to work now.

BTW I got tired of dealing with public transit and car-pooling, so I found a new job. Twenty minutes from when I leave the house to when I log on to my PC at work - and no HOV lanes to deal with. [:D]

--
Politicians should serve two terms... a term in office followed by a term in jail.
Dhacim View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dhacim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2004 at 3:04pm
Have any of us stopped to think how touchy feely our society has gotten these days. I mean, seriously, if it was on the radio how offensive could it of been. I for one am getting tired of listening to people piss and moan about little things. Its everything from the Terrell Owens Monday night football debacle where millions were offended by a shot of Nicolette Sheridan's back, to not liking what someone is playing on the radio.

Here is a tip...Bring a discman, deal with what someone is listening to, or don't slug.....But for the love of god, don't vent on this site. We are all happy living in our post Uhura world, and I like the inactivity of this site.
muschi View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote muschi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2004 at 10:16pm
welp Dhacim radio may block bad words out but it still has plenty of material that not all should be subject to, only if they CHOOSE to. its about courtesy. im so tired of this society that has this attitude now of 'screw the other guy' [but in these days of bush thats unlikely to change soon.] and is it so tiresome to take care of your fellow man/slug? perhaps i hav not lived in the dc area long enuf b/c im still able to care about the 'little things' like treating people right ... anyway, the Sex Pistols i played [see above] werent a big hit - i cant figure out why hehehe - i mean, Bodies is great song! "she was born in the lavatry, she was a case of insanity"... "f- it all and f- her f-ing brat". and this thread/topic is really pointless , i think we are all feeling free to hav a little fun with it at this point. and, i had to listen and watch lawrence welk as a kid and i'll be damned if i hav to listen to crap like it now as a slug hehehe
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>
  Share Topic