Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > General Slugging Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Offensive Music - REALLY

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote qorc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2004 at 7:27am
Hey, I LOVED the Sex Pistols 'back in the day'!!

God save the Queen! We mean it man! We love our queen!!! Gawwwwwd save!!!!! God save the Queen! The fascist regime!!
qorc View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote qorc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2004 at 9:15am
to the people who don't like hearing pro-bush stuff (by the way, he won the election. Easily. by 4 million votes. GET OVER IT),

I don't like hearing the usual NPR clap-trap in many cars. But hey, you're a rider. I carry earplugs if it's too loud. Other than that, I pretty much tune out whatever they have on and keep my nose in my book
uhura2 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote uhura2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2004 at 9:37am
quote:
Originally posted by WBSlug7
[br]I still believe in the rule that it's the driver's choice in what music they like to hear. I'm sure many won't mind changing it if you asked politely, but my opinion is that if you are worried about it then bring your own headphones/player. I carry around my discman sometimes when I don't feel like having to deal with my outer environment. I've sat in a particular ride many times that I've nicknamed "storybook man", because the driver always listens to audio books. It's like being read a nap-time story. I enjoy finding out the listening preferences of others. I meant to start a post asking why people feel they need to put on Smooth Jazz or WTOP, because although I see the point of it, I would rather listen to more variety. But hey, I'm a slug and if I don't like it I can take the bus. [;)]

Forget Horner Rd, use Potomac Mills!

I agree. I think it's "stepping over the line" to tell someone what they can listen to in their own car. I have been inside many a car where the radio content was "off color;" however, I felt I could deal with it for a 20 minute FREE ride...
ronin718 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ronin718 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2004 at 10:40am
CUCV... I'm still hanging around slug-lines.com 'cuz it's fun!!! Between qorc and his hybrid, Uhura and the numerous clones, and the various other characters in here, I get to enjoy at least one chuckle a day. It also helps me to appreciate even more the 2.5 mile "commute" that I have now. The only slowdown I hit today was due to the drive-thru at Burger King. [8D] Besides, I can still pass on advice from experience to all the H-M to Rosslyn slugs.

Ain't heard much from you since you took that new job. Drop me a line and fill me in. You must still be doing the early-bird gig, though, since I never see your green monster in the parking lot as I drive by in the morning.
kgirl View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kgirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2004 at 3:05pm
normally I don't do this, stray off topic and such, sorry Admin..
but, qorc, check out www.sorryeverybody.com

and just to fit in with the topic, perhaps drivers should post a sign on the window, or when they pull up in addition to saying "2 for Bob's" they should state the type of music that will be played: "2 for Bob's with gangsta rap!" [8D]
muschi View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote muschi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2004 at 3:27pm
im confuzed how someone can be into a song thats anti-fascist [god sav the queen] and that same person can be pro-bush who IS a
fascist!! ....Anarchy in the usa! hehehe .

yeah 4 million votes is a mandate - i know....oh and rumsfeld looked great in front of the troops being questioned about armor plating rofl "its a matter of physics" getting it to them, are you people high who voted for these numbnuts? i mean come on, i can understand u hated clinton b/c dont ask dont tell [tho i dont agree b/c foxholes r ugly and they need decorating and its not like u guys r gonna do that lol]... but we can spend $1b on just one missile system among many but we hav trouble cranking out some plates of frigging metal?! lol rumsfeld oughta be out on his arse if he's that incompetent and cant get some metal. hey, i know a guy named "tony" off the nj turnpike thatd hook him up w metal plating! fahgetabout it,whatevah u want! ha.

ronin, ive still yet to try the slug pik up at rosslyn [fearing i'll be sitting there forever]. id luv more advice , on how it is over there.
rusty View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rusty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2004 at 4:38pm
KGIRL

DON'T PUT POLITICAL CRAP ON THIS WEBSITE!!!!
ronin718 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ronin718 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2004 at 5:10pm
muschi... Take it from me and CUCV, the Rosslyn to H-M run sucks. Nobody does it because nobody wants to get off the Metro at Rosslyn to take the chance. That's one more reason CUCV and I both got jobs out here on the western end of the Toll Road. That's two more parking spots at Mine Road (of course, we never parked there in the first place) and one less car in the HOV-3 lanes (which we never drove on). Life is very, very good now. [8D]
qorc View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote qorc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2004 at 6:25pm
because only a fool (re: Leftists) get their politics from musicians and Hollywood.

yeah, Michael Moore, Bruce Springsteen, Michael Stipe REALLY delivered the election for Kerry!!!

To me, music is music. Politics is something different.

Untighten your sphincter and try and think on your own!
kgirl View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kgirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2004 at 7:38am
rusty,
1. don't yell
2. i didn't start it
3. are we adults? granted i think its a little off topic, but chill out, we are all allowed our opinion, and these forums are chalk full of opinions.
again, rusty, chill out.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>
  Share Topic