Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > General Slugging Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Snow on the top of your car

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Moody Girl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2005 at 11:15am
I would like to take a moment to point out that for those of us who are Vertically Challenged, any vehicle roof is difficult to reach! [:(!]

However, for those of you who like to make fun of the "short folks", just remember when you are standing out in the line freezing and a car/truck pulls up that is just a little too cozy for you, I will fit in just fine. Not only will I be warm but I will also be halfway home before you realize maybe it's not so bad being petite. [;)]

Anyone who has watched the news or knows anything about winterizing your car, the first rule of thumb is to always make sure you keep the windshield washer fluid topped off and keep a jug in your car at all times. kgirl- This may come as a shock, but, they actually sell the kind that does not freeze up. [:0]

I agree that the only way for everyone to be safe is to be considerate of others. However, when you start making rediculous accusations, you are bound to get a swift kick in the rear! Have a great day. [:)]
pplmvrs View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pplmvrs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2005 at 12:25pm
I can't believe that you are actually saying that short people shouldn't buy SUV or I guess mini-van's for that matter. What kind of statement is that? I saw plenty of compact cars with snow on the roof yesterday also.
gj View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2005 at 12:58pm
Moody Girl, I think the real intent of the thread is that EVERYONE should clear off their ENTIRE car. Doesn't matter if you are tall or short. Doesn't matter if you drive an SUV or a compact car. Not doing so causes a very dangerous situation for the cars behind.

You make a good point about making sure you have plenty of washer fluid that won't freeze in the line. However, sometimes its not a lack of washer fluid that causes the problem. A couple of weeks ago I was driving back from PA. Road slush built up on my hood around the area where the fluid comes out clogging everything up. So the fluid was useless until I pulled over and cleared the hood. People who do not clean all the snow off of their cars can cause the same problems for the people behind them.

gj
kgirl View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kgirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2005 at 2:55pm
moody:
my fluid LINE froze and the windshield wipers busted off in my attempt to get home from Philly Sat. My car is a junker which is why I slug - ride, but I DO have to get myself to the lot.
I think you are little too sensitive about the short thing. Get a broom to get the top.
Wagonman View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wagonman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2005 at 7:57pm
quote:
Originally posted by gj
[br]
Road slush built up on my hood around the area where the fluid comes out clogging everything up. So the fluid was useless until I pulled over and cleared the hood.

gj

Having heated washer nozzles is so nice. :-p
mirangus View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mirangus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2005 at 9:09am
quote:
Originally posted by Wagonman
[br]
quote:
Originally posted by gj
[br]
Road slush built up on my hood around the area where the fluid comes out clogging everything up. So the fluid was useless until I pulled over and cleared the hood.

gj

Having heated washer nozzles is so nice. :-p

Goodness gracious...LOL. That's like having those little three inch wipers for your headlights. Pretty soon we'll have car features available that "do your dishes for you" or "read you a story and tuck you into bed a night."

[?] Do they actually work that well??
SpongeBob View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SpongeBob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2005 at 9:39am
Ooh! Ooh! I want those! Heated nozzles!

Imagine what a Sponge could do with heated nozzles!

Actually, I recently rode in an Audi with heated seats on a very cold day. Bliss... bliss....

My next car is coming with heated mirrors, heated seats, heated steering wheel, and now, heated nozzles. [8D]

How cool.
sluDgE View Drop Down
Master Slug
Master Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sluDgE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2005 at 11:43am
Hey Sponge,

To get all those heated options, looks like you'll be spending something on the order of $40-50K at least! Is a Lexus, BMW, Mercedes, Acura, Infiniti, Audi, Cadillac, Lincoln, etc. in your future?
Looks like your future's so bright you'll have to wear shades! [8D]
Keep on sluggin'! [:)]
SpongeBob View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SpongeBob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2005 at 11:57am
Well, no, I'm made of spongey material, not money, so Beemers and Lexi are not in the picture. [:(]

I may jury-rig heated nozzles by drilling holes in my hood. But I'd give my (detachable) right arm for heated seats!

As for the future... the sky is falling! Fight the Toll Roads!
ralbritton View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ralbritton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2005 at 3:04pm
Sponge,

You can get the heated seats and side mirrors in a VW Passat (cold weather package), and probably in the Jetta as well. And I got my 2001.5 for less than $25k. You could probably get a used one for a lot less now. The biggest issue I have is that it takes a long time for the interior to warm up. The seat warms up quickly, but it's about 15 minutes into the drive before you actually notice that the rest of the interior is warm .

You can take care of the steering wheel by adding a cover, so you don't need a heater there. The fluid nozzles, now that's another matter.

These mornings, my slugs are quite comfortable (I only need 1 for Toll Road). I make sure I turn on the heater before I get to the lot.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic