Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > General Slugging Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Snow on the top of your car

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carleric Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Snow on the top of your car
    Posted: 22 Jan 2005 at 7:25pm
Please, please, please, when you clean the snow off your car, also ALWAYS clean the top off. Not doing so (and MANY people, for some reason, leave a layer of snow on the roof of their car) is simply incredibly dangerous. Be considerate.
It's insane that people have to be told this EVERY YEAR.
getmehome pweeze View Drop Down
Master Slug
Master Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote getmehome pweeze Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2005 at 7:53am
Thank you, we were stuck behind an SUV that was just spitting snow at us this morning, its scary!

:'}
kgirl View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kgirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2005 at 8:05am
Indeed! Please keep in mind that someone's wiper fluid line may be frozen and when you spew your dirty snow on their windsheild they will become blinded! urg.
sluDgE View Drop Down
Master Slug
Master Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sluDgE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2005 at 8:29am
Not cleaning snow off vehicles is just another example of typical Northern Va driver laziness. We saw an old Honda Accord on 395 HOV this morning with snow cleaned off the windshield only. The guy couldn't see bupkus out his side or rear windows -- and his hood, roof, and trunk were all snow-covered. But he was doing 65-70 mph anyway, apparently alone, violating HOV at 6:40 this morning. [:(]
cedarcitynative View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cedarcitynative Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2005 at 9:09am
The problem is: short people buy tall cars (SUVs) and they cannot reach the roof to clean them off. As was witnessed this morning by a smallish person in a black SUV ripping down the HOV on-ramp at 123 blowing chunks all the way. They veered in front of me and created a white out until the top cleared off. Shame, shame, shame!
sluDgE View Drop Down
Master Slug
Master Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sluDgE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2005 at 9:49am
Short people who buy tall vehicles should also buy stepladders.
Not quite as drastic as Randy Newman's lyrics "Short People Got No Reason to Live". [8D]
Baz View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2005 at 10:39am
Short people buy tall cars?? Oh boy....Anyway, what do I do since I own a pickup truck and the back is filled with snow? Shovel it all out?
emancilla View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote emancilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2005 at 12:11pm
I saw a school bus in the regular lanes with the top all covered by snow this morning around 7:40am. It caught my attention because it was spitting snow to every single car behind it, including the cars to the far left lane.
getmehome pweeze View Drop Down
Master Slug
Master Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote getmehome pweeze Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2005 at 12:35pm
Sludge- I saw that car also! I H8 HOV violators.

:'}
wdossel View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wdossel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2005 at 12:42pm
quote:
Originally posted by sluDgE
[br]Not cleaning snow off vehicles is just another example of typical Northern Va driver laziness.

Not limited to NoVa -- have seen the same deal in every state/country I have lived in or deployed to where there was snow, even those wherein summer is but a fleeting thought and one would think those denizens should know better.

- Will
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic