Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > General Slugging Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

What happened to Uhura?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carleric Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2005 at 1:55pm
Don't know, don't care. For all I know, you were equal parts victim and perpetrator, or all victim, or whatever. What I do know is that this discussion serves no useful purpose. Can we get back to the purpose of this website, i.e. getting us slugs to and from work in as efficient a manner as possible? I will never understand why anonymous name-calling and/or criticism rankles people. Why does the opinion of someone you don't know and will likely never meet bother anybody?
getmehome pweeze View Drop Down
Master Slug
Master Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote getmehome pweeze Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2005 at 2:03pm
So your saying that you have never been bothered by someone on this sites comments, or opinions, isn't that why its called a forum? A public meeting place for open discussion.
A medium of open discussion or voicing of ideas, such as a web site.

:'}
uhura2 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote uhura2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2005 at 2:32pm
quote:
Originally posted by getmehome pweeze
[br]So your saying that you have never been bothered by someone on this sites comments, or opinions, isn't that why its called a forum? A public meeting place for open discussion.
A medium of open discussion or voicing of ideas, such as a web site.

...Sure sounds like that's what is being said.

The thing is, we should be able to disagree and even poke fun without someone getting their thongs twisted. Unfortunately, I was targeted by a cybermob who doesn't understand the concepts you just brought up.

People sent emails to me personally, they spoofed the site administrator, they spoofed (& continue to spoof me) and they repeatedly complained to the site administrator about me. I personally asked site admin how I violated the user agreement & he couldn't say. He just said that since "so many people" were complaining about me, I may be banned. Is that alone a good reason?

That is what bugs me: I did not violate the user agreement; however, admin spoofing and harrassing other site users with personal emails are obviously violations. What happened to the folks who participated in that behavior?

protocol View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote protocol Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2005 at 3:24pm
Admin, can we get a new folder (maybe call it Off Topic) created for this fascinatingly irrelevant thread?
Undisclosed View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Undisclosed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2005 at 3:27pm
Uhura, you act like you are entitled to justice, fair treatment, or even an explaination. You're not. This is a private system. We are all guests. The host asked you to leave.

What part of that don't you understand?
Master Slug
Master Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote getmehome pweeze Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2005 at 3:36pm
I agree with both sides, I myself remember a few heated words with Uhura, but I also remember sticking up for Uhura. AND- I myself requested an "Off Topic" thread a few weeks ago, for the variety of subjects everyone seems to complain that is "off topic". Unfortunately, no one said a word, and the subject dropped. Its a shame too, it was ignored by the same people who complain about going off topic, who da thunk it!?

uhura2 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote uhura2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2005 at 3:37pm
quote:
Originally posted by Undisclosed
[br]Uhura, you act like you are entitled to justice, fair treatment, or even an explaination. You're not. This is a private system. We are all guests. The host asked you to leave.

What part of that don't you understand?

I think you are absolutely right-no one is entitled to justice or fair treatment. Thanks for your insightful comment.
uhura2 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote uhura2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2005 at 3:39pm
quote:
[br]I agree with both sides, I myself remember a few heated words with Uhura, but I also remember sticking up for Uhura. AND- I myself requested an "Off Topic" thread a few weeks ago, for the variety of subjects everyone seems to complain that is "off topic". Unfortunately, no one said a word, and the subject dropped. Its a shame too, it was ignored by the same people who complain about going off topic, who da thunk it!?

That's telling-LOL
uhura2 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote uhura2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2005 at 3:40pm
quote:
[br]I agree with both sides, I myself remember a few heated words with Uhura, but I also remember sticking up for Uhura. AND- I myself requested an "Off Topic" thread a few weeks ago, for the variety of subjects everyone seems to complain that is "off topic". Unfortunately, no one said a word, and the subject dropped. Its a shame too, it was ignored by the same people who complain about going off topic, who da thunk it!?

Getmehome, most well-adjusted adults are able to disagree without becoming disagreeable-or without trying to silence people who do not agree with them...
Master Slug
Master Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote getmehome pweeze Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2005 at 3:46pm
I love your Alice-in-Wonderland Mad Hatter lingo. Shmardt.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic