Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > General Slugging Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Do not Dirty my Car Seat

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 7>
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sstran Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2005 at 7:56am
Sylvia:
It sounds to me like you are a bit too picky and particular. As the one man pointed out, you are taking over 80 people in your car a week. If you have something in particular you want a slug to do or not to do, then verbalize it it them. The are not mind readers and don't know that you don't like their bags on your seat. Most of them probably don't even realize they are getting your seats dirty.

Slugging probably isn't for you. I feel you need to go sit in traffic for a few hours this week over on the other side and then maybe you'd either voice what you want to your slugs or spend the 100 bucks on seat covers.
SJS View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SJS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2005 at 8:57am
TRI2DC - hopefully you were trying to be funny...NOT![V][V]
jojobean View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jojobean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2005 at 9:15am
I totally agree with Sylvia. I like many, drive some days and slug the others. Why should she/he buy seat covers when its simple to put your bags on the floormat? As many threads have said this a give and take relationship. I don't think its to much to ask. I once had a woman drag her bag (the type with wheels) all the way across the back seat...leaving a trail of mud as she got out of the car.

mirangus View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mirangus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2005 at 9:30am
Why not place a little sign on the back of your seat if it bothers you so much?? That way you can communicate to all your backseat slugs and slugs won't have to be responsible for mind reading. Asking nicely would also do the trick. I doubt you'd find someone that would get irrate with you if you asked them to place their bags on the floor. It's worth a shot anyway...
kgirl View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kgirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2005 at 9:48am
Goodness gracious. I see this continually, people get all bent out of shape over something when it would be so much easier to just voice your concern at the moment it occurs. Yes, standing outside in the cold, wet, weather for sometimes 20-30minutes, some slugs may put their briefcase/gym bag down for a moment. When the car finally arrives going to their destination --REJOICE-- and gets them out of the misearble weather, it may slip their mind that their bag might have a little dirt on it. I'm sure that the happy slugs, so happy that your car finally arrived and is nice and warm, I'm sure they would not be offended if you said, "oh hey, i think your bag might be dirty, just set it on the floor..."
or, why don't you take your own precaution and put something over the seat? you don't even need fancy schmancy seat covers, just put some newspaper down, then us slugs will feel like the dirty dogs you take us for. sheesh.
bnvus View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bnvus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2005 at 10:34am
I think a friendly reminder during those miserable days is more than appropriate...especially with a smile and a thank you.
Sylvia View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sylvia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2005 at 10:35am
quote:
Originally posted by defender
[br]
quote:
Originally posted by Sylvia
[br]
quote:
Originally posted by qorc
[br]buy seat covers (GOOD ones for the back seat, less than $100)

if you're going to take slugs, expect some dirt and wear and tear. You've got FOUR STRANGERS going in and out of your car every day - 20 a week, 80+ a month and so on.

if you can't deal with the dirt and won't buy seat covers and floor mats, then don't take slugs.

I do not have a problem with the dirty floor mats, but I do have a problem with inconsiderate people who have no consideration of other people's property.

Do you drive a silver/grey color BMW, VA plates ADK****, goes to 234/Montclair?

Fuller Underwood II

No I do not drive such a car.
I think what everyone should ask themselves is, "Would I want to sit on a dirty seat in a dirty car? I think one of the rules for drivers taking part in the slug program is that they should keep their cars clean. If the driver has to provide a clean car, what give the slug the right to put dirty bags on the seat.
Sylvia View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sylvia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2005 at 10:42am
quote:
Originally posted by sstran
[br]Sylvia:
It sounds to me like you are a bit too picky and particular. As the one man pointed out, you are taking over 80 people in your car a week. If you have something in particular you want a slug to do or not to do, then verbalize it it them. The are not mind readers and don't know that you don't like their bags on your seat. Most of them probably don't even realize they are getting your seats dirty.

Slugging probably isn't for you. I feel you need to go sit in traffic for a few hours this week over on the other side and then maybe you'd either voice what you want to your slugs or spend the 100 bucks on seat covers.

Yes, you are right I am picky and quite proud of it. But it seems that I am not the only one. Do not get me wrong, not all slugs do this. Perhaps there just needs to be more picky slugs. The slugs are not children. They should know not to do it. Just like you would not go into someones home and put your feet on the sofa with your dirty shoes still on your feet.
Sylvia View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sylvia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2005 at 10:44am
quote:
Originally posted by sluDgE
[br]Sylvia,
Good point. I think many slugs are just creatures of habit, and often don't even think about where their bags were sitting before they plopped the wet/dirty bags down on a driver's clean car upholstery. This might be a good item to add to the Slugging Etiquette list.

One way you can do something to stop this is politely remind & caution the slugs BEFORE they enter your car .. especially if you have electric door locks. Something like, "I noticed your gym bag was on that wet pavement, will you please put it on the floorboard?" will probably work. Then you can unlock the doors.

After all, you are sharing your clean, reliable comfortable car with people who are depending on you for a ride to/from work.

Keep on sluggin' [:)]

I started mentioning it to them when I could not tolerate it anymore.
Sylvia View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sylvia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2005 at 10:48am
quote:
Originally posted by kgirl
[br]Goodness gracious. I see this continually, people get all bent out of shape over something when it would be so much easier to just voice your concern at the moment it occurs. Yes, standing outside in the cold, wet, weather for sometimes 20-30minutes, some slugs may put their briefcase/gym bag down for a moment. When the car finally arrives going to their destination --REJOICE-- and gets them out of the misearble weather, it may slip their mind that their bag might have a little dirt on it. I'm sure that the happy slugs, so happy that your car finally arrived and is nice and warm, I'm sure they would not be offended if you said, "oh hey, i think your bag might be dirty, just set it on the floor..."
or, why don't you take your own precaution and put something over the seat? you don't even need fancy schmancy seat covers, just put some newspaper down, then us slugs will feel like the dirty dogs you take us for. sheesh.

I apologise that my comments make you feel like a "dirty dog" as you stated. It was not my intention to make anyone think of themselves as less than human.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 7>
  Share Topic