Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > General Slugging Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Do not Dirty my Car Seat

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 7>
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sylvia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Do not Dirty my Car Seat
    Posted: 14 Feb 2005 at 11:51am
People, the ground you walk on is DIRTY. There is spit, gum and God knows what else on the ground. I find that some sluggers put their briefcase/bags on the ground, regardless of whether the ground is wet or not, will waiting for a ride. As soon as they get into the car the first thing they do is put their bag on the seat. This has happened to me and I find it very, very, annoying. I keep the inside of my car clean for my own comfort which the slugger benefits from as well. I would not sit on a dirty seat and I am sure neither would some sluggers. If the ground is good enough for your bags, then the floor of my car is also good enough. Or you can put your bag on your lap. Get your clothes dirty, not my upholstery. How can anyone be so inconsiderate to another persons property?
sluDgE View Drop Down
Master Slug
Master Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sluDgE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2005 at 12:43pm
Sylvia,
Good point. I think many slugs are just creatures of habit, and often don't even think about where their bags were sitting before they plopped the wet/dirty bags down on a driver's clean car upholstery. This might be a good item to add to the Slugging Etiquette list.

One way you can do something to stop this is politely remind & caution the slugs BEFORE they enter your car .. especially if you have electric door locks. Something like, "I noticed your gym bag was on that wet pavement, will you please put it on the floorboard?" will probably work. Then you can unlock the doors.

After all, you are sharing your clean, reliable comfortable car with people who are depending on you for a ride to/from work.

Keep on sluggin' [:)]
qorc View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote qorc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2005 at 1:02pm
buy seat covers (GOOD ones for the back seat, less than $100)

if you're going to take slugs, expect some dirt and wear and tear. You've got FOUR STRANGERS going in and out of your car every day - 20 a week, 80+ a month and so on.

if you can't deal with the dirt and won't buy seat covers and floor mats, then don't take slugs.

defender View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote defender Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2005 at 1:26pm
quote:
Originally posted by Sylvia
[br]People, . . . Get your clothes dirty, not my upholstery. How can anyone be so inconsiderate . . .?

Good question. May I add a few of my own?

Do you drive a silver/grey color BMW, VA plates ADK****, goes to 234/Montclair? Yes, well guess what?

A friend called me Thursday to say -- "Do not ride with these people. They do not want me to put my bag on the seat and they have their bags on the floor. They told me to put my bag on my lap. How inconsiderate is that?"

I thought it was pretty cool question. More so the situation. Not many Silver/Grey BMWs. Much less one where the first three letters on the plate might form an easy to remember sound.

pb1974 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pb1974 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2005 at 1:36pm
I agree. It certainly isn't considerate to put wet/dirty items on the seat of a stranger's car. However, I do think that if any driver truly wants to protect their seats, they could by seat covers or cover the seat with blanket. No, it doesn't look great, but it's temporary for the time you have slugs in the car and you save yourself the aggravation of messy slugs.

quote:
Originally posted by qorc
[br]buy seat covers (GOOD ones for the back seat, less than $100)

if you're going to take slugs, expect some dirt and wear and tear. You've got FOUR STRANGERS going in and out of your car every day - 20 a week, 80+ a month and so on.

if you can't deal with the dirt and won't buy seat covers and floor mats, then don't take slugs.

USA View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote USA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2005 at 1:52pm
Or you could just pop the trunk and ask them to put their bags back there. In particular the people who pull wheeled suitcases should have no problem doing this.
Sylvia View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sylvia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2005 at 3:32pm
quote:

I do not have a problem with the dirty floor mats, but I do have a problem with inconsiderate people who have no consideration of other people's property.
tri2dc View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tri2dc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2005 at 3:49pm
Slugs by the very nature are not "clean" animals, in fact kind-of slimey
defender View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote defender Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2005 at 5:23pm
quote:
Originally posted by Sylvia
[br]
quote:

I do not have a problem with the dirty floor mats, but I do have a problem with inconsiderate people who have no consideration of other people's property.

Do you drive a silver/grey color BMW, VA plates ADK****, goes to 234/Montclair?

Fuller Underwood II
vabigblue View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vabigblue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2005 at 7:46am
I think SluDge said it best. Slugs just react without thinking. I'm sure if you reminded them that the floor is better for their bags, they won't have a problem with that.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 7>
  Share Topic