Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > General Slugging Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Will you take a third?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote murphy1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2006 at 9:19am
quote:
Originally posted by carleric
[br]I have been slugging every day out of Tacketts and Potomac Mills for better than a year now and have NEVER seen behavior like that which Pana describes. Is this line-cutting more common than I think it is? Am I just lucky in my choice of lots?

Yes...you're lucky in your choice of lots...I picked up from Tacketts and Potomac for several years. Montclair also for awhile. Never ever have I seen the rudeness that I've seen in the Stafford lots in the past 6 months I've been picking up down here! It's horrible. Both with slugs jumping in front of each other and more so with drivers cutting in line at the lots and at the Pentagon. It's bad enough that I've actually had several days recently that I've left the lot and just sat in the regular lanes of traffic rather than watch the rudness. What has happened to kindness??
sluDgE View Drop Down
Master Slug
Master Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sluDgE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2006 at 12:35pm
Maybe it's something in the air or in the water. [:p]
n/a View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote n/a Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2006 at 3:12pm
True, some people are timid and do not speak up when maybe they should. And others are not that comfortable with the SLUG system and rules. And some are still a little sleepy at 7am. But that does not mean that others, who are bold, experienced or awake, should take advantage or be rude. Courtesy is the key, so let's remember our elementary school manners and don't cut in line. It's not rude to ask if a driver will take three, and if the first person in line won't ask, why not the fifth? But the first person in line for that destination should have dibs on that ride, it keeps the line moving and we all get moving faster. No need to cut in or to get upset about it. Let's keep it light and we'll all get home safe!
SillyBilly View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SillyBilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2006 at 4:58pm
Sometimes we stuff a slug in the trunk when it gets too full in the car, they don't seem to mind at all.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
  Share Topic