Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > General Slugging Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Will you take a third?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tonka Truck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Will you take a third?
    Posted: 17 Feb 2005 at 1:29pm
This mainly occurs in the AM commute...There seems to be a trend occurring with AM Slugs that think if they ask the driver if they will take a third rider that they themselves are entitled to be that third rider even though they are not the next in line for that destination. Has anyone experienced this?
carleric View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carleric Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2005 at 1:37pm
We recently had this very discussion. There's a minority of people who think that the asking entitles them to the seat, as opposed to just helping move the line along. Personally, I don't get it. You get the seat 'cause you're loud? Oh, well. Most slugs don't operate that way.
tri2dc View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tri2dc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2005 at 1:38pm
The nerve of some people, I mean really what kind of world do we live in.
VA_Slugger View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VA_Slugger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2005 at 2:09pm
But what gets me are the riders who "actually" get upset and start bad mouthing the drivers who politely refuse to take a third [:I] [?] [:I]. And God forbid if the person has an SUV or equally large vehicle, they would really lose it [:0].
remowilms View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote remowilms Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2005 at 10:41am
I haven't experienced this in the AM. But last week going home from the Pentagon to Rolling Valley, I actually saw a lady effectively bully the driver into taking her as a third. The rider stood right next to the passenger window and seemingly wouldn't move until the driver acknowleged her. I could not believe the driver actually said yes and proceeded to get out of the car and move her stuff to accomodate the "bully" rider. Wow...thought I had seen everything.
EnufisEnuf View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EnufisEnuf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2005 at 1:12pm
That is Pana. Pana did a post recently about the fact that he/she calls for a 3rd and then people get mad when he/she takes the ride. Apparently Pana does this a lot trying to get a ride before their turn. I wish I could find the post but I can't. Pana created it.
mycroftt View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mycroftt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2005 at 12:40pm
First of all, asking the driver to take another rider is rude unless there are exceptional circumstances. If someone is rude enough to ask the driver to take extra riders, I would fully expect that indivivdual to be rude enough to try to jump the line as a reward for being so rude.
tdar20 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tdar20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2005 at 12:50pm
Its never rude to ask.....thats just a polite way of seeing if there is a chance that another person can ride.
AF Fam View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AF Fam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2005 at 7:20am
Here is the link to Pana's post:

http://www.slug-lines.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=1947&SearchTerms=third
tdar20 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tdar20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2005 at 8:16am
I should have added that asking is not rude but cutting in line is extremely rude. Ask for those in front of you to help the line move along.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
  Share Topic