Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > General Slugging Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

what was with traffic this morning???

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 7>
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote emancilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2005 at 12:13pm
Yep. I guess the troopers used that as a tactic to get the violators to think they were safe getting off the Springfield ramp.
Bad news for them. HOV enforcement was in place right at the end of the ramp.
vabigblue View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vabigblue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2005 at 12:35pm
We noted an Army guy driving alone in his car. I first noted him just as we got on the HOV at 123. He drove all the way to the Pentagon without being stopped. He was very lucky.
sluDgE View Drop Down
Master Slug
Master Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sluDgE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2005 at 1:19pm
[;)] The Army guy must have been an "on duty" Military Police officer in the HOV conducting "official law enforcement business". [;)] He had to justify being on the HOV in his own mind. [:p]

Keep on sluggin'! [:)]
Bob View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2005 at 1:51pm
I agree that enforcement is good and this new tactic will no doubt have a very good effect. My question to fellow slugs is, how often should they do this, given that it does impede flow on the day they do it!!
What do you think?

Bob
NoSUV View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NoSUV Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2005 at 3:11pm
quote:
Originally posted by getmehome pweeze
[br]Isnt that funny, I didnt see any of that, I left Stafford at 6:50, didnt get to DC till 10to 8! Must have been napping....
NA NE NA NE POO POO- DOWN WITH HOV VIOLATORS!!!! (AND HYBRIDS ON HOV)

:'}

Actually, we should be thankful for hybrids on HOV. The alternative is HOT. Just look at the congestion in the regular lanes! Hybrids over there makes that part far worse, and with HOV humming, a high occupancy tool graduated for number of riders becomes the balancing effort.

So, let's kick out the hybrids so we can lose the ability to ride free!
getmehome pweeze View Drop Down
Master Slug
Master Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote getmehome pweeze Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2005 at 7:43am
Um, no, hybrids should be like everyone else on HOV, you know,three for free, not, oh Im special, my car gets better mileage than yours!! Im all for the better good of the planet and all, but not when out of every ten cars, I see at least three to five hybrids, with one person! DOWN WITH HYBRIDS ON HOV!! HAPPY FRIDAY!

NoSUV View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NoSUV Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2005 at 8:33am
quote:
Originally posted by getmehome pweeze
[br]Um, no, hybrids should be like everyone else on HOV, you know,three for free, not, oh Im special, my car gets better mileage than yours!! Im all for the better good of the planet and all, but not when out of every ten cars, I see at least three to five hybrids, with one person! DOWN WITH HYBRIDS ON HOV!! HAPPY FRIDAY!

Right you are! Bring on the HOT! It's either hybrids or tolls to solve the TOTAL (2 lanes moving, 3 lanes not) congestion problem. Those of us who use the regular lanes on occasion CAN'T WAIT! Keep up the good press!!!
scottt View Drop Down
Senior Slug
Senior Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scottt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2005 at 8:43am
Just wish the cops would do the same type of enforcement in the afternoon.
getmehome pweeze View Drop Down
Master Slug
Master Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote getmehome pweeze Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2005 at 9:03am
For the last time, I am not for HOT, I pay enough on a daily basis you know, mortgage, food, water. I, nor anyone else, should have to pay for the privilage to get to work faster,or in my case,just on time. I'ts just not rite. Isn't it enough that we pay for gas, registration, emmissions, inspection, car loans, insurance, COUNTY TAXES, I'm from NY, there are no county taxes, don't get me started on that BS, but come on people, is HOT really the answer?

SpongeBob View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SpongeBob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2005 at 10:50am
Sorry, GMHP, but it won't be the last time. NoSUV has welcomed you to the twilight zone of his addled thinking. We must all be prepared to constantly repeat for the hard-of-understanding the basic facts and figures of HOV: More People in Fewer Cars is better than More Cars with Fewer People.

Yes, it is pretty simple, I know, but we have to talk in small words for to help our less-witted brothers like NoSUV.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 7>
  Share Topic