Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > General Slugging Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

what was with traffic this morning???

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 7>
Author
Master Slug
Master Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote getmehome pweeze Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: what was with traffic this morning???
    Posted: 07 Apr 2005 at 8:02am
Does anyone know what was up with traffic this morning, even on the radio, they kept saying slow commute north bound 95, but no explanation, I didnt see anything!!
Is it the tourists already????

:'}
DC2RV View Drop Down
Master Slug
Master Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DC2RV Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2005 at 8:54am
HOV enforcement.
smiths View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smiths Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2005 at 9:07am
I saw the huge sign stating "HOV enforcement ahead" or something similar. Who was the brainiac who located this sign prior to the 495 and Parkway exits? And where was the enforcement...
DC2RV View Drop Down
Master Slug
Master Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DC2RV Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2005 at 9:17am
At 6:45, it was between 644 and Duke st.
sluDgE View Drop Down
Master Slug
Master Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sluDgE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2005 at 9:34am
There was another "violator sweep" this morning from Va 644 (OKM Rd)to at least the Seminary Rd area at about 6:15 to 6:30. [:D] Not as many Troopers as the previous sweep, but we saw 4 or 5 violators (and one broken down vehicle - the hood was up) being "greeted" by officers enforcing HOV restrictions this morning. [;)]
Again, three cheers for the law enforcement community keeping cheaters out of the HOV lanes. Way to go State Troopers! [^]

Keep on sluggin'! [:)]
CallmeMrSlug View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CallmeMrSlug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2005 at 10:12am
I counted no less than 15 state troopers doing HOV enforcement when I came through between 6:20-6:40. I was proud of them guys! They were all over the place and all were busy writing tickets! It was a great day to be a slug and a bad day to be a cheat (as if there are any good days to be a cheat)
DaVetsAtHome View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaVetsAtHome Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2005 at 10:47am
quote:
Originally posted by smiths
[br]I saw the huge sign stating "HOV enforcement ahead" or something similar. Who was the brainiac who located this sign prior to the 495 and Parkway exits? And where was the enforcement...

I saw the Springfield ramp, from the HOV lanes to 95 proper, littered with the ravaged carcasses of fleeing violators, who took the bait, only to be cannalized into the pre-prepped, Trooper kill zone.

Ha, ha! Too much fun!
Baz View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2005 at 10:56am
95 proper?
getmehome pweeze View Drop Down
Master Slug
Master Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote getmehome pweeze Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2005 at 11:55am
Isnt that funny, I didnt see any of that, I left Stafford at 6:50, didnt get to DC till 10to 8! Must have been napping....
NA NE NA NE POO POO- DOWN WITH HOV VIOLATORS!!!! (AND HYBRIDS ON HOV)

:'}
sluDgE View Drop Down
Master Slug
Master Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sluDgE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2005 at 12:07pm
Baz,
I think DaVets means the last exit from HOV before the Farnconia-Springfield Parkway HOV exit. That's the exit that flys over the regular lanes and then drops traffic back onto the regular northbound I-95 lanes so the traffic can get on the Beltway and head for Baltimore or Tysons Corner. Appears the end of that exit is what he is referring to as "95 proper". [:I]

No matter how you say it, cops ticketing violators is a great thing for all the legal HOV users! The 4 of us in my carpool sure love it!Hope they keep up the enforcement! [:D]

Keep on sluggin'! [:)]
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 7>
  Share Topic