Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > Morning Slug Lines
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Are there "Body Snatchers" at your slug lot?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
USA View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote USA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2002 at 8:13am
quote:

It's been going on for over 8 years...as long as I've been slugging, and I don't see a problem. So, it just didn't happen recently. Slugging is not Government regulated. It is a free ride to work. This "body snatching" as you call it doesn't happen that often...and I've stood in hundreds of lines over the years. Slug rules, if there are such a thing, say that it is the right of the driver to call someone over if they want, as it is the right of a passenger to refuse to ride with someone.

My feeling is be patient...you will get to where you're going to. I have never been stranded slugging...even when the "body snatchers" come by :) If you're in a hurry, maybe the train, bus, carpool or vanpool would be the way to go.

Seems to me that it's the driver's car and it's the driver's prerogative to reject whomever he chooses for whatever reason he wants (any reason....even if he wants to reject all blacks because he's a Klan member, it's his car). That doesn't mean that someone should routinely pull out people from the back of the line; it would destroy the system if everyone started doing this. But if I, as a driver, came up to, say, 14th & Constitution and saw my next-door neighbor waiting 6 people back, I would indeed call him out of the line and, if challenged, tell the others that he's my next-door neighbor. (If there were enough slugs in line I would take the first two as well.)
TKest View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TKest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2002 at 7:23am
610slug: Nice that you feel that way, but I disagree with you. As someone said on the "Can I Reject a Rider" string, just because there is no rule, doesn't make it right. We already know how you feel from previous messages and that is great for you. We also (like you) have the right to disagree!!!!
610_Slug View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 610_Slug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2002 at 3:45pm
It's been going on for over 8 years...as long as I've been slugging, and I don't see a problem. So, it just didn't happen recently. Slugging is not Government regulated. It is a free ride to work. This "body snatching" as you call it doesn't happen that often...and I've stood in hundreds of lines over the years. Slug rules, if there are such a thing, say that it is the right of the driver to call someone over if they want, as it is the right of a passenger to refuse to ride with someone.

My feeling is be patient...you will get to where you're going to. I have never been stranded slugging...even when the "body snatchers" come by :) If you're in a hurry, maybe the train, bus, carpool or vanpool would be the way to go.

"Body snatching" by definition (see below) is not taking certain slugs from the slug line itself. "Body snatching" is cruising the lot trying to pick up slugs BEFORE they get to the line. This is not an acceptable practice, so I'm editing this response.

Edited by - 610_slug on 02 Aug 2002 11:40:06
kortegel View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kortegel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2002 at 2:17pm
It has been discovered that "will call" practices is in accordance with slugging etiquette. Therefore the message that existed here has been deleted in retraction. Sorry for the confusion. Thank you.

Edited by - kortegel on 02 Aug 2002 12:30:22
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic