Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > General Slugging Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Rt. 3 Gordon Rd - sick and tired

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 7>
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lordscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug 2002 at 3:47pm
She's never really attempted to talk to me. I think she doesn't care for me much for some reason. She was also discussing that she thinks she knows who wrote the note, and indicated they were female (i only overheard a very small portion of the conversation), but i don't know whos he thinks wrote it. i just heard something to the effect of "i think she's the one that didn't but there's no way for me to know for sure".

tdar20 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tdar20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2002 at 2:47pm
I suppose you could always hang an air freshner around her neck!! Thanks for the heads up on this one, will have to keep a sharp eye and nose out for her!

gg View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2002 at 11:17pm
I've read the posts and I think it's kind of funny. However, if this woman was on my route, then, I can see myself being perturbed. She must have some kind of problem with her sense of smell. If her co-workers say she doesn't smell bad then they are either cowards, or maybe they've grown accustom to the smell, like when you're on a farm, you get used to the smell of manure. She is probably a decent person that needs correction. Someone, with no animosity, should speak to her directly about the problem.

gg
CAR View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CAR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2002 at 7:57am
I just heard of this woman yesterday on my slug ride home to Rt 3. I have to say if I ended up getting stuck with her she would not be a happy camper. My suggestion is have a co-worker (if anyone knows her or works with her) send her this link by e-mail. Once she reads that several sluggers and drivers know that she smells she might take corrective action. The other option is to just proceed as normal in the morning and if she's next in line decline her the ride due to her odor. If she is confronted with this problem in public (in the slug line) and other people not only hear it but get rides before her she might fix her problem. Worst thing that could happen is she finds another lot or stands at Rt 3 looking stupid waiting for a ride that won't happen.

Remember it's YOUR CAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

kortegel View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kortegel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2002 at 9:01am
quote:

Hey Kortegel, waddayamean all the 610 slugs are rude pricks so we deserve the B.O. queen? If you lived in a civilized area like Stafford rather than in the woods you wouldn't run into people who have no concept of personal hygiene. Buncha hillbillies...

Mike =:o

Well, I think that Fredericksburg (where I live, as opposed to "the woods" as you call it) is a far better example of a civilized population than Stafford, which is nothing more than an urban sprawl area for folks who have Washington, DC taste but live on a Richmond, VA budget.

I classify Route 610ers as rude because I hear complaint after complaint about the lack of common courtesy that folks from there exhibit. Would it kill some of you to utter a "hello" or a "thank you" when slugging? Those are the kinds of things that I hear most about. Stafford folks can act all uppity all they want, but they're closer to "in the woods" places (as you call them) like Rippon and Dumfries than I am!

K.O.
CAR View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CAR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2002 at 12:58pm
Remember it's your car!!!!!!!!! You don't have to pick her up.

lordscarlet View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lordscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2002 at 10:35am
CAR: Not all drivers are that brave. They'd rather take the trip up to RT 17. Most of the people posting here are riders because we're the ones being punished by it.

on a side note: she has been off this week and getting rides has been very quick and easy.

mycroftt View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mycroftt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2002 at 8:58am
quote:

Well, I think that Fredericksburg (where I live, as opposed to "the woods" as you call it) is a far better example of a civilized population than Stafford, which is nothing more than an urban sprawl area for folks who have Washington, DC taste but live on a Richmond, VA budget.

I classify Route 610ers as rude because I hear complaint after complaint about the lack of common courtesy that folks from there exhibit. Would it kill some of you to utter a "hello" or a "thank you" when slugging? Those are the kinds of things that I hear most about. Stafford folks can act all uppity all they want, but they're closer to "in the woods" places (as you call them) like Rippon and Dumfries than I am!

K.O.

BWAHAHAHAHA! At least we aren't a bunch of pretentious bigots painting others with the broad brush of rudeness based solely on what we have "heard". I slug to and from 610 every day and never have witnessed the type of rudeness you describe. You know what? I think I am more of an authority on 610 slugs than you, in fact I think you are completely full of crap. Furthermore, I have "heard" that Rte 3 slugs "stink". Now I know why.

Mike
CAR View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CAR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Sep 2002 at 10:41am

Lordscarlet,

I totally understand. I guess I weigh the factors of being held captive in my own car by an odor -vs- fixing the problem by removing it. I haven't seen her this week, has anyone?

CAR: Not all drivers are that brave. They'd rather take the trip up to RT 17. Most of the people posting here are riders because we're the ones being punished by it.

on a side note: she has been off this week and getting rides has been very quick and easy.

lordscarlet View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lordscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep 2002 at 9:40am
quote:

Lordscarlet,

I totally understand. I guess I weigh the factors of being held captive in my own car by an odor -vs- fixing the problem by removing it. I haven't seen her this week, has anyone?

She is on vacation

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 7>
  Share Topic