Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > General Slugging Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Rt. 3 Gordon Rd - sick and tired

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 7>
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote freakytdp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Rt. 3 Gordon Rd - sick and tired
    Posted: 22 Aug 2002 at 7:58am
There has been a big concern with a slugger from here. I have heard so many people complain about this one woman...including myself. How do you handle a situation where one person is scaring off drivers from this slug line? The personal hygiene is very unbearable (and I'm being mild). I am too nice, most times, but I'm getting to the point where I'm not going to let this woman run my life b/c I won't turn her down. I do not want to ride with her, nor do I want her to ride in my car. I have seen so many drivers turn around in the morning and leave just to go to Rt. 17 to avoid picking her up...is anyone else running into this situation? It took too long to start the Rt. 3 slug line that I do not want one person to ruin it for everyone else....any thoughts?

lordscarlet View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lordscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2002 at 8:14am
see my post here http://slug-lines.com/forum/topic.asp?whichpage=4&ARCHIVEVIEW=&TOPIC_ID=207

you're not the only one. from what I have heard she was alread removed from the bus and 2 van pools. i feel it is becoming incredibly detrimental to the RT 3 slugline and more than one rider is ready to say something to her in an attempt to save the line.

Johnny H. View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Johnny H. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2002 at 8:30am
Hey, I did not see this message earlier. I posted one in the morning slug line section of this board. I know what your talking about and I dont really know what to do about it, other than for drivers to tell her she is not welcome in their car. We need to convince the drivers to come back somehow or convince (her) to move some where else (17) perhaps.... ;-)

take care,
JH

Edited by - Johnny H. on 22 Aug 2002 08:31:51
Bwneyd View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bwneyd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2002 at 8:49am
I am also a rider of the Rt. 3 line and I have decided that I am willing to say something to her if people will give suggestions on what and how I should say it. I am not going to let someone like her ruin the slug line for everyone else. I am fed up with her "scaring" all the drivers away and am ready to do something about it!

Lesley McAlpin

Edited by - Bwneyd on 22 Aug 2002 09:03:06
kortegel View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kortegel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2002 at 9:19am
Whatever you do don't tell her to go to Route 17...PLEASE! Give her a gift basket full of deodorant and soap.

K.O.

BTW...what is her destination that she goes to? If she goes to Pentagon that would be fine...because then maybe we can get more drivers going to L'Enfant

Edited by - kortegel on 22 Aug 2002 09:21:10
lordscarlet View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lordscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2002 at 9:30am
The Pentagon. I have also heard that drivers will wait in the parking lot in the afternoon until she has been picked up.

Johnny H. View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Johnny H. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2002 at 10:21am
She actually goes to Roslyn, but she will go to pentagon and catch the DoD bus......ok how about 610 lot if not 17....

kortegel View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kortegel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2002 at 10:25am
Yeah! That's a great idea...send her to 610...from what I hear those people are all rude pricks so they deserve her.

K.O.
freakytdp View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote freakytdp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2002 at 10:50am
"Stink Up" confession....I acutally did start to do something about it. I wrote a big bold letter, describing her problem...and asking her to leave the slug line b/c she was scaring away drivers and ruining the sluggers line. I put the note on her windshield yesterday. But as you may already know, her van was there again this morning. I guess it really didn't help...and she DIDN'T get a clue. I think more people should be a little more vocal so she does get the point.

Bob View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2002 at 10:56am
If you don't want to confront her, leave a note on her car.

If that doesn't work, either speak with her or give her a copy of
this message board.

I'm afraid the slugs will eventually end up having to say something.
It's very awkward for drivers to prohibit someone from riding.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 7>
  Share Topic