Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > General Slugging Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Justice - Re: Vandal

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ronin718 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2005 at 2:19pm
Folks, let it go. PO'd, like my 9 y/o son, wanted instant gratification, and since we weren't able to provide it, he's throwing a tantrum. The culprit has been caught, PO'd will get his justice, and the rest of us can go on with life. PO'd did provide a service to the community... he alerted us to this individual. Another slug driver was able to catch this individual before more cars could be damaged.

PO'd... Thanks for the warning. Sorry about your car. Glad they caught the guy. With thousands of slugs, you can't expect the community to know everyone and see everything. It's like working in the Pentagon and having your soda taken out of the communal fridge. What did you expect, 20,000 emails saying we didn't know anything? How many people out there fit the description of "male, tall (6'-6'2"ish), medium build, I'm guessing low-mid 30s, dark-short hair"?

If you choose to discontinue slugging, that's fine. But lighten up!!! If you drive with the same attitude that you've posted, you're going to be one angry driver, and possibly instigate or get involved in an accident. Be happy that they caught the guy and take your frustration out on him and his lawyer.

mirangus View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mirangus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2005 at 2:36pm
quote:
Originally posted by Baz
[br]He nailed ya miranGus

I still think he screwed up. Good cover story though.
mirangus View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mirangus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2005 at 2:38pm
Amen, Ronin.
SpongeBob View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SpongeBob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2005 at 3:55pm
I'm with RLD on this one: I don't believe it. If this was reported to the Police (unspecified county, please note,) then it becomes a matter of public record. One would expect to see it in the local paper with the crime scene being listed as the 610 lot.

I think PO'ed's anger comes from... where? If I had to guess, I'd say a paycheck, and not from a vanpool, either.

In the past couple of months, we have had a number of new posters put up claims (about studies, or rumors, or crimes, whatever,) that smell fishy (not Spongey.) Their unifying element is that something is Rotten in the State of Slugging.

Balder-friggin-dash.

If there was a guy using a box cutter to slice up people's seats, then it would be in a police blotter and a local reporter would, WITHOUT DOUBT, have called one of the two parties. Imagine the Fox-5 report:

"And when we come back, Miranda Johnson tells us the story of a commuter who got more than he could handle the other morning at a local "slug" line." (Over shots of the torn up seats.)

Tell me that wouldn't be news.

So, Big Mouth PO: fork over a police report number or admit you are a faker, probably an employee or agent of one of our two favorite companies....
AveMaria View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AveMaria Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2005 at 4:36pm
Why SpongeBob Square Pants!!! I am shocked by your posting!!!

[:D][:D][:D][:D][:D]
emancilla View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote emancilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2005 at 4:52pm
Something doesn't look right here. First, somebody looking for help on a terrible incident. After some postings showing support and asking for substancial evidence(police report number, a valid request), the person refuses to admit the board is concern and blame it that is not helpful in finding the criminal
The criminal is caught by the help of another "driver", not a slug. The victim from now on will refuse to pick up slugs and call them leeches.

If that person wanted us to help him in the first place and take his word seriously, why is it that he did not want to comply with a police report number request?
There's no room here to take this thread with a different approach. You want us to take your words seriously, take "us" seriously as well when seeking for help.
A new member did well when she documented her incident not long ago:

"I'm sorry you are so paranoid to doubt posts on this board. As a new slugger, I'm not only offended, but disappointed. I turned to this board for advice/guidance/information about the slugging lifestyle, if you will, and because I'm new/unknown I'm thought of as a liar, a troublemaker and it was even insinuated that I am accepting money to cause trouble on this board?

As a newbie, how would I KNOW that it is common practice to post police report information until someone asked me? Given that it was a holiday weekend, why was my 'case' immediately dismissed because I didn't log back on on Friday with this information? Ridiculous.

For the benefit of those who care, I did, in fact, file a report with the Stafford Police on Thursday evening. The reporting officer was Deputy xxxxxxxx. Report number 20xx-xxxx. Since you probably think I'm making this up, too, feel free to contact him at 540-xxx-xxxx. If, by chance, you know anything about this case, you can also call CrimeSolvers at 540-xxx-xxx."

This was only over a stolen wallet and was an appropiate response from a person with common sense. Yes, she was irate and frustrated that members of the board insinuated she was a liar but she did not loose control of herself nor she wanted to give up slugging as a driver.
CallmeMrSlug View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CallmeMrSlug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2005 at 12:28am
Let me just add this to this post. Most of you all assume that when a citizen reports a crime, they immediately get a police report number. I do not think that is true. From my experience in another state, what usually happens is the investigating officer will meet the victim, and attempt to interview the victim to ascertain how the facts of the case should be classified. As most information about crimes is classified in a national data base, the initial officer can not give you a report number. Usually, after submitting the paper work to the central data unit, they assign a unique case number for national crime data tracking purposes. Usually, depending on the size of the jurisdiction this can be obtained within days of your report. Remember, that police officers are dispatched in shifts, and they don't know how many crimes will be committed during a shift, so they don't carry a list of report numbers with them. After a period of investigation, police officers classify reports of crimes as founded, or unfounded. Once assigned a case number, they have to report the offenses as cleared or not. There is a little politics in clearing cases, a jurisdiction with a high percentage of cleared cases is deemed an effective policing unit. Sometimes, to avoid these cases from appearing on the list, the officer will tell the victim it is a civil matter to avoid assigning a report number and getting on this list. Thats not common, but it does happen, especially when the offender is apprehended. The state can pursue the criminal sanction but it may deem the matter better resolved through a civil court process.

Now, theft of a wallet, that usually doesn't happen. But vandalism, where there is no dispute as to the perpertrator and the liability is clear, may be an offense that the state does not want to pursue criminally. The criminal sanction in such cases is used as a carrot to make sure the perpretrator makes restitution. However, this person, if the facts which are alleged are true, twice committed the offense and so the state would normally want to pursue the criminal process in most circumstances.

But my point is that when you demand the reporter give you a case number, well they can't right away. On the theft of the wallet case, the woman had to wait until over the holiday weekend. She did get the report number, posted it publicly on this site. Not one of you refuted the actual report, so despite you calling her a liar, you owe this lady an apology. Now as to PO'ed, it is suggested that this person works for the HOT lane folks. Hello????? Get real! A bigger conspiracy theory never has existed. What FACTS support this allegation? Do you have a report number? A cell phone call data base to support complicity with HOT? Or is it ok for you to defame a persons integrity because you are a long term member of this board and have a cartoon name??? Maybe you should think twice before making accusations you can not support with facts. This just goes along with my general comment that Sponge when you call people "idiots" or "stupid" you denegrate yourself, not the person you attack. Life is more than a cartoon, and your accusation is simply childish.

If PO'ed is not being honest, then so be it. I do not know that, and NEITHER do you. But you have a pretty high opinion of your self if you think at a time when terrorists are killing people in subways, and resorts around the world, that you think the news folks would drop coverage of that because a slug's car was vandalized. Please!!! The world does not revolve around the slugging community. A private citizens loss of personal prperty is hardly breaking news.

Now, I will be out of town several days. Go ahead and spew your venom and sarcasm at me. Heck, I am just a slug who rides into DC everyday who thinks we all deserve better from our fellow man than the crap on this site.

emancilla View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote emancilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2005 at 8:20am
On the theft of the wallet case? Yes, she had to wait until over the weekend but she did it.
Po'ed said later on that he was provided with a case number but he refused to have it public.
Now, I didn't call the lady with the stolen wallet(I didn't even post on that thread) or PO'ed a liar but you have to help us if you need help to corresponde to that.
That's not much to ask.

One more thing, CallmeMrSlug said that you should think twice before making accusations without facts. You have not been here long enough to experience this type of scenarios. It's not because of the seniority thing you state about. Who cares anyway.
How should the board know when someone is reporting a true case then?
POedDriver View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote POedDriver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2005 at 9:26am
Let me put an end to this thread (if possible)...at least for me.

I only came here asking for information from any possible witnesses that may be able to recognize the slugger given the time/date, lot, and physical description.

Let me say that in my original post in the original thread that I DIDN'T EXPECT for someone to be able to help. Sure, I hoped...but I certainly didn't EXPECT it. I knew it was a long shot, but I thought it was worth a simple little post.

When I started this thread, I simply noted that the slug was caught and that it wasn't because of any help from anyone on this board, but another driver who had also been victimized (who incidentally has never heard of this website until yesterday).

Yes, I have a police report number. Actually, now I even have a case number. But why should I provide that information to you? To prove that I am telling the truth? Like I said before, I don't care if you believe me or not...so why would I feel the need to satisfy your requests? All that I wanted to do here was get information...not make friends. That information is no longer needed so I have no reason to be here anymore.

Since you all seem to take such offense at someone accusing a slugger of being a criminal, I'll put your minds at ease and tell you that this whole fiasco never happened. That's what you want to hear right? Well...there you go....IT NEVER HAPPENED. Only the other victim and I know the truth. If thinking it never happened helps you get on with your lives, then so be it.

Good day to all of you.
cedarcitynative View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cedarcitynative Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2005 at 10:07am
POedDriver,

We believed you when you said that your seat had been slashed; however, it was disrespectful for us to be lashed -- when we had no info on the suspect who slashed. Now that things are settled in your mind, please, be dashed!

Unabashed,

Your Friends in the Slugging Community
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>
  Share Topic