Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > General Slugging Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Justice - Re: Vandal

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>
Author
Master Slug
Master Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote getmehome pweeze Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2005 at 10:07am
Good day to YOU sir.

:'}
SpongeBob View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SpongeBob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2005 at 10:54am
I'm not casting aspersions, MrSlug, I'm expressing my deep-seated skepticism of anyone who shows up on our board, makes a claim that someone used a freakin' box cutter on their back seat (why would anyone DO this?), provides exactly ZERO evidence of this attack, describes it all in the most general terms, evidently threatens to bring a gun to the slugline to catch the alleged perp, claims the case is suddenly solved, launches an ad hominem attack on us as a group, decides overnight to stop being a driver-only and joins a vanpool, and finally, having stirred up all this trouble in our little community, wants no more of us.

I'm not hiding behind a cartoon. Plenty of people here have met me in person and I stand up publicly for what I believe.

If PO'ed posts pictures of his seat, I'd believe him then. Until I have evidence, I doubt the veracity of this story. It's just ridiculous to think someone would sit there in another person's car with a box cutter and take the tremendous risk of cutting up the seat. That person, operating alone with two other strangers in the car, would run an extremely high risk of being caught and charged with a crime. And then to think they would be so crazy they would do it AGAIN? Please, this stretches credibility.

However, I will be the first to retract these statements if PO posts photos of his backseat.

Nor am I paranoid. We know for a fact that both Clark and Fluor monitor this board; they've told us they do. They ought to do so, in fact, as part of their obligation to consider how their project will impact the community. Nothing wrong with them lurking. But part of me wonders to what lengths a corporation will go to secure a deal worth $100,000,000.00 or more. They have a score of people working on this proposal full-time, every day. We have only our spare time and each other.

And if you can't see the newsworthiness for a local station in covering an absolutely unique and threatening incident of vandalism involving a deadly weapon, the same one used by the 9/11 terrorists, then you just ain't been watching enough TV.
Bob View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2005 at 12:01pm
I agree with SpongeBob on this one. Someone new to the board has no credibility established and therefore if they make such a claim it will automatically be suspect. It may be true, but why should we believe it unless the posting is from someone we are familiar with? Looks to me like there are a few folks "messing with us." Potential groups include the proHOTs and just people who have gotten ticked over hybrids or other issues. It's a pattern that has now been established with a number of totally fabricated stories, one of which was obscene. And we ought to be more aggressive in deleting the threads.

I appoint myself "Head Slug" with the authority to decide what is bogus or credible (joking.)

mirangus View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mirangus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2005 at 2:31pm
I second that notion Sponge...PO'ed's (can you USE double apostrophes?? haha) story had a very urban legend flare to it. Who knows...maybe he was testing out a new Spam chain letter and we were the test subjects...LOL.
Luvmyhybrid View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Luvmyhybrid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2005 at 3:46pm
This entire thread stinks like a really bad B-movie....the imaginations are running wilder then a river at high water mark!

"Someone new to the board has no credibility established and therefore if they make such a claim it will automatically be suspect."

Come on who died and made you the Slug Gods? And for you "regulars" who don't think the comments of newbies to this site are worth listening to? You all have said yourselves we need to "promote slugging" -- now you're telling the new guys to the website they have to prove themselves to you old dogs before you'll believe anything they say? Well, let's roll out the welcome wagon because the overwhelming warmth and grace of some of these comments are staggering! You all should be ashamed!
goober View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote goober Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2005 at 4:44pm
I haven't checked this message board for several days and apparently I missed what happened to POed. There appears to be editing and deletion of posts by POed, but I sort of gleaned of what happened from other posts.

POed, if you want us to forget what you've said because it was all made up, then that act was criminal. It's like yelling "fire" in a movie theater -- you have no right to cause a false alarm among people. If this is the case, I would suggest that the someone (Admin?) investigate to obtain your true identity and press charges. However, if this is all true, please help us believe it by posting some clear evidence. I'm absolutely sure that those that bashed you will sincerely apologize if you just provided some proof.

Goober
shahedC View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shahedC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2005 at 4:47pm
I don't think it was the "newbie" part that was causing the doubt and disbelief.

Heck, it wasn't even the refusal to part with information about the police report.

It was more of the attitude displayed by the original poster.

Right now, nothing disproves the slashing story, people are just having their doubts.
KCWolfPck View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KCWolfPck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2005 at 10:16pm
quote:
Originally posted by goober
[br]I haven't checked this message board for several days and apparently I missed what happened to POed. There appears to be editing and deletion of posts by POed, but I sort of gleaned of what happened from other posts.

POed, if you want us to forget what you've said because it was all made up, then that act was criminal. It's like yelling "fire" in a movie theater -- you have no right to cause a false alarm among people. If this is the case, I would suggest that the someone (Admin?) investigate to obtain your true identity and press charges. However, if this is all true, please help us believe it by posting some clear evidence. I'm absolutely sure that those that bashed you will sincerely apologize if you just provided some proof.

Goober

I've just been minding my own business, reading along, having a few laughs...but then I read this posts and I'm still trying to get up off the floor. Hahaha!!!!

First off...you admittedly didn't even see any of the original poster's posts. And you still have an opinion???

Second, from how I read his final post...he just said it didn't really happen so "you can all get on with your lives". He said that the other victim and him "know the truth", the obvious undertone is that it really did happen.

Finally, CRIMINAL? Let's say his post was totally fictional (which we don't know) To post a lie on an online forum is now a criminal offense comparable to "yelling fire in a movie theater". PAAALEAZE!!! "Admin, please press charges". WHAT? And what are they going to charge him with? Seriously, this I've got to hear!

While we are at it, let's find the true identity of the guy who posted the MLM scheme here and said it wasn't a scam. Surely, we can get him locked up for life, right? What a freakin' joke.

I'll get off my soapbox now. Sorry, I've resisted the temptation to post on this thread so far, but I just couldn't let this idiotic post pass me by.
mikester View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mikester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2005 at 10:01am
I thought the forums would be a place to discuss legitimate issues. All I seem to see is complaining and whining. These threads go past the point of being absurd
carleric View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carleric Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2005 at 10:36am
Indeed. Can we PLEASE leave this horse alone? Stop beating the poor creature. It expired a LOOOOONG time ago.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>
  Share Topic