Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > General Slugging Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Justice - Re: Vandal

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote POedDriver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Justice - Re: Vandal
    Posted: 01 Aug 2005 at 9:18am
This story is a figment of your imagination. Go on with your lives.

Thank you.
emancilla View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote emancilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2005 at 9:24am
Lack of help? Maybe there wasn't any email with info but some folks gave you much smarter advise that you really needed at that time.
I'm sorry that it took only one bad person to change your view of the slugging community and will say good riddance to you too.
emancilla View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote emancilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2005 at 9:35am
-"Have you considered arriving early to the 610 lot today to potentially identify your slug?"
-"If you were to identify the person, perhaps it would be best if you did not confront him."
-"If you do find the person, get a camera and shoot a PHOTO -- not a bullet. Post the picture here and let us know. Perhaps the photo wil spark a memory of others who may have had the same done to them. Perhaps it will support your case. Since your identity is covered by your "nom du guerre" as well as a Yahoo! address, you have little to loose by sharing the photo."

These are some.
N_or_S_bound View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote N_or_S_bound Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2005 at 9:38am
If you said good-bye, why are you still here?

The potential for help existed here, sorry no one was able to meet your needs. Of course, one must wonder still, how involved does one get that they're unaware of what the person behind them in the car is doing?

Enjoy your commute alone. Your own company will be much better I'm sure and you'll have even more time to enjoy it.

It's not the things that happen to us in life, it's how we choose to respond to those things.

NoSb

SOV because you can, HOV because you care!
carleric View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carleric Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2005 at 9:41am
"not a single e-mail with info"
Sorry we couldn't help you. What kind of info were you expecting? This had clearly not happened to any of us before - or, if it had, the victim had no idea who did it.
I understand you're frustrated but that is obviously not our fault.

Despite your terrible experience, this system works ridiculously well.
shahedC View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shahedC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2005 at 9:46am
It seemed like POedDriver was determined to put down the slugs on this board and refuse to admit that any of the advice that was provided was of any use. After all, the name "POedDriver" was created for sole purpose of being PO'd on this board.

But the good news about the criminal being caught is very good news indeed!!

The sad part is POedDriver now refuses to pick up any slug even though the person was caught!

As I mentioned earlier, my door was hit by a slug and I lost the case, but yet I pick up slugs when I drive...!
N_or_S_bound View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote N_or_S_bound Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2005 at 9:50am
Been picking up slugs for over 3 years consistently (less so before that) and never had anything happen negatively (ok, maybe someone's passed gas a time or two).

Judicious use of the mirror keeps me aware of what's happening in the car.

Interested to know how your commute will be "faster" without slugs. Inverse logic?

NoSb

SOV because you can, HOV because you care!
Baz View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2005 at 9:59am
Ive enjoyed reading this fictional tale just about as much as the new Harry Potter installment! Thanks for the laughs POed! A bloody interesting tale indeed....;)
SuzAnne View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuzAnne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2005 at 10:06am
Back as RLD said, Police Report Number? This would seenm a fiction written to attack the informal car-pooling public. Reading the claim that the police caught the seat slasher only makes me think that this isn't about seats. It is everything about lurking.

shahedC View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shahedC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2005 at 10:25am
POedDriver, the people on this board are not refusing to believe simply because of the absence of a police report number. That, in itself, doesn't disprove your story.

It's your "attitude" that you have embraced throughout the course of the thread.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
  Share Topic