Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > Afternoon Slug Lines
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

New 19th and I St. Slug Line

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
tdrcas View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tdrcas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2005 at 3:42pm
How is this line working out? The line at the Pentagon is growing longer and longer. I would like to start using this line.
phil View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2005 at 3:16pm
is anyone going towards minneville road and dale blvd.
cabrazell View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cabrazell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2005 at 11:26am
DO WE NEED TO STAND IN ANY SPECIFIC LOCATION AT 610 FOR THE A.M. RIDE?
Admin View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Admin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2005 at 5:39am
The new slug line at 19th & I street is going well!! The line begins to form about 4:00pm-ish. The riders usually get picked up in about 5-10 minutes or so.

Since this is a new line make sure to have a sign in hand that has either RT 610 or MINE Rd/Stafford on it.

Also, this is really the most important part, the line forms after the break in the road on 19th street closer to Penn Ave. Currently there are 3 VDOT barrells on the side of the street where the riders should stand. Stand in between the 2 trees just after the VDOT barrells. Once the riders go out to the spot, these instructions will be clear. If you DO NOT stand in the correct spot with your sign, you could be over looked by drivers thinking you are either waiting for the METRO bus or a van pool.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678
  Share Topic