Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > Afternoon Slug Lines
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

New 19th and I St. Slug Line

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 8>
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JasonB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2006 at 1:34pm
Is this line still active? I just moved damn near down to Richmond but work in Foggy Bottom, and the Rosslyn slug line is a pain to get to.

Just curious.
MikeM24 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MikeM24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2006 at 10:15am
I work 17th and New York. Is this a good line for Horner Rd?? I don't have an issue going to 14th to pick up, but if I could grab a couple of folks heading south at 19th and I in the afternoon, that would be terrrific and easier for me. Let me know how this line is for pickup in the afternoon going to Horner Rd.

Mike [^]
SpongeBob View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SpongeBob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2006 at 9:48am
MikeM24: No one has been able to establish a regular southbound line to Horner or Potomac Mills west of 14th Street. However, we have the next best thing going, which is an email list you can join at

Slug-List-horner@googlegroups.com

I haven't the foggiest how these things work, but presumably there is some way for you to have your email added to the list, and then you will get dozens of announcements a day asking for rides or offering them. Set up your Outlook to auto-sort anything with "ISO" or "Horner" into your Deleted folder. That way you only have to review them when you want and your Inbox remains empty.

Good luck!
clairez70 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote clairez70 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2006 at 5:04pm

Hey Mike,

I wonder if you need a regular rider in the afternoon. I work at 20th & L. I get off work from 5:15 to 5:30. If you can't pick me up from 19th and L, I can walk to meet with you at 17th and I. Let me know when can I get ride from you. Thanks.

quote:
Originally posted by MikeM24
[br]I work 17th and New York. Is this a good line for Horner Rd?? I don't have an issue going to 14th to pick up, but if I could grab a couple of folks heading south at 19th and I in the afternoon, that would be terrrific and easier for me. Let me know how this line is for pickup in the afternoon going to Horner Rd.

Mike [^]

Claire Merry
clairez70 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote clairez70 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2006 at 5:09pm

MIkeM24: I wonder if you need a regular rider in the afternoon. I work at 20th & L. I get off work from 5:15 to 5:30. I can meet you at 19 & I. Let me know when can I get ride from you. Thanks.

quote:
Originally posted by MikeM24
[br]I work 17th and New York. Is this a good line for Horner Rd?? I don't have an issue going to 14th to pick up, but if I could grab a couple of folks heading south at 19th and I in the afternoon, that would be terrrific and easier for me. Let me know how this line is for pickup in the afternoon going to Horner Rd.

Mike [^]

Claire Merry
sskrawczyk View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sskrawczyk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2006 at 2:10pm
Does this line form by the SOHO Market and CVS?
sskrawczyk View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sskrawczyk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2006 at 2:15pm
Does the afternoon slug line at 19th and I form in front of the SOHO Market and CVS?
spereira View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spereira Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2006 at 9:41am
This is just to bring to your attention the formation of a new P.M. slug line on 19th Street starting on the 13th of November. The location of the line is on 19th Street between I street and Penn. Ave. (next to CVS and Soho). This line is one block from the Faragut West metro and 1.5 blocks from a PRTC bus line on 18th and Penn. Please pass this to all your commuter friends to make this line a reality.

Riders and drivers wanted.
sluDgE View Drop Down
Master Slug
Master Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sluDgE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2006 at 12:36pm
Slugs need more info on this line .... Please list the afternoon end destinations you plan for the slugs who use this new line?
Are the distant end drop-offs at "Bob's", Rolling Valley, Sydenstricker, Potomac Mills, Lorton, Horner Rd, Dumfrees, Mine Rd, 610, Rt 17, Rt 3, or others?
iyu View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iyu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2006 at 11:42am
Hi, is anyone looking for a rider to Horner from 19th or 18th? I would love to hitch.
Please e-mail me at iyu@imf.org

quote:
Originally posted by DENSIE
[br]Is this line open for folks heading to Horner Road or even 234???? I would certainly pick up and slug from it if it did.... Anybody stop there that isn't heading as far south as Stafford???[^]

IYU
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 8>
  Share Topic