Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > General Slugging Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

redneck drivers

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 10>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Beckie5 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Beckie5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2005 at 1:04pm
Slugging is a form of hitchhiking, and if you don't like other peoples choices in music, and our freedom to express ourshelves then drive yourself! The confederate flags goes doesn't make him a racist anymore then civilian war historial sites or battlefields make a state racist. It's a part of American history!

Beckie K
HockeyFan View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HockeyFan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2005 at 8:38am
You wasted our time with that posting? What type of music do you listen to? I suppose you would rather live in a communist state instead of the one we live in now? Just because he has a confederate flag doesn't mean is a racist like you are suggesting.
N_or_S_bound View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote N_or_S_bound Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2005 at 8:13am
So Sorry Joma,

I can't please everybody, but will try to be more mature from this day forth. Thanks for the pointer!

NoSb

SOV because you can, HOV because you care!
Joma View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Joma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2005 at 7:35am
"Just my opinion," but YOU make way too many unnecessary and juvenile comments.

quote:
Originally posted by N_or_S_bound
[br]Is this the kid's sandbox?!?

Can I play, please, pretty please!>?

NoSb

New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote N_or_S_bound Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2005 at 12:50pm
anything loud can be requested to be turned down. I'm a driver and I'd expect the rider in back to remind me if I forgot to move the fade to front. I'm hard of hearing anyways, so whatever is playing in my vehicle is probably loud to more sensitive ears.

your ideas can't be quashed unless you let them be. know what you know and why you know it and then stand by it (that's a philosophy too).

Everything does derive from a philosophy of life, that's why we can think whereas some forms of matter can't. Maybe it's not foisting so much as the person wants to listen to something (be it Stern or Swindoll) while on the road.

You're doing well to tolerate it. I applaud that. I'd hope folks are forthright enough to tell me if they have a preference to my CCR!

NoSb

ehoberg View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ehoberg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2005 at 12:42pm
quote:
Originally posted by getmehome pweeze
[br]The point of a forum is to post OPINIONS, I posted mine, as have others, some have agreed, some have not. Oh well if my opinion does not match yours, thats life.

:'}

Every thing is not philosophical and therefore controversial. there are somethings that are immeutible. It does not promote connection when one person foists his religious or political or social proclivities on another. It subrogates. I don't think our playing of certain charged materials in the cars are for altruistic reasons; it's not so we can all embrace differences; it's to proliferate our own ideas and to quash the ideas of others.

I usually tolerate the religious stuff because the ride is free and is the hurt my asking the stuff be turned off worth my comfort? no. Do I expect the person of faith to be as considerate? ironically, no. In the case of my objection, the volume was up loud. I mean loud. so I did have grounds to complain.

alrighty.
getmehome pweeze View Drop Down
Master Slug
Master Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote getmehome pweeze Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2005 at 12:22pm
The point of a forum is to post OPINIONS, I posted mine, as have others, some have agreed, some have not. Oh well if my opinion does not match yours, thats life.

:'}
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote N_or_S_bound Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2005 at 7:49am
Everything is philosophical though and therefore controversial. Doesn't matter if I just "like the music, but don't listen to the lyrics", all music, news, poems, commentary, anything spoken, is spoken from a philosophical viewpoint even in jest.

Would be a very quiet, disconnected world were we not to engage with one another in loving, understanding ways in order to understand where others are coming from and thus LEARN about those around us.

NoSb

ehoberg View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ehoberg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2005 at 4:39pm
It may be up to the driver but the suggestion is to not play anything political or controversial on the radio.

That's why when I drove, I elected to not put on Howard Stern.
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote N_or_S_bound Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2005 at 12:08pm
Is this the kid's sandbox?!?

Can I play, please, pretty please!>?

NoSb

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 10>
  Share Topic